Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Surprised all Americans don't go down South

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Surprised all Americans don't go down South

I live in Ireland which is a small country -- somewhere between the size of South Carolina and Maine.

If you're born in Ireland you get an Irish passport, which is a European passport, so you can pretty much go live and work wherever you want in Europe. English is only spoken in nearby countries though. Any Irish person can move to Italy, France or Spain, but if they really want to have a good life and work a decent job then they'll have to learn another language.

A person born in the USA gets an American passport. Anyone in the northern states like Washington and Montana can move and go work in Florida, Louisiana, California. The accent is different but it's not like you need to go learn a whole new language.

So anyway I'm surprised you Americans don't get way more movement of people from the North to the South to go live in the sunshine.
    DuckTheViking likes this.

flyinlow is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I live in Ireland which is a small country -- somewhere between the size of South Carolina and Maine.

If you're born in Ireland you get an Irish passport, which is a European passport, so you can pretty much go live and work wherever you want in Europe. English is only spoken in nearby countries though. Any Irish person can move to Italy, France or Spain, but if they really want to have a good life and work a decent job then they'll have to learn another language.

A person born in the USA gets an American passport. Anyone in the northern states like Washington and Montana can move and go work in Florida, Louisiana, California. The accent is different but it's not like you need to go learn a whole new language.

So anyway I'm surprised you Americans don't get way more movement of people from the North to the South to go live in the sunshine.
    Good question, residents out west typically just enjoy that terrain. Not that many jobs, but open area, hunting and fishing is the trade off to having a mediocre income at best. The east coast up north are snotty and terrible drivers. I'm fairly certain they are not compatible with southern states. A lot of Cali residents moved to Vegas and Texas. NY residents went to Florida. That seems to be the rumor. Post the covid PLANdemic people want to live in conservative states that do not believe in big brother Government. To the best of my understanding the only reason why people are sticking around in Illinois is either they have a house / business / career & or family in Illinois.

But going down south isn't that easy. Vegas locals are pissed off about the Cali surge. Now its too many people after a job. Texas locals don't want a bunch of dumb liberals from California and same as Florida not wanting dumb liberals from NY. To answer your question there is a lot of people moving. I do believe Texas Governor is trying to get as much business from NY to move to Texas to support growth. Goldman Sacks is going to Florida and I'm sure your aware Elon Musk moved Tesla to Austin, TX.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    If I ever go live in America. . . I think it's unlikely. . . but I'll be on the coast. Louisiana might suit me. I could travel by road to rodeos at certain times of the year. First I would have to make sure I'm in good standing with the Feds though -- last year *admin* ratted me out when I landed in La Guardia airport in NY, and I got deported back to Europe. I had my route planned out across America as well:

Surprised all Americans don't go down South-america_on_the_run.jpg

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Actually, we are having people move to the South and Midwest . Housing prices in Cali are pushing many people to move to Texas.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Same here in Arizona. It turned blue last election, first I’ve seen. Thank god for our governor, he’s a republican and all the major cities have lib tard female mayors that wanted to lock us down again. Plus the influx of folks from California will probably vote in a dem governor next election. I never really followed politics but this last year has made me pick a side and I voted for the first time. I think Biden is in early stages of dementia, the guy is painful to watch. Harris is worse. I’m hoping Desantis from Florida runs on the next ticket.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Actually, we are having people move to the South and Midwest . Housing prices in Cali are pushing many people to move to Texas.
    I think it’s a bit more than that AG. However, I agree, the housing prices out here are insane and come retirement if you don’t have any reason to stay, it makes perfect sense to move. At least in Los Angeles, there’s a lot of down sides that would make someone want to move elsewhere. We consistently toy with the idea ourselves.

Our friends that moved to Idaho, actually their neighbors requested that they not recommend their town to their friends (I get it, I do).

Thought this was funny.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surprised all Americans don't go down South-778412ea-dde8-4c79-ac6c-5aa90dafef3b.jpeg  
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Yeah, in California, the housing prices, cost of food, gas, taxes, etc. is driving people out of the state. The lower corporate taxes and regulations are getting corporations to move to AZ or TX (if not overseas).

Southern California has (in my opinion) the best weather on earth and year-round climate. It's rarely ever cold (and people in the midwest will laugh at what I consider cold), the summers are hot, but it's dry heat. No mosquitoes. And if you live next to the coast, you get that year-round sea breeze that cools you down in the summer and warms you in the winter.
    almostgone and wango like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I think it’s a bit more than that AG. However, I agree, the housing prices out here are insane and come retirement if you don’t have any reason to stay, it makes perfect sense to move. At least in Los Angeles, there’s a lot of down sides that would make someone want to move elsewhere. We consistently toy with the idea ourselves.

Our friends that moved to Idaho, actually their neighbors requested that they not recommend their town to their friends (I get it, I do).

Thought this was funny.
    I agree there are other factors driving the exodus, I was steering clear of the other motivations to move in an effort to not turn this thread into a political debacle.
    wango likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I agree there are other factors driving the exodus, I was steering clear of the other motivations to move in an effort to not turn this thread into a political debacle.
    Hear ya. Frankly, if I was living elsewhere and a bunch of folks from So Cal moved there, I wouldn’t care for it one bit.

Just like anywhere though, we have the good with the bad. I’d like to think that if the wife & I would move into your neck of the woods, initially it would be a wtf, get the hell out type of moment. But, after a while, maybe we wouldn’t seem quite so bad.
    almostgone likes this.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Hell, let's just tell the truth.

California, New York, Massachusetts, etc.

Liberals sh!t in thier own beds and made those places what they're becoming.

Any of them that have the means to leave, aren't going to stick around to find out how thier "wise" and "woke" decisions will, turn out.

They don't have the testicular fortitude. If they did, they wouldn't be liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    Hell, let's just tell the truth.

California, New York, Massachusetts, etc.

Liberals sh!t in thier own beds and made those places what they're becoming.

Any of them that have the means to leave, aren't going to stick around to find out how thier "wise" and "woke" decisions will, turn out.

They don't have the testicular fortitude. If they did, they wouldn't be liberals.
    Agree and disagree. Just don’t care to generalize people by where they live. There’s good and bad folks everywhere. I’d hate to think that you would disagree with that.
    almostgone likes this.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Agree and disagree. Just don’t care to generalize people by where they live. There’s good and bad folks everywhere. I’d hate to think that you would disagree with that.
    I don't disagree with that at all bro.

But a few bad apples always spoiled the bunch.

I knew southern California in the 80s . When it was the envy of America . I went to elementary school in Stockton California before moving to a mining camp in Northern Nevada.

Those places are gone now. Liberals destroyed them.

Now they want to destroy the place I live now.

Enough is enough
    wango and warchild like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post
    I don't disagree with that at all bro.

But a few bad apples always spoiled the bunch.

I knew southern California in the 80s . When it was the envy of America . I went to elementary school in Stockton California before moving to a mining camp in Northern Nevada.

Those places are gone now. Liberals destroyed them.

Now they want to destroy the place I live now.

Enough is enough
    Totally agree about how a few bad apples can mess it all up.

Like I said earlier, if I lived elsewhere and some douche bag Los Angeles couple moved in my neighborhood and refused to let go of their old habits or traits. I’d be all for “persuading” them to move the hell out.

I’m content that in my tiny environment of work and my neighborhood, that I feel there are far more decent people than scum - bags. Trying to weigh anything else outside of that little sphere; I find that exhausting and it pisses me off too much.

Hear ya. Frankly, if I was living elsewhere and a bunch of folks from So Cal moved there, I wouldn’t care for it one bit.

Just like anywhere though, we have the good with the bad. I’d like to think that if the wife & I would move into your neck of the woods, initially it would be a wtf, get the hell out type of moment. But, after a while, maybe we wouldn’t seem quite so bad.

Honestly, you probably wouldn't hear a peep out of anyone out in my area unless you needed a hand or had a question. Yes, most folks are Republicans, but like me most are a hybrid and have a large Libertarian streak. As long as you aren't telling others how to live or mistreating your family, you would get little to no backlash.

Most folks keep to themselves unless they need a hand or someone hears that so and so is in the hospital or had a death in the family and then people will drop off food or cut the family's grass or take care of their livestock, keep an eye on their property for them, etc. Doesn't matter if they're white, Native American, black, or multi-ethnic. I'm being totally straight up when I say as long as your respect others, you get respect. I honestly have neighbors of each ethnicity I mentioned above. I will say my Native American neighbors ( full Cherokee) are some of the most interesting, hospitable, caring, empathetic, and genuine people you would ever meet. By neighbors, I don't mean most neighbors are next door. A neighbor can be a few miles up the road, they may be just 1100 meters up the road, or their land may adjoin yours.

If you want to say.....sit outside and drink wine and eat cheese around your firepit, more power to you. Neighbors may fire up a joint and sit on their porch and talk about nature or school their grandchildren on different animals, herbs, etc., or they may be tinkering on something.

Despite how the South is depicted, rural South is very different from the stereotype of Bubba drinking a 12 pack, beating his wife, and worshipping Nascar.

However, we have a low tolerance for domestic violence, crackheads, meth heads, thieves, and those that treat the elderly or handicapped poorly.

Side note, in case you ever get confused about who is a crackhead and who is a meth head, a meth head will steal your shit and come back to help you look for it. A crack head will steal your shit and bounce.

The only other caveat would be contact someone before you wander on their property. It's kind of a courtesy down here.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-05-2021 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Mas errores tipográficos
    wango, Ernst and Cylon357 like this.

Honestly, you probably wouldn't hear a peep out of anyone out in my area unless you needed a hand or had a question. Yes, most folks are Republicans, but like me most are a hybrid and have a large Libertarian streak. As long as you aren't telling others how to live or mistreating your family, you would get little to no backlash.

Most folks keep to themselves unless they need a hand or someone hears that so and so is in the hospital or had a death in the family and then people will drop off food or cut the family's grass or take care of their livestock, keep an eye on their property for them, etc. Doesn't matter big their white, Native American, black, or multi-ethnic. I'm being totally straight up when I say as long as your respect others you get respect. I honestly have neighbors of each ethnicity bI mentioned above. I will say my Native American neighbors ( full Cherokee) are some of the most interesting, hospitable, caring, empathetic, and genuine people you would ever meet.

If you want to say.....sit outside and drink wine and eat cheese around your firepit, more power to you. They may fire up a joint and sit on their porch and talk about nature or school their grandchildren on different animals, herbs, etc.

Despite how the South is depicted, rural South is very different from the stereotype of Bubba drinking a 12 pack, beating his wife and worshipping Nascar.

However, we have a low tolerance for domestic violence, crackheads, meth heads, and thieves.

Side note, in case you ever get confused about who is a crackhead and who is a meth head, a meth head will steal your sit and come back to help you look for it. A crack head will steal your shit and bounce.

The only other caveat would be contact someone before you wander on their property. It's kind of a courtesy down here.
    TY for that post. The wife & I are like how you described. You treat a person for who they are and what they do.

In our little neighborhood folks sit out in their driveway and talk for hours. If you are out of town, we watch for each other’s homes and take care of their place. You drive or walk around the neighborhood, people wave and say hello.

Thanks for the run down on crack heads vs. meth heads.

We have a back porch. Wouldn’t mind a fire pit though. We do drink wine, but will vape as well (more and more, lol) and just talk about life. Our cat has to be with us so he has a huge tent, lol.

Wish you and Mrs. AG well!
    almostgone likes this.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I hate having to go work in Liberal states. People are just different than they are down south. The migration from Cali to Texas is starting to show with places like Austin. Sad they have to put up billboards telling them not to vote the way they did in California. They leave a state and want to bring their stupid ideas that made them leave the other state with them.
    warchild and Ernst like this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    To be fair there's also a lot of conservative Californians feeling outward.

The politics, taxes, and regulation here are beyond stupid-- not to mention a lot of the people.
    Honkey_Kong and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Same here in Arizona. It turned blue last election, first I’ve seen. Thank god for our governor, he’s a republican and all the major cities have lib tard female mayors that wanted to lock us down again. Plus the influx of folks from California will probably vote in a dem governor next election. I never really followed politics but this last year has made me pick a side and I voted for the first time. I think Biden is in early stages of dementia, the guy is painful to watch. Harris is worse. I’m hoping Desantis from Florida runs on the next ticket.
    Desantis is definitely edging himself in stone with American History. People easily forget history. When times are like this it's so easy to be a hero, but few have balls to let them swing it in the air like a genuine gangster. I know I kinda perpetuated that illustration, but this Florida Gov is taking advantage of a situation that'll put in in the books of our history's nation. Assuming we don't all die off from the Gates vaccine - 100 years from now these are the times we currently look back at Hitler.

Sorry I ranted on my soap box. How's the ballot recount in that county? Marricouna I think it's called? Last I heard Biden's DOJ is getting involved
    warchild and bethdoth like this.

Maricopa. I haven't heard or seen much but ill let you know if anything comes of it. Speaking of Hitler, if you guys know anything about the Nazi brown shirts, well, there is a lot of similarities between them and Antifa and blm.

Back to reality...

I live up north and I know of plenty of people who have moved south or who are planning on moving south.

The vast majority of the people move south because of the cheaper cost of living.
    In my town you'd be hard pressed to find a stand alone house for less than $400,000. Townhouses go for $500,000.
    You can buy a house for half of that down south.

Other people, mainly older, move down south for the warmer weather.

To date I do not know a single person who has moved due to political reasons.
    I am not saying they don't exist... I've just never heard of anyone doing it.

Side note: It is very common for policemen and teachers and firemen to move down south after their retirement.
    They get to keep their northern pension wages and relocate to a cheaper area.
    wango and DuckTheViking like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Back to reality...

I live up north and I know of plenty of people who have moved south or who are planning on moving south.

The vast majority of the people move south because of the cheaper cost of living.
    In my town you'd be hard pressed to find a stand alone house for less than $400,000. Townhouses go for $500,000.

Side note: It is very common for policemen and teachers and firemen to move down south after their retirement.
    Have had more than a few of our teachers relocate in Oregon or Washington after retirement.

I always feel it’s odd when someone moves to a place and then complains about it. Just leave ffs.

Maricopa. I haven't heard or seen much but ill let you know if anything comes of it. Speaking of Hitler, if you guys know anything about the Nazi brown shirts, well, there is a lot of similarities between them and Antifa and blm.
    Actually the silver shirts from the 20’s and 30’s are more similar to the brown shits. Hitler/Nazi sympathizers that had a pretty decent presence out here. Hell, one ran for president against FDR (Pelly).

Now back to the topic of this post.

[QUOTE=wango;7549764]Actually the silver shirts from the 20’s and 30’s are more similar to the brown shits. Hitler/Nazi sympathizers that had a pretty decent presence out here. Hell, one ran for president against FDR (Pelly).

Interesting. I’m a big WW2 history buff so I’ll research them. Thanks for that info. I actually never even heard of the silver shirts.
    wango likes this.

Back to reality...

My buddy Aaron Reed actually left California and moved to Florida strictly because the politics and gov newsom. Look him up worlds tallest body builder and a great standup guy.

[QUOTE=warchild;7549775]
    Actually the silver shirts from the 20’s and 30’s are more similar to the brown shits. Hitler/Nazi sympathizers that had a pretty decent presence out here. Hell, one ran for president against FDR (Pelly).

Interesting. I’m a big WW2 history buff so I’ll research them. Thanks for that info. I actually never even heard of the silver shirts.
    Sorry to the OP for the detour.

I’m a huge Hitler/Nazi buff. “Hitler In Los Angeles”is a great book. Their presence in the country was surprisingly larger than one might expect. They held a massive rally in Madison Square Garden & we actually had a Nazi youth camp in Los Angeles. The silver shirts made their way into the Los Angeles Police & The National Guard as well. Interesting times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Surprised all Americans don't go down South-1fa3b93d-049b-4e97-b269-e89622eb701e.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 05-06-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    warchild and XnavyHMCS like this.

I’ll look into that too Tnx again!
    wango likes this.

Neighbors may fire up a joint and sit on their porch and talk about nature or school their grandchildren on different animals, herbs, etc., or they may be tinkering on something.

Despite how the South is depicted, rural South is very different from the stereotype of Bubba drinking a 12 pack, beating his wife, and worshipping Nascar.
    Just bringing FK’s thread back on point. AG, I love this movie and this scene. It’s not intended to offend, just to maybe put a smile on everyone’s face (I hope).

Last edited by wango; 05-06-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    bethdoth likes this.

I started a thread about Q. I would love to help ppl understand it better. Attached is a Q post. Yes Antifa & BLM is right out of Hitlers playbook. I think Hilter even used a virus to destroy a few businesses but that is not well documented to prove. He certainly used riots and demoralized police.

Future proves past.

Surprised all Americans don't go down South-5ddb05f5-aa37-47c5-86e1-3c9ddca8048d.jpeg
    warchild likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
    I started a thread about Q. I would love to help ppl understand it better. Attached is a Q post. Yes Antifa & BLM is right out of Hitlers playbook. I think Hilter even used a virus to destroy a few businesses but that is not well documented to prove. He certainly used riots and demoralized police.

Future proves past.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5DDB05F5-AA37-47C5-86E1-3C9DDCA8048D.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	336.0 KB 
ID:	181026
    I have seen that article, same with the gun confiscation program. What’s interesting about the defund the police movement, which should actually be called what it really is…abolish the police from within. A few cops I
    Know have left the city police dept here and lateraled to the suburbs dept because the support from leadership and politicians here. Now the city dept is scrambling to hire being understaffed by over 300 officers which now they will prbly lower the standards which will add worse cops. Additional the city PD won’t respond anymore to a variety of 911 calls.
    flyinlow likes this.

I have seen that article, same with the gun confiscation program. What’s interesting about the defund the police movement, which should actually be called what it really is…abolish the police from within. A few cops I
    Know have left the city police dept here and lateraled to the suburbs dept because the support from leadership and politicians here. Now the city dept is scrambling to hire being understaffed by over 300 officers which now they will prbly lower the standards which will add worse cops. Additional the city PD won’t respond anymore to a variety of 911 calls.
    Right, I have conceal carry insurance for a reason. Lately over the past year I'm seriously considering that USA just needs to split. A second civil war isn't feasible. Texas can bring the states with them to separate from the union. Also Texas has the right to build nuclear power. (so I've been told) Otherwise I don't see any remedy to this division. WW3 definitely will be a fight over class warfare.
    warchild and Ernst like this.

I think we both know what part of the country would succeed and what part would be overrun with crime and murders….
    flyinlow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
    Right, I have conceal carry insurance for a reason. Lately over the past year I'm seriously considering that USA just needs to split. A second civil war isn't feasible. Texas can bring the states with them to separate from the union. Also Texas has the right to build nuclear power. (so I've been told) Otherwise I don't see any remedy to this division. WW3 definitely will be a fight over class warfare.
    Do you seriously think that is in the best interests of America?

People are already worried that China is going to overrun the world economy.
    Splitting America in two would make China the world's superpower.

I am sure Russia and China and many other of our adversaries would love if y'all split us in two.

You lost an election.
    Learn how to cope.
    wango, almostgone and ghettoboyd like this.

I am sure Russia and China and many other of our adversaries would love if y'all split us in two.

You lost an election.
    Learn how to cope.
    Totally agree with you DD. This divisive stuff, though great for allowing/ promoting the right to express one’s opinions just seems to be escalating to where it is really getting disruptive and unhealthy for our country. If you could get ahold of that book of which I won’t mention, you will be shocked (and your eyebrows will raise every time nuclear energy is pushed for).

You thinking of moving after retirement? Although I don’t see it happening for the wife and I, from a financial perspective it’s very tempting.

I think we both know what part of the country would succeed and what part would be overrun with crime and murders….
    Enjoyed our posts up there. I’m into hardcore and grindcore music. Is the thrash zone a reference to that? I’m NOT trying to be a smart ass and thinking any other thing.
    warchild likes this.

Enjoyed our posts up there. I’m into hardcore and grindcore music. Is the thrash zone a reference to that? I’m NOT trying to be a smart ass and thinking any other thing.
    The band DRI.
    wango likes this.

]
    The band DRI.
    Hell yeah! Old school 80’s hardcore, nice choice. You should post on the Heavy Metal thread sometimes!

Last edited by wango; 05-07-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    warchild likes this.

No, but it beats anything even remotely resembling a civil war. Politics in this country have become increasingly divided, without either side willing to compromise. That will not lead anywhere pretty.

Very possibly, yes. Unless some other countries step up, which I don't see happening.
    Russia, for better or (mostly) worse, is the only other heavy hitter with balls.

Yeah, they would. They also loved watching us burn our own cities.

You lost an election.
    Learn how to cope.

You could say the same to the folks out here in Cali who talk about leaving whenever things don't go their way. With Trump in office resistance and even outright seccession, was commonly discussed in the public sphere. If he had won reelection? Who knows. I think we could have at least safely gambled our life savings on leftist mobs burning more shyt.
    Replies in bold.

#1: Do you seriously think that is in the best interests of America?

No, but it beats anything even remotely resembling a civil war. Politics in this country have become increasingly divided, without either side willing to compromise. That will not lead anywhere pretty. - Ernst

Civil war is absurd and splitting in two is better than civil war but...
    Either one ends America.
    I find it disturbing that people think that America does not have the fortitude to overcome our present situation.
    For fuck's sake... we reunited after the civil war.

#2: People are already worried that China is going to overrun the world economy.

Very possibly, yes. Unless some other countries step up, which I don't see happening.
    Russia, for better or (mostly) worse, is the only other heavy hitter with balls. - Ernst

Again the only hope is for America is to stay united.

#3: I am sure Russia and China and many other of our adversaries would love if y'all split us in two.

Yeah, they would. They also loved watching us burn our own cities. - Ernst

Save the rhetoric.
    Comparing criminals rioting to America breaking in two is absurd.
    Sure Russia liked seeing the riots.
    But Putin would have about 30 orgasms a day if we split.

Fuck... I am sure he had two or three orgasms watching the Capitol riot but you obviously didn't mention that.
    (Although I am also sure he went limp after Trump lost... Let's not kid ourselves for whom Putin was rooting.)

#4: You lost an election.
    Learn how to cope.

You could say the same to the folks out here in Cali who talk about leaving whenever things don't go their way. With Trump in office resistance and even outright seccession, was commonly discussed in the public sphere. If he had won reelection? Who knows. I think we could have at least safely gambled our life savings on leftist mobs burning more shyt. - Ernst

Once again... comparing one state debating seceding to the entire country splitting in two is comparing a mountain to a mole hill.
    (Not to mention that Texas has been talking about seceding for a long while now... So don't make it out to be just a leftist ideology.)

And again with the riots...
    You have the far-right outright trying to overthrow our democracy at the Capitol.
    You have people calling for the end of America. (flyinlow)
    You have militias attempting kidnappings and trying to start civil war.

So yeah...
    The left has problems...
    But so does the right.

Do you seriously think that America should break in two?
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 05-07-2021 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Replies in bold.
    Ernst, I just haven’t seen that down here in Los Angeles. For political reasons, I just see relocation to other areas better suited to their tastes.

Not doubting what you are saying however.

Civil war is absurd and splitting in two is better than civil war but...
    Either one ends America.
    I find it disturbing that people think that America does not have the fortitude to overcome our present situation.
    For fuck's sake... we reunited after the civil war.

Yeah, we did. And the South never forgot LOL.

Most likely, yes.

Again the only hope is for America is to stay united.

For America to remain the superpower we are now? Yes. I think there would still be hope to be found in a divided America as well. Hope is one of the better traits of humanity.

Save the rhetoric.
    Comparing criminals rioting to America breaking in two is absurd.
    Sure Russia liked seeing the riots.
    But Putin would have about 30 orgasms a day if we split.

Fuck... I am sure he had two or three orgasms watching the Capitol riot but you obviously didn't mention that.
    (Although I am also sure he went limp after Trump lost... Let's not kid ourselves for whom Putin was rooting.)

Putin is smart. He's playing the long game. A Trump presidency was an absolute detriment to this country and our world standing. He knew that.

On the other hand, the Chinese wanted Biden to win because they wanted to go back to business as normal-- where no one checked them.

Once again... comparing one state debating seceding to the entire country splitting in two is comparing a mountain to a mole hill.

You think if Cali left that OR and WA wouldn't follow? I think it's probable. And besides, Cali itself a huge portion of the trade and economic wealth of the US, not to mention our population.

And again with the riots...
    You have the far-right outright trying to overthrow our democracy at the Capitol.
    You have people calling for the end of America. (flyinlow)
    You have militias attempting kidnappings and trying to start civil war.

So yeah...
    The left has problems...
    But so does the right.

Acknowledged. I often say it's the crazies on the fringes who make the most noise. Most Dems and most Repubs looked upon all of that with scorn. Do I truly believe a few hundred Trumpers would have overthrown democracy? Hardly. I have a little more faith than that.

Do you seriously think that America should break in two?

I think it's inevitable unless people are willing to work together. We have more in common than we have differences.
    Again, replies in bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information