tolinka is offline Senior Member

Stocks, Reals Estate, Investments

I was just thinking about some usefull ways on spending my little amount of money I have. I know my uncle want to go to Real Estate and wants to drag me into this with him. But I dont have any knowledge of this....

Are there any other bros that have their own businesses or investments some sort?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tolinka
    But I dont have any knowledge of this....

Are there any other bros that have their own businesses or investments some sort?
    Never, ever, EVER put your hard earned money into something you don't understand FULLY, let alone not at all. If there is one dogmatic truth to the world of finance, personal wealth and investments it is, or should be, that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Never, ever, EVER put your hard earned money into something you don't understand FULLY, let alone not at all. If there is one dogmatic truth to the world of finance, personal wealth and investments it is, or should be, that.
    My uncle wants to put the money in there himself, since he has the money to do it. He wants me to work with him, research, findinh houses, clients...and maybe be partners.

redrock is offline Member
    My Mom is a real estate agent and she does lots of commercial deals. Lots of big property and buildings. There is money to be made for sure. Just do research or find some help. You might have to sit on the property for years before the market turns around and it would sell for a decent amount over the price. Are you looking at a fixer upper house to sell or a commercial lot? What about buying an empty office building and renting space.

The thing to do, is find an area that is growing. Buy the land. Wait till it's developed and then the land will be worth double or more. The trick is finding a close to the street piece of land, in a area that is expanding. Hope this helps. REDROCK

Quote Originally Posted by redrock
    My Mom is a real estate agent and she does lots of commercial deals. Lots of big property and buildings. There is money to be made for sure. Just do research or find some help. You might have to sit on the property for years before the market turns around and it would sell for a decent amount over the price. Are you looking at a fixer upper house to sell or a commercial lot? What about buying an empty office building and renting space.

The thing to do, is find an area that is growing. Buy the land. Wait till it's developed and then the land will be worth double or more. The trick is finding a close to the street piece of land, in a area that is expanding. Hope this helps. REDROCK
    Thanks Redrock.

Findind a land that keeps growing shouldnt be that difficult since I live in North Dallas, its only growing and getting bigger all the time. New commercial building and residential neghberhoods grow here like hair on my balls...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    IMHO...real estate rarely depreciates. It can take a while in some instances to appreciate...but if you're buying in a hot area you could also hold onto the land and start leasing it to developers. There are 1000 ways to make money with real estate you just have to be in the loop.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    a famous man once said, " only buy what you know"

that man was warren buffett!

Strut99GT is offline Member
    If you're thinking about getting into stocks, just remember one thing: the numbers and research *should* determine the ultimate fate of a company's stock, but isn't always the case. The market is driven principally by people that don't know anything about stocks ("the masses") and what they do doesn't usually make sense per the research. So, unless you are going to invest in a long-term holding with good fundamentals, you have to be willing to "play the game," which to a large extent involved trying to guess what others might do. There's too much to write about this...just don't invest in stocks unless you do a lot of reasearch first

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    like most of the bro have replied, stocks is big gambling if you dont know your shits right. just ask a question to yourself: are you ready to lost all your hard earned money in a risky adventure with your uncle? but hey if youre trusting him, go ahead...

PUMP UP is offline Junior Member
    tolinka

I am an Investment Advisor @ Morgan Stanley and it totally depends on what you are looking for... Long Term, Short Term, Income, Safety??? Long Term you can't go wrong with some type of stock growth fund. But it needs to be money that you don't need for at least a year or 2. I wouldn't put it in individual stocks right now the market is way to volatile now. PM me if you want a couple of good growth funds!!!

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    if you have the money then go with real estate it is one of the safest and can potentially make alot of money. make sure the deal is the best for you and not your uncle.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I know this, where I live in down south (South Jersey that is)...
    I bought my townhouse for 169 last july (1 year tomorrow) I can turn around and sell it for 210 right now! In the area where I live properties go so fast that people are OVERBIDDING on properties! My neighbor, who's place was half the size and nowhere near as finished as mine, 1 month after my buying my place for 169, he had offers up to and above 185! Now, just like anything else stocks etc, trends play a huge part of business. Right now it's a sellers market, and at anytime it can turn into a buyers market! Where properties are up for months with no bids....
    Be careful, money doesn't come fast no matter what any "Guru" says...

SID!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    my recommendation is start researching mutual funds .. they are they easiest way for beginners to start investing a little money. After you get a little experience then move your way up the investing food chain.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Buy Harris Interactive stock (HPOL on the NASDAQ). It's gone from $2 to $8 in the last 9 months.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Buy land. Build the house and try to sub out as much of the work as possible. In other words, dont give all the work to one main contractor cause he will just end up subbing out the work while he makes a profit... At least in CALIF houses are at their peak so real estate is not a good thing right now. But Isreal is a whole new ball game.

peam is offline Suspended
    isn't real estate a seasonal thing for most places though? I know a couple people who are into it and they're always "broke" in the winter time

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    In my area, I think real estate is overpriced. How much money are we talking about here? What are you trying to accomplish (quick cash, retirement, etc.)? What do you do for work?

Thread Information