• 3 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Anxiety

AwareXx is offline Junior Member

Anxiety

This anxiety is crippling my capacity to go about and be normal. Why is it happening to me? What can I do to fight it? I feel like it's too much already.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I’m asking myself the same question rn

In my case tho, I had brain surgery

You might wanna figure out the reason for yours

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by AwareXx View Post
    This anxiety is crippling my capacity to go about and be normal. Why is it happening to me? What can I do to fight it? I feel like it's too much already.

Do you drink green tea?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Seemingly weird question, but how’s your BP looking these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Seemingly weird question, but how’s your BP looking these days?
    If your BP is too high then the first thing to fail will be your kidneys. You won't be too fussed about anxiety when going through the stages of kidney failure.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You should think about seeing a therapist. Medication might be an option that you should look in to as well.

But what is triggering this anxiety? When did it start?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    What are you running right now?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    If your BP is too high then the first thing to fail will be your kidneys. You won't be too fussed about anxiety when going through the stages of kidney failure.
    Excessively high BP can also cause anxiety and feelings of unease. That’s the reasoning for my question. You’d be amazed at how many people answer that with “I don’t know”.
    Honkey_Kong and < <Samson> > like this.

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    welcome the 21st century....loss of attention span. film that go from 1 frame to another really quickly like an mtv video. i am not too old at 49 years old, but i grew up in the 70s with good music that actually used strings and musical instruments like guitars.

im not a 'boomer' in the negative sense.... i take Clonipin 0.5 mg per day, in the morning. it hits you 30 minutes after ingesting it

but you can't be popping 2-5 x per day or like M & M's like what Eminem reportedly does-- you would lose balance and fall asleep for hours and hours

so talk to ur doc about clonipin... 0.5 mgs works for me and i'm 49 years old 5 feet 10 at 208 pounds. everyone taking this type of drug in this class (benzodiazepam family) like Valium or Xanax...respects it the way native American indians respect the drug Peyote and take only the suggested dose.

Also, you may want to stay away from Xanax, it's the worst of the benzo family drug.

you also may note that sometimes i tried to donate plasma and was turned down becasue my pulse rate and b.p. were too high, but if i took 0.5 mgs of Clonopin a/k/a Clonazepam, it was low enough to be able to be allowed to donate plasma.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    you also may note that sometimes i tried to donate plasma and was turned down becasue my pulse rate and b.p. were too high, but if i took 0.5 mgs of Clonopin a/k/a Clonazepam, it was low enough to be able to be allowed to donate plasma.
    That would hint at your tachycardia and high BP being psychosomatic. Of course a benzodiazepene can have a medical effect on the body, but if it's very effectively lowering your heart rate and blood pressure, then it's probably altering your mind in such a way that you're in less of a state of alarm, which means your mind is telling your body to chill.

I'm not saying this is the only possibility though.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    If you are using gear #1 get your hormone levels checked. Your estrogen is probably to high and its just mood swings unless you have a history of anxiety.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    I also recommend addressing a professional, but I'm almost sure, you will be told that medication and talk therapy are needed to treat your anxiety. At least, it happened to me. I didn't want to take pills (to be honest, I checked the info about them on the Canadian pharmacy and was frightened by side effects). So, here are some ideas that might help you take control:
    - stay active (keep exercising regularly)
    - don't drink alcohol
    - stop smoking (in case you are a smoker)
    - ditch caffeine
    - sleep well
    - meditate
    - eat a healthy diet
    - practice deep breathing.
    Hopefully, you will be better soon. Good luck!
    Last edited by Frank777; 03-31-2021 at 05:20 AM.

BradlyD is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
    I also recommend addressing a professional, but I'm almost sure, you will be told that medication and talk therapy are needed to treat your anxiety. At least, it happened to me. I didn't want to take pills (to be honest, I checked the info about them on the Canadian pharmacy and was frightened by side effects). So, here are some ideas that might help you take control:
    - stay active (keep exercising regularly)
    - don't drink alcohol
    - stop smoking (in case you are a smoker)
    - ditch caffeine
    - sleep well
    - meditate
    - eat a healthy diet
    - practice deep breathing.
    Hopefully, you will be better soon. Good luck!
    I agree. Try to beat it yourself. Take a hot bath and just relax when it's needed, try to go up to 500, then start again; sleep well, it is vital, good sleep time means everything; go for a walk or jog in the calm place like some park; eat right, no junk or fast food or soda pop. I hope things will turn out fine!

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    What is your age? Height and weight? BF percentage. I ask this to get a piece of mind of how you look. If you are currently out of shape and eating poorly it can be adding to this problem. Try to clean up what you are eating and prep everything yourself, only drink water, create some level of structure and planning for daily and weekly basis. Create a weekly goal to try and achieve. Cleaning out your system will help your body and to process better. Adding in extra cardio will help with alleviating some of this anxiety, especially adding in HIIT which can stimulate natural endorphins and opioid peptides in the brain controlling pain and emotions.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It could simply be informational overload. Constant reminders of the geopolitical situation, numerous countries are having an extremely hard time with COVID.
    All of the lockdowns weren't good for many people that aren't accustomed to solitude. I notice many people are obsessed with "What's next"? instead of focusing on "What's now"?

Focus on short term thinking. Not shortsighted thinking, but short term thinking.

You may find as you achieve your mini-goals, you have less time to spend thinking about things that may well be out of your control.

Just offering another perspective.
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    All of the lockdowns weren't good for many people that aren't accustomed to solitude.
    Some people don't make a distinction between 'antisocial' and 'asocial', but I do. There are some nice people who just keep to themselves and like to pursue solitary hobbies, I call these people 'asocial' and I don't think they should be pressured to engage in group activities.

I have a strong tendency to eat by myself, for example in a school or college canteen. For me it's a little time to myself before I go back to the main activity, e.g. learning about zener diodes in a classroom, which I actually find very social as people ask questions and share ideas.

But I think even the asocial people are at their witt's end with lockdown. Less than 1% of people are cut out to work on the international space station. I do think that anyone can become capable of it but it would take extremes of prayer/meditation/chanting/yoga. I'd have to write a lot of poetry to hold down a job like that.

Thread Information