Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Weird Coincidence

wango is offline Anabolic Member

Weird Coincidence

No accusations made here, they just each happened at the same time.

Was alerted that my password here was compromised. Also suddenly have to cancel a credit card due to multiple fraudulent purchases.

Both changed and life goes on.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    No accusations made here, they just each happened at the same time.

Was alerted that my password here was compromised. Also suddenly have to cancel a credit card due to multiple fraudulent purchases.

Both changed and life goes on.
    Odd. How do connect? Wi-Fi? Cable? DSL?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Odd. How do connect? Wi-Fi? Cable? DSL?
    LMAO, not really sure. Yup, that technologically challenged. If I simply remember one of my dozens of passwords, that is a win for me that day.

Really no big deal, we have to change our credit card 1 - 2x per year because of fraud. Whoever it was made stupid purchases this time though, made me laugh.

Just thought I’d throw it out there due to them occurring at the same time.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I'm not saying this is what happened, but if you are on a site that got hacked and their user data was intercepted, when Chrome finds out about it, they'll give you a "password is compromised" message
    Test Monsterone and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I'm not saying this is what happened, but if you are on a site that got hacked and their user data was intercepted, when Chrome finds out about it, they'll give you a "password is compromised" message
    TY. Would or should it pop up though with other places that I visit using chrome?

Again, just wanted to post this as a heads-up, as it was only my password here that was compromised. The credit card charges are nothing, we’ve had fraudulent charges in the thousands before, this was minimal & no damage done.

Thanks again HK.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    TY. Would or should it pop up though with other places that I visit using chrome?

Again, just wanted to post this as a heads-up, as it was only my password here that was compromised. The credit card charges are nothing, we’ve had fraudulent charges in the thousands before, this was minimal & no damage done.

Thanks again HK.
    Well what they do is they use your username and password. Then they'll go on other sites and try to use those and see which ones work. Sometimes these data breaches involve credit card info, but sites are getting better at encrypting and protecting that data. I've heard of cases where these breaches get enough of your personal info that they can use it to open lines of credit in your name and do major identity theft.

So it's best to use different passwords on every site.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 05-08-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    Test Monsterone and wango like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Chrome tells me that 65 of my saved passwords were compromised in a data breach. I have a few hundred in all but I have to change those at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Chrome tells me that 65 of my saved passwords were compromised in a data breach. I have a few hundred in all but I have to change those at some point.
    Yikes. Sorry to hear.

Holy smokes, 65. I’m not quite there, but all the damn different passwords is a pain in the ass.

I picked such a goofy password for here, whoever is trying to use it must have got a good laugh.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Shitty

I don’t even know the password to here - I use a completely different one than any other place. I have to contact admin every time I forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    You may have had your entire device compromised. So,every password on it (phone, laptop, whatever) could have been impacted.
    I appreciate that Cylon. Well, nothing else has happened so that’s good news.

The cat has been acting a little strange and we’ve noticed Amazon purchases sent to him; we have our suspicions.

In all seriousness though, TY.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information