• 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By diesel101
  • 2 Post By BG
  • 1 Post By Fiskevatten
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Tips to increase confidence during/ after Covid?

Fiskevatten is offline Member

Tips to increase confidence during/ after Covid?

Aloha!

Sun is hitting many of us in the Western world and more are getting vaccinated and restrictions are easing up, time to get frisky!

What are the best advices you have to increase confidence these times? No matter if you seek to hit on the opposite sex, get that new job, maybe quit your job, new friends, new business and so on...
    Whatever we may want, we need to feel sexy, strong, intelligent, socially impressive and all in between.

I can tell from my perspective that I have lost A LOT of confidence, especially when it comes to appreciate what I have, believe what I've built will stay, and flirting.
    All compliments or reassurance I get just bounce back, I can't keep them inside these days and I need to work on myself.
    So I was thinking we could share what we do to get back on that horse or take the bull by the horns without knowing how dangerous that bull is.

I have started to try something called Metacognitive Therapy, changed my clothing style to try something entirely new, and bought a guitar to learn something new.
    Still too early and progress is slow.
    I believe the best path would be to just force myself to talk to a 100 people about a 100 different things, even if they make no sense.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Learn to cook. I fell in love with making various soups over the last year. It’s therapeutic and results in delicious food. It will give you something to talk about and you will learn a new skill. My girl and I love to cook together over some wine and music.
    almostgone and BG like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Kind of a tough question

It’s all about how you are -

Me - after the last 11 months? It’s no holds barred

If it’s within my physical ability of reach - I’ll get it, one way or another

And, I’m much more pleasant about it - before, I’d just step on who’s ever head to get ahead

I help people around me, a lot - this is definitely a new thing for me. So far, it has really paid off - I pretty much stick to the motto of “why chase, when you can attract”

+ I have a zero tolerance for bull shit - anyone wants to give me shit, is gone & cut out of my life - since my last 11 month adventure, I have cut my circle around me, I’d say by about 70% & I have never felt better

This whole near death thing, really does put life in perspective
    almostgone and lovbyts like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Learn to cook. I fell in love with making various soups over the last year. It’s therapeutic and results in delicious food. It will give you something to talk about and you will learn a new skill. My girl and I love to cook together over some wine and music.

He said cook < LoL

It is true, it’s quite therapeutic

But, my 95% of my diet is so bland - I don’t wanna make the wife suffer. . . I take down 15 egg whites at a time < that’s torture to most. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Kind of a tough question

It’s all about how you are -

Me - after the last 11 months? It’s no holds barred

If it’s within my physical ability of reach - I’ll get it, one way or another

And, I’m much more pleasant about it - before, I’d just step on who’s ever head to get ahead

I help people around me, a lot - this is definitely a new thing for me. So far, it has really paid off - I pretty much stick to the motto of “why chase, when you can attract”

+ I have a zero tolerance for bull shit - anyone wants to give me shit, is gone & cut out of my life - since my last 11 month adventure, I have cut my circle around me, I’d say by about 70% & I have never felt better

This whole near death thing, really does put life in perspective
    This I love! I've done donations and support during these times as well, feels amazing! Since I have the luxury with my company to employ world-wide, I managed to get a lot of people hired, donated money so that some employees
    could personally buy and with friends hand out school supplies, food, sanitary products.
    Heck, call me pussy whipped, but have even kept my X alive since she and her family lost their jobs in this mess.
    As well as my own family and a few friends.

Don't really mind it and it's something that has grown on me now when I can, just gotta be careful the right person receive and not the leeches, but so far I'm lucky.

Cooking sounds amazing, definately something I need to get better at!

Changed my gym routine to more acrobatic stuff like hand stands and dancing, truly suck at it, but it's a lot of fun seeing progress there!
    wango and < <Samson> > like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Great job with donating & helping others Fiske, very generous! It sounds like you made some solid steps to reverse the post Covid blues!
    Fiskevatten and < <Samson> > like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    the last year has definitely been a change for me with the divorce and the covid BS going on even though it really didn't affect us much out here in the sticks. We had very few restrictions and they only lasted for about a month last year. Self confidence hasn't really been an issue with me the last few years. One thing I have changed is my part time training Job. I have always liked helping people in the gym but this last 8 months I have quit taking the average clients. I am only taking the tougher clients I guess you would call them. My clients are mostly all severely obese people, elderly or clients with physical ailments that affect every day living.
    My clients vary from 500lb men to 68 year old grandmas now.
    I absolutely love training someone and seeing it make a huge difference on their quality of daily living.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Liquid courage.... Alcohol.

Seriously, the best thing you can do to increase confidence is to just be yourself and do what feels natural. And stop giving a shit what other people think.

Money also helps.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    the last year has definitely been a change for me with the divorce and the covid BS going on even though it really didn't affect us much out here in the sticks. We had very few restrictions and they only lasted for about a month last year. Self confidence hasn't really been an issue with me the last few years. One thing I have changed is my part time training Job. I have always liked helping people in the gym but this last 8 months I have quit taking the average clients. I am only taking the tougher clients I guess you would call them. My clients are mostly all severely obese people, elderly or clients with physical ailments that affect every day living.
    I absolutely love training someone and seeing it make a huge difference on their quality of daily living.
    This is amazing, well done! Out of interest since I got one of those clients you speak of a few years back, how did you go around the insecurity of taking responsibility of their health/ possible injuries?
    That scared me to death and made it hard to create programs that could include enough of what I wanted.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I vote for removing the word Covid from the American language.
    < <Samson> > and Honkey_Kong like this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    second that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Liquid courage.... Alcohol.

Seriously, the best thing you can do to increase confidence is to just be yourself and do what feels natural. And stop giving a shit what other people think.

Money also helps.
    Slippery slope on both

I got too much & it took me in a slightly different direction

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    This is amazing, well done! Out of interest since I got one of those clients you speak of a few years back, how did you go around the insecurity of taking responsibility of their health/ possible injuries?
    That scared me to death and made it hard to create programs that could include enough of what I wanted.
    It was a whole new mind set compared to my normal training. Basically it is baby steps, most of the movements we all make we take for granted compared to someone that is 500lbs. I use a lot of free weights and band work with them, what most of us consider taking it easy is an extreme workout for some people.
    As far as injuries I have found you have to read the person to see what is going on with them. Some of them don't want to quit and some of them need to be pushed hard.
    Fiskevatten likes this.

That is one of the coolest things I’ve ever heard and can’t give you enough praise. With that said with all of the aging baby-boomers, geriatric personal trading can be a great market.

Again, monster praise to you!
    diesel101 likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Slippery slope on both

I got too much & it took me in a slightly different direction
    If you've got too much money, I could help some of it off your hands
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    That is one of the coolest things I’ve ever heard and can’t give you enough praise. With that said with all of the aging baby-boomers, geriatric personal trading can be a great market.

Again, monster praise to you!
    I honestly don't do it for the money, its my fun job I call it. If someone is training for a living it is something they should look into with the way people are living now a days. I will admit that it is challenging compared to training the average person.
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Fisk, if they have any cardiovascular issues get that hem to clear it with their doctor & have the doc decide on limitations. Back & neck, particularly if they’ve had surgery or they have radiating pain down their arms and legs, a physical therapist consult prior would give the client boundaries, but use caution.

Other orthopedic issues, not as big an issue - just start them more gently, don’t push them too hard or fast and ask/listen to them if particular movements are aggravating joints and/or tendons.

I honestly don't do it for the money, its my fun job I call it. If someone is training for a living it is something they should look into with the way people are living now a days. I will admit that it is challenging compared to training the average person.
    Admirable! I taught school with a similar mindset, the reward in making a difference is out of this world and is payment in itself. Way to go!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    This is something I need to work on, getting back in shape is number one, number two is bettering my relationship with my wife. If I can get these two things on track I’ll be doing OK, I’m gonna be honest with you guys though it was a lot rougher than I thought, my wife and I went through hard times……… A few times and just work bothering me a lot. I feel bad those that had a much harder than me, I came out of a pretty good, still married, still own my house and my body is on the mend, grateful.
    < <Samson> > and Fiskevatten like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Fisk, if they have any cardiovascular issues get that hem to clear it with their doctor & have the doc decide on limitations. Back & neck, particularly if they’ve had surgery or they have radiating pain down their arms and legs, a physical therapist consult prior would give the client boundaries, but use caution.

Other orthopedic issues, not as big an issue - just start them more gently, don’t push them too hard or fast and ask/listen to them if particular movements are aggravating joints and/or tendons.
    Thank you man! The one I said yes to was an old confident rich guy who had multiple shoulder fractions and no prior experience (which made me expect weak tendons, muscle fibers). I was lucky since he knew what didn't hurt at least,
    so I worked with that and he kinda ignored me in the end doing what he had always done and actually did pretty well. I felt he more wanted someone close rather than actually having a PT.
    But it's fantastic and important knowledge and an amazing feet to help those struggling, hindered, or maybe outright handicapped.
    Most of these people don't have the confidence to begin with, even less so saying "No" to a PT who trains him wrong - which will result in more injury or them not coming back.

I salute the people who take their time to better themselves to better others.
    wango likes this.

I admire the hell out of the older folks, those with disabilities or the obese that have the drive to get in the gym. It’s got to be so frustrating when you look around at the young, perfect bodies and know that you can’t ever come close to that. And if you don’t know what you are doing it can be so intimidating to try to ask someone. I think there is a growing need for personal trainers that specialize in that. I was a personal trainer when I was in my 20’s and the average client just didn’t appeal to me, I got bored and never did it again. You and Diesel might have given me motivation to copy what you are doing, now that I’m retired. Thank you very much!
    Fiskevatten likes this.

Thread Information