Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Wild rabbits at local park -- Disposable Pet

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Wild rabbits at local park -- Disposable Pet

The local park here in my town has wild rabbits running around. I'm thinking I can set up a trap to catch one (without hurting it), and then bring it home to keep as a pet.

If I get bored of it, or get sick of picking up little spherical pieces of poo, I can just bring it back where I got it and release it.

Any ideas for how to make a trap that will catch a rabbit without injuring it?

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Isn’t there an animal shelter out there where people have already abandoned pet rabbits? It seems a shame to take something that is wild and all of the sudden, confine it.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210626_230650.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	378.3 KB 
ID:	181141

This should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

I've found non-toxic hairdye that can be safely used on pets, so I'm thinking I might catch an animal, dye it bright yellow/blue/green/pink and then release it.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    The local park here in my town has wild rabbits running around. I'm thinking I can set up a trap to catch one (without hurting it), and then bring it home to keep as a pet.

If I get bored of it, or get sick of picking up little spherical pieces of poo, I can just bring it back where I got it and release it.

Any ideas for how to make a trap that will catch a rabbit without injuring it?
    The rabbits at the park are not pets. They have diseases and ticks. And they're not "tame." Besides if you put them in captivity, they'll probably die. If you want a pet rabbit, go to an animal shelter or pet store and get one the legal way.
    lovbyts, Cylon357 and almostgone like this.

Name:	20210626_230650.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	378.3 KB 
ID:	181141

This should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

I've found non-toxic hairdye that can be safely used on pets, so I'm thinking I might catch an animal, dye it bright yellow/blue/green/pink and then release it.
    Actually, forget what I said in the last post. You need to go to a psychiatric facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Actually, forget what I said in the last post. You need to go to a psychiatric facility.

Name:	Screenshot_20210627-131806_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	181142

This is the hair dye I will use on the squirrels and rabbits

I think the distinction that some people make between weeds and plants, is very similar to the distinction some people make between 'wild animals' and 'pet animals' (and also 'pest animals').

Just accept that a plant is a plant irrespective of how beautiful you think it is.

And just accept that an animal is an animal irrespective of how friendly and suitable for children you want it to be.

Some pet animals end up attacking their owners. And some animals that were born and grew up in the wild now live out their days in somebody's house.

I might dye the hair of some of the rabbits and then release them. Also I might BBQ some of them. Obviously there's not much point in barbecuing the rabbits whose hair I dye.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i so hope this rabbit bites you in the mother fucking jugular.
    Honkey_Kong and Cuz like this.

I think the distinction that some people make between weeds and plants, is very similar to the distinction some people make between 'wild animals' and 'pet animals' (and also 'pest animals').

Just accept that a plant is a plant irrespective of how beautiful you think it is.

And just accept that an animal is an animal irrespective of how friendly and suitable for children you want it to be.

Some pet animals end up attacking their owners. And some animals that were born and grew up in the wild now live out their days in somebody's house.

I might dye the hair of some of the rabbits and then release them. Also I might BBQ some of them. Obviously there's not much point in barbecuing the rabbits whose hair I dye.
    I hope the game warden arrests you.

Expecting trap to arrive tomorrow. And if it does I'm driving straight out to the park with it.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Fuck it, I’ll bite. Small baby rabbits are easy to catch, I caught a few of them growing up. You can outrun them, and when you get close, throw a heavy jacket over them. I’ve never been bitten by a baby rabbit, but the big ones tend to try to kick you (know from my grandma’s farm, not from catching). I always released them after playing with them (they died

…jk)

Although it would be pretty funny to see a pink or yellow rabbit running around, I would guess their natural camouflage would disappear and they would be a big target for their natural predators. People have done worse things to animals, I’m sure.
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

Expecting trap to arrive tomorrow. And if it does I'm driving straight out to the park with it.
    I wonder what you're going to tell the game warden at the park when he asks you what you're doing and if you have a trapping license (if you can even get one where you live). Poaching and torturing animals are crimes.

I don't know what the penalty is where you live, but in California, you're looking at close to $1000 for hunting without a license and another $800 for illegally using a trap (since you don't have a license for that either). That sounds like a pretty big penalty just to go torture some rabbits and paint them pink.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 06-28-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Although it would be pretty funny to see a pink or yellow rabbit running around
    I actually didn't realise how funny this would be until another person said it. Now I'm definitely doing it.

I wonder what you're going to tell the game warden at the park when he asks you what you're doing and if you have a trapping license (if you can even get one where you live). Poaching and torturing animals are crimes.

I don't know what the penalty is where you live, but in California, you're looking at close to $1000 for hunting without a license and another $800 for illegally using a trap (since you don't have a license for that either). That sounds like a pretty big penalty just to go torture some rabbits and paint them pink.
    I live in Europe where people can't have guns, and where governments and laws are in general a little more sane. I mean don't get me wrong, some really backwards prosecutions take place over here but it isn't on the scale of the mad shit that happens in your part of the world.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had 8 10-12 week old rabbits dropped off at my house today/yesterday. My daughter owns/runs a animal rescue and she was working her other job when someone called and needed give her the rabbits so I was volunteered.

Some of you remember my daughter from a few years back doing some modeling/posing with someone you might remember also.

Name:	RiverJeff122b-WEB.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	181147
    Chark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Although it would be pretty funny to see a pink or yellow rabbit running around, I would guess their natural camouflage would disappear and they would be a big target for their natural predators.
    The rabbits here in Ireland in Europe are dark brown in colour. If they were so keen on not being seen then they'd be shades of green.

Name:	rabbit_trap.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	300.5 KB 
ID:	181154

I set my trap last night, and then about 90mins later I went back to the park and saw a rabbit only about 10 metres from my trap.

So this morning I went back there thinking there was a good chance I'd have a rabbit, but the trap was still open and the vegetables were still there. Some of the vegetables had been nudged forward though, and so if it wasn't just the wind then maybe the rabbit was nudging at the trap from the wrong side. So I turned the trap around 180 degrees so next time he might approach the entrance. In about two hours I'm going back again to see if I have anything.

Still no rabbit so I went up last night and poured apple juice all over the ground near the trap. Knowing my luck I'll get a rat.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Environmental crime in sight
    Cylon357 and wango like this.

When I go to a particular spot in the park, about 7 times out of 10, I'll see a rabbit hopping around there. I had my trap about 10 metres from there for two nights but didn't catch anything.

So yesterday I moved my trap and also put banana and a little chocolate in it. Gonna go check it in about an hour.

you have never lifted a weight in ur life.

tell the truth, you were struggling to hold that cage.
    lovbyts and Cuz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I'm just going to put this right here....

You beat me too it! Run away, run away . . . . .
    Cylon357 likes this.

If I decide to barbequeue this squirrel, how do you think I should kill it? The easiest way would be to drown it but I think some people think that's inhumane/cruel.

There's a decent YouTube video showing how to skin it and prepare it for the grill.

Close enough - maybe if you feed it, it will think you’re his caretaker/friend and will stick around you. What impressed me was that the squirrel wasn’t freaking out when you picked it up. Maybe it already lost it’s energy freaking out earlier.

I caught a chipmunk when I was a kid, in a plastic grocery bag. It was like a rocket in this bag, bouncing off every side until it made a hole and escaped. I spent about a week trying to catch one. I noticed the chipmunks would run up the water spouts on the corners of some buildings, so I followed one, saw it running up the spout, quickly wrapped the bag around the bottom of the spout, and tapped the spout with my fist. I could hear the chipmunk sliding down as I tapped, and eventually it slit into the bag. As I said, I lost it pretty quickly… I really wanted a pet chipmunk. I eventually discovered masturbation.

You actually won't believe this. The grey squirrel is considered an invasive species in the UK, and now that I have caught one, it is illegal for me to release it back into the wild. Furthermore, believe it or not, I am now actually obligated by UK law to kill the squirrel. UK laws says I must kill a grey squirrel if I have it in a trap.

I was actually surprised you caught a grey squirrel because any time I've been in Europe, apart from not seeing many squirrels in general, they were always the reddish/orange color, like this one:

The only place I've seen grey squirrels is in North America.

You actually won't believe this. The grey squirrel is considered an invasive species in the UK, and now that I have caught one, it is illegal for me to release it back into the wild. Furthermore, believe it or not, I am now actually obligated by UK law to kill the squirrel. UK laws says I must kill a grey squirrel if I have it in a trap.
    Well you didn't have a license to trap it in the first place, so that's poaching. releasing the squirrel offsets that offense.
    Cylon357, Mooseman33 and wango like this.

Well you didn't have a license to trap it in the first place, so that's poaching. releasing the squirrel offsets that offense.
    I think if I kill myself, the squirrel can live. There's a loophole in the legal text that says the specimen must be killed -- but I'm also a human specimen.

I think if I kill myself, the squirrel can live. There's a loophole in the legal text that says the specimen must be killed -- but I'm also a human specimen.
    Dude stop being a crazy shitbag and let the poor squirrel go. You didn't hunt him for sport or food. You just did it because you're being a dickhead that wanted to torture an animal.

It would be illegal for me to release the grey squirrel back into the wild in the UK, and so I shan't report that I did so.

For an undisclosed reason, my trap is now empty again, and so I've set it again back in the same place. Hopefully I'll have a rabbit today -- even better if it's young.

this makes the most sense. god speed.

Then wanders into some knucklehead’s trap & is never seen again. Seriously, what are you doing this for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wild rabbits at local park -- Disposable Pet-f76cff20-d659-4581-aedd-8490f715d957.jpeg  
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Then wanders into some knucklehead’s trap & is never seen again. Seriously, what are you doing this for?
    He's not doing to hunt. He's not doing it for food or sport He just wants to torture some poor animals.
    wango and JaneDoe like this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    He's not doing to hunt. He's not doing it for food or sport He just wants to torture some poor animals.

Or to pacify his unwavering need for attention…

I try and try to give you the benefit of the doubt Fluidic, especially after you posted yourself playing those horns and whistles.

Why don’t you stick to more positive attempts at affirmation and leave four legged creatures alone
    Cylon357, Honkey_Kong and Cuz like this.

He has surprised me that he went through with the actual trapping. I really hope it ends there & this becomes a passing interest.
    Honkey_Kong and JaneDoe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    He has surprised me that he went through with the actual trapping. I really hope it ends there & this becomes a passing interest.
    It's like what S&D said. Fluid's need for attention keeps motivating him. To him negative attention is just as good as positive. I just hope somebody sees him doing it and calls the police on him
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 07-08-2021 at 07:14 PM.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    This guy already has the face of a psychopath, his attitude just shows that. A normal person wouldn't run after squirrels to torture.

The plot of every psychopath is this, it starts by doing mean things to animals, then they move on to humans.

You truly are Fluidic freak, I always thought you were a comedian guy wanting attention, but no, you're that guy twenty-four hours a day
    DinAZ and Fluidic Kimbo like this.

I don't know what your imaginations concoct, but I like to know what you all actually think I might do with the animals that I catch?

You all eat meat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but we all have limits, man. The torture, even just implied, of weak innocents crosses my line.
    All I ever said was that I would catch a rabbit in a humane trap, and then maybe play with it for a while and let it go, or perhaps dye it a mad colour (with non-toxic dye) and let it go, or maybe kill it to eat it.

It was pretty much all Honkey Kong that threw a hissy fit and made false accusations of torture. I think steroid users with diminished intelligence just latched onto the negativity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information