• 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Hughinn
  • 2 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Razor Rash and Sensitive Skin

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Razor Rash and Sensitive Skin

So I've always dealt with extremely sensitive skin. I typically grow a beard, because when I shave, I get really bad razor rash that doesn't go away no matter how often I shave. I only use a pair of clippers on my head, because the same result happens (except even worse) if I try to BIC my head.

Anyways recently, I started shaving my chest, shoulders, back and arms (because my old lady really isn't a fan of my "furry sweater)." After shaving, I've pretty much got rash all over where I shaved. The worst being between my bellybutton and crotch and on my shoulders (but it's really bad just about everywhere else).

I've used that Lectric Shave stuff before I shaved to help with irritation, I bought this Edge cream that has "collidal oatmeal" to help and I splash on Old Spice afterwards. It's been 100% useless too me. I'm also using Gillette Fusion razors.

What works for you guys?

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    So I've always dealt with extremely sensitive skin. I typically grow a beard, because when I shave, I get really bad razor rash that doesn't go away no matter how often I shave. I only use a pair of clippers on my head, because the same result happens (except even worse) if I try to BIC my head.

Anyways recently, I started shaving my chest, shoulders, back and arms (because my old lady really isn't a fan of my "furry sweater)." After shaving, I've pretty much got rash all over where I shaved. The worst being between my bellybutton and crotch and on my shoulders (but it's really bad just about everywhere else).

I've used that Lectric Shave stuff before I shaved to help with irritation, I bought this Edge cream that has "collidal oatmeal" to help and I splash on Old Spice afterwards. It's been 100% useless too me. I'm also using Gillette Fusion razors.

What works for you guys?
    I found that the sharpness of the razor plays a major role. Also shave with the hair as opposed to against it.
    Shaving against the hair has a tendency to leave a lot of ingrown hairs.
    I would be interested in a females perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    My hair is coarse and curly and I tend to get razor burn. I use Tend skin, but it might get expensive for whole body use?

https://www.amazon.com/Tend-Skin-Sol.../dp/B00BVO6RT2
    Honkey_Kong likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I get red rashes on my face/neck when I shave. They go away after a little bit, but sometimes if I start sweating after shaving, my skin will look all blotchy with red patches. Never had that problem until I was in my late 20's/early 30's. Don't have any advice to offer, but I'm with ya, it sucks.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I found that the sharpness of the razor plays a major role. Also shave with the hair as opposed to against it.
    Shaving against the hair has a tendency to leave a lot of ingrown hairs.
    I would be interested in a females perspective.

Yeah I'd like to hear a females opinion. I try to go with the hair, but I get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    My hair is coarse and curly and I tend to get razor burn. I use Tend skin, but it might get expensive for whole body use?

https://www.amazon.com/Tend-Skin-Sol.../dp/B00BVO6RT2
    I'm going to give this a try. Their amazon ad said a little dab will do, so hopefully it won't be too expensive.

I'm going to give this a try. Their amazon ad said a little dab will do, so hopefully it won't be too expensive.
    This type of applicator seems to work fairly well.

https://www.amazon.com/Swisspers-Pre.../dp/B07CKKGQYN
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    This type of applicator seems to work fairly well.

https://www.amazon.com/Swisspers-Pre.../dp/B07CKKGQYN
    I am glad we got the female input. LOL

AG- sorry couldn’t resist.

almostgone and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I am glad we got the female input. LOL

AG- sorry couldn’t resist.

LOL, no worries. At 56 years old, I am comfortably secure in my masculinity and heterosexuality!!
    charger69 and Honkey_Kong like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Hughinn is offline Banned

What works for you guys?
    I've got exactly the same problem.

Putting a razor to my face, gives me red blotchy rash with acne that lasts for weeks. If I shave again it'll never go away.

Rubbing alcohol helps, but then I get itchy and flaky.

I've literally declined a few jobs because I had to be clean shaven. And quit one because I couldn't take it any longer.

I understand what it's like. I have no solution except to wear a beard like I do, and use clippers for body hair.

But my wife doesn't mind my body hair. I don't grow much on my back.

And she says she likes the way a beard feels between her legs. .

Says she like to know a man's down there.

Hell, bro just sport the beard. As long as you can grow one.
    Last edited by Hughinn; 03-04-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    Gallowmere likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    I've got exactly the same problem.

Putting a razor to my face, gives me red blotchy rash with acne that lasts for weeks. If I shave again it'll never go away.

Rubbing alcohol helps, but then I get itchy and flaky.

I've literally declined a few jobs because I had to be clean shaven. And quit one because I couldn't take it any longer.

I understand what it's like. I have no solution except to wear a beard like I do, and use clippers for body hair.

But my wife doesn't mind my body hair. I don't grow much on my back.

And she says she likes the way a beard feels between her legs. .

Says she like to know a man's down there.

Hell, bro just sport the beard. As long as you can grow one.
    Seconding all of this.
    My curly ass ginger pube hair does horrible shit to my skin if I put a razor anywhere on my body. Clippers are the closest I can get without severe skin reactions.
    almostgone and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Seconding all of this.
    My curly ass ginger pube hair does horrible shit to my skin if I put a razor anywhere on my body. Clippers are the closest I can get without severe skin reactions.
    I don't have gingervitis, but yeah it's same thing for me. We really need a woman's input on this. They all shave their legs and they can't all have skin that can handle it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I’m balder than fuck, from head to toe

I only use a fine trimmer everywhere - anything else gives me mad razor rash. . .and, I’m hairy af - I run it sometimes twice daily
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I’m balder than fuck, from head to toe

I only use a fine trimmer everywhere - anything else gives me mad razor rash. . .and, I’m hairy af - I run it sometimes twice daily
    What kind of trimmer are you using? I just don't want my girl to feel like she's running her hand on sand paper when she's touching my chest or arms.

Blog Entries
    What kind of trimmer are you using? I just don't want my girl to feel like she's running her hand on sand paper when she's touching my chest or arms.

Andis T-Outliner Trimmer #04710

It still gives my head & face that sand paper feel, but looks real good.

I don’t think you can get any closer of a shave from a trimmer. I tried running this guy right at zero & it will give me a rash.

But, I have tried about a dozen trimmers before I found this one. I’m thinking about getting a cordless one for the mid day touch ups.

I kill these blades fairly quick too, specially when I don’t oil the fuck out of it.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Andis T-Outliner Trimmer #04710

It still gives my head & face that sand paper feel, but looks real good.

I don’t think you can get any closer of a shave from a trimmer. I tried running this guy right at zero & it will give me a rash.

But, I have tried about a dozen trimmers before I found this one. I’m thinking about getting a cordless one for the mid day touch ups.

I kill these blades fairly quick too, specially when I don’t oil the fuck out of it.
    That's not unreasonably priced on Amazon. I'm thinking about giving it a try. The stubble isn't really noticeable in person?

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I didn't realise how lucky I am, I can shave my head and face daily if I want to. (Especially if I use one of those 5-blade razors). I don't even need shaving gel on my face, I sometimes shave with just water. Most of the time I put a tiny bit of soap or shaving gel on my moustache but I don't bother with the rest of my face. I still don't get a rash if I only use water.

I can't shave my groin with a razor blade though, I'll definitely get horrible razor rash, same goes for my armpits, so I just use electric clippers. Oh and one time I shaved my armpit and gave myself impetigo, it was really bad, so no more razor blades to pits.

Back when I was 20 I used to boil water and dipped the razor blade into near-boiled water; this had two effects:
    (1) I'm sterilising the blade anew after every swipe
    (2) The higher temperature makes the hair cut easier

Ideally you would shave beside the stove in your kitchen so that you can dip the blade into a lightly-boiling pot.

Blog Entries
    That's not unreasonably priced on Amazon. I'm thinking about giving it a try. The stubble isn't really noticeable in person?
    It took me seriously about a dozen different trimmers to find this one

I just shaved, this is what it looks like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D013317-9BFD-4C28-A900-79F64E146452.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	615.7 KB 
ID:	180835
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

It took me seriously about a dozen different trimmers to find this one

I just shaved, this is what it looks like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D013317-9BFD-4C28-A900-79F64E146452.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	615.7 KB 
ID:	180835
    Alright I'm sold on it.

Blog Entries
    Let me know how it goes

I have used the same motor for almost five years, I burned out all previous motors in about a year

But, I go through blades every 3-6 months - depending on what juice I'm on, since it makes me even harrier

I might get the same one, but cordless next - I just don't see it lasting me that long.

Thread Information