Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 8 Post By Ernst

Thread: A lot more hustling/non-violent crime like Fraud, drug dealing, etc in a bad economy?

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

A lot more hustling/non-violent crime like Fraud, drug dealing, etc in a bad economy?

Title: There's A lot more hustling/non-violent crime like Fraud, drug dealing, etc in a bad economy? If so, do a lot of people get away with it?

in the 20s and 30s the Great Depression which some would argue is very similar to what's happening now, plus we're also living in times similar to WW II as we're fighting worldwide with many countries a foe small in # (not the 3 governements making up the WW II axis, but instead one common foe-Covid-19)

In the 20's and 30's during the great depressiion there were lots of bank robberies

in the 20's and 30's there were people also hustling by running rum / and other liquor, this hustle resulted from the Volstead Act that put prohibition into force
    but what really gave rise to this hustle was being in dismal economic times from the great depression

and although bank robberies aren't non-violent crimes...they were done as farmers owning land had their land notes and mortgages foreclosed on banks, so people justified robbing banks on that level

the FBI is getting those involved in the Capitol riots and making them pay with jail / prison time etc., although many have made bail, which is something that probably wouldn't happen if the times weren't so hard? but the FBI does that because they were violent crimes against persons and property and caused lots of property damage and real palpable fear of a threat to life & limb among the lawmakers inside that building when the attack happened

There was a major shipment seized in Chicago's O'Hare airport in January 2021 of a whole bunch of gear from Lithuania destined for the final destination of New Mexico

What's the deal with that?? You'd figure with a worldwide Pandemic, these Customs Border Patrol officers would a) be short staffed b) not have as much time and resources to stop juice coming in c) give a hustler who's out of work a break?

*How many of you members think that if there's a best time to do a white collar, non-violent, victimless crime and either get away with it or to get a slap on the wrist as far as probation or other leniency, now would be to do it?

like invest in an ounce of powder coke to sell quickly because you have a reliable buyer / friend asking?

Just a little bit of philosophy that has practical purposes...

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Sounds like a fed.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Always on about commiting crime, isn't he?

Yeah, hard drugs are so victimless.

Just ask the children of an addict.

the rebel bootlegging family is goin' legit....

joing the ranks of the Corleone family....

I decided to go clean and do it supplement style!! lol

like get some Tribulus powder from China and put it together into a capsule print out some labels and sell just some strong Asian herbs

but there will be lots of tribulus in my capsules as much as i can afford to because thinking of the long run is important

you know put it together better & more potent than the guy who had synthol in his biceps in the documentary "Bigger Stronger Faster" who mixed more filler in his supplement brand

stay tuned....

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Sounds like a fed.
    maybe i'm like Stander .... I've gone rogue! lol...

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Nothing to worry about. Thanks, Honkey Kong... always for your help on other posts. I studied history a lot at college & now that I'm older I juxtapose and draw philosophical parallels between the past & today. Nothing to worry about, nyet ? or da ? lol...just my quirky sense of humor. But I'm serious about nothing to worry with the ... Have a great weekend HK

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Either one makes the other worse, drugs or bad economy. I blame most of the drug use and crime on the recent leaneancy at least in my god forsaken liberal state. Get caught stealing thousands worth of tool, clothes, alcohol from your local box store and you dont even get charged and no one tries to stop them. I could go on and on....

Thread Information