Gmill13 is offline Associate Member

Now how does this work? & what would you do?

Ok, Filling up the SUV at the gas station last night (daily ritual) & a minnie van pulls up to me and a very pretty young lady steps out saying "policia policia" So I realize she doesnt speak English but I recognize what Policia means so I think she is in trouble. Turns out she was just looking for her friends apartment that was across from the police station. She handed me a cell phone and someone on the other end speaking in broken English explained that she was just lookinfg for the apartment building across from the police station. This was on my way home so I had her follow me to the apt complex. I got out to speak my piece and say goodbye and she wanted me to wait a second. So I waited and she asked for my telephone number. Then she called it right in front of me which was weird then I said "no cellular, me casa" She understood that and hung up right away, It was like 2:30 am. so her friend comes out and speaks to her then turns to me and says that she was thankful for helping her friend and that her friend couldnt believe how nice I was and really liked me. She just moved to the US from Columbia and she was 22. But she does not speak a word of English. Now I am single and she is very sweet and thankful and basically smoking hot. The catch is what the hell do I do about the language barrior thing. How do I talk to her on the phone, make plans to meet, have any sort of relationship? Her name was Marcella and she was seriouslly beautiful and she gave me a kiss on the cheek when I left. She had that awesome sweet shy girl thing going on. What the hell do I do? Would a good date be a spanish speaking resteraunt or something of latin culture (maybe she will be more comfortable) or what? wow this turned into a book , sorry guys but what would you do??

ColdSore is offline Banned
    sounds like your gonna have to bring her friend along if you want conversation....

nj juice is offline Member
    All you have to tell her is "chupa" - that should about cover it and you'll like the results.

Chupa huh? you sure that wont get me a smack?
    haha. Yeah Maybe I will hire a translater. Shes cute as hell man and i just had a 15 minute conversation on the phone with her that went nowhere but yet I got a good vibe and her friend was there and said she wants to hang out. This is gonna be one for the books.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Love is the international language. I believe the proper term is "Chupa me penga," but save that for the second date, unless it is going really well.

you know I met a portuegese speaking girl from Brasil and that sounds dangerously close to "suck my dick" or something like that. Dont sabotage a bro man come on.

100571 is offline Associate Member
    I'm not usre what to tell you bro. If she is goign to make an attempt to live in the US, then she will probably pick up English prety quickly... at least enough to communicate on a basic level. You shoudl make an effore to learn a little Spanish. She will be impressed with that. And you could be sweet and help her with her English. Honestly, if she is really into you, the language barrier will not matter. Also, isntead of talking on the phone, try to hang out in person when at all posible. You would be supprised how much non-verbal communication can get a message across. Good luck!

Exactamundo my friend. I was not being serious, and I thought it was apparent.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Get 2 spanish/english dictionaries and teach each other your languages.

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Hercules--He doesn't want to scare her!

Don't try talking on the phone. 100571 is right, you can get a lot of talking done the non-verbal way. Go get a Spanish/English dictionary and use the help of her friend. If you really start to care for her, Spanish is really easy to learn! Good Luck!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Probly tried the number so she knew you didnt try and play her (wich means she does like you!).
    Both Spanish and English are easy languages, have fun learning

sig, I knew you wernt being serious i was playing too. Im hanging out with her tonight. I have a feeling in person will be better. This will be an interesting night. I cant wait.

Thanks for the replies guys, This will be an adventure.

Good luck tonight bro. It sounds like you have every man's dream woman; beautiful and she doesn't talk. Just joking ladies.

HAHA she needs to know how to cook also, Good thing latin foods a fav of mine. Just kidding.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    just whip out your dong...its universal message transcends all boundaries...=)

-- cb

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    If she is that hot offer to teach her English and tell her you want her to teach you Spanish. Do all of your lessons in date like places. It could be as simple as going for a walk and pointing things out telling her the English word and she can tell you Spanish. Have fun with it.

I hear that Carlos. I would love to learn a new Language, im always jealous when others i know bust one out. I got like 5 friends who speak fluent Italian. Hey maybe I can take her to the mexican Vets and have her do the negotiating for me. just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmill13
    I hear that Carlos. I would love to learn a new Language, im always jealous when others i know bust one out. I got like 5 friends who speak fluent Italian. Hey maybe I can take her to the mexican Vets and have her do the negotiating for me. just kidding.
    Leave that for after you get to know her. I don't think that would go over well as a first date.

Ok cool, Went out last night with her. It was great and refreshing. Conversation was a bit tough at times but we did aalright. IT was totally refreshing to go out with a girl who is not your typical brittany spears type and is kind of like the classy girl next door type (providing you live in Columbia). She was sweet as hell and I got a kiss goodnight. Not one thing trampy about her. I felt like it was the 50's she was very lady like and polite unlike most of the girls I have dated.

I get to see her tonight! SICK!

Gmill13

Quote Originally Posted by Gmill13
    Ok cool, Went out last night with her. It was great and refreshing. Conversation was a bit tough at times but we did aalright. IT was totally refreshing to go out with a girl who is not your typical brittany spears type and is kind of like the classy girl next door type (providing you live in Columbia). She was sweet as hell and I got a kiss goodnight. Not one thing trampy about her. I felt like it was the 50's she was very lady like and polite unlike most of the girls I have dated.

I get to see her tonight! SICK!

Gmill13
    Congrats!

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Just remember if things get serious you may end up going to Columbia....not a place I would like to visit right now. But that's cool I wish I could move away from the typical American chicks. Seems like a nice girl to be with.

peam is offline Suspended
    awwwww this sounds like fun.... keep us updated!

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    oh spanish is a very easy language there are so many cognates that you can leanr fairly quickly. I find it best to speak it to yourself and try to think using it once you become better it really helps especially on los examines finalmentes.

ichiban is offline Female Member
    I am so glad it went so well! She sounds like a keeper!

I wish I could move away from the typical American chicks.Posted by Catamount - Today at 02:58 PM
    Typical American chick?

IT was totally refreshing to go out with a girl who is not your typical brittany spears type and is kind of like the classy girl next door type (providing you live in Columbia). She was sweet as hell and I got a kiss goodnight. Not one thing trampy about her. I felt like it was the 50's she was very lady like and polite unlike most of the girls I have dated. Posted by Gmill13 - Today at 02:51 PM
    You have no idea how nice it is to heaer that guys like you still exis!! It seems like these days guys don't care for nice girls with class and etiquette.

I love it ! I just called my sister and shes bringing me her spanish dictionaries and such tonight from college. Yeah i heard something about Columbia not being a nice place right now, something to with land. I can say this much though I havnt been giddy and excited about a prospective girl since middle school. She was Shy and so am I which is good too. I love the shy girls. Thanks for listening everyone!

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Bro I'm so jealous right now !

Sounds like a classy lady !

Best of luck m8 !

TANK

Thread Information