• 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33

Thread: No carbs = Bad dreams?

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)

Angry No carbs = Bad dreams?

To try lose fat at the moment, I'm pretty much only eating protein, with very minimal carbs, fat or sugar.

I'm having really horrible dreams -- not terrifying nightmares -- but just really bad in other emotional ways. It's gotten so bad now that I've decided I'm going to my doctor if I have another one tonight.

It could also be that I've been to 4 funerals this year (Covid, alcohol posioning, heroin overdose, suicidal drowning), and so maybe that shit is messing up my head.

Or maybe I just need carbs.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    As those ketone levels climb, there is a variety of symptoms. I’ve never really heard that bad dreams were on the list, but if you feel crappy going to bed then maybe that mind-set is staying with you.

Sorry for the bad year of multiple funerals, that sure can’t help. Have lost a friend from suicide myself and that really sticks with you.

How much fat have you lost on this diet thus far?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This sounds like a diet issue. How can you be doing no carbs and almost no fat?
    DinAZ likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    To try lose fat at the moment, I'm pretty much only eating protein, with very minimal carbs, fat or sugar.

I'm having really horrible dreams -- not terrifying nightmares -- but just really bad in other emotional ways. It's gotten so bad now that I've decided I'm going to my doctor if I have another one tonight.

It could also be that I've been to 4 funerals this year (Covid, alcohol posioning, heroin overdose, suicidal drowning), and so maybe that shit is messing up my head.

Or maybe I just need carbs.
    Eat some fibrous veggies. Those carbs have minimal impact towards ketosis.

If I had to guess, I'd say the stress from processing the funerals. Try to find some time time to spool down/decompress.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-25-2021 at 09:28 PM.
    Test Monsterone and XnavyHMCS like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally can't sleep if I don't have any carbs before bed. l eat an apple when I'm dieting. You don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight. Logically, if you were stagnating at the weight you currently are now, then any reduction in calories will result in some weight loss. Save keto for stubborn fat, finishing touches imo.
    DinAZ and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango
    As those ketone levels climb, there is a variety of symptoms. I’ve never really heard that bad dreams were on the list, but if you feel crappy going to bed then maybe that mind-set is staying with you.

Sorry for the bad year of multiple funerals, that sure can’t help. Have lost a friend from suicide myself and that really sticks with you.

How much fat have you lost on this diet thus far?
    This morning I was 69.1 kg = 152.3 lb

Last monday morning I was 71.1kg = 156.7 lb

Difference = 2 kg per week = 4.4 lb per week

Of course I can't be entirely sure that it's only fat that I'm losing.

Quote Originally Posted by redz
    This sounds like a diet issue. How can you be doing no carbs and almost no fat?
    I've only been eating protein shakes, chicken, beef. Although now I'm having a few brussel sprouts with each of my 3 meals.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Eat some fibrous veggies. Those carbs have minimal impact towards ketosis.

If I had to guess, I'd say the stress from processing the funerals. Try to find some time time to spool down/decompress. ]
    For the foreseeable furture I think I'll just attend funerals at the place of worship, and then go home afterward. It's the time spent in mingling afterward that does the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TestMonsterone
    I personally can't sleep if I don't have any carbs before bed. l eat an apple when I'm dieting. You don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight. Logically, if you were stagnating at the weight you currently are now, then any reduction in calories will result in some weight loss. Save keto for stubborn fat, finishing touches imo.
    I knew nothing about ketosis until I looked it up just now. I only thought that I was "burning fat", I didn't look at it as changing the mode of my metabolic system.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    You made a whole other post about diet and I mentioned ketosis lol. We also mentioned you need more carbs. And now you feel like crap. Big surprise.

Not trying to be a dick but I spent like 2 years getting my diet dialed in. you need to learn about nutrition. Your body can use carbs or fat as fuel. Right now your car is sputtering and you are choosing to pass the gas station to get on the highway.

Commit to keto OR add more carbs to your diet. Add a sweet potato or some quinoa (or other low glycemic carbs) in occasionally or do a real keto diet with some fat for fuel.

Your body needs fuel give it some.
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    You made a whole other post about diet and I mentioned ketosis lol. We also mentioned you need more carbs. And now you feel like crap. Big surprise.

Not trying to be a dick but I spent like 2 years getting my diet dialed in. you need to learn about nutrition. Your body can use carbs or fat as fuel. Right now your car is sputtering and you are choosing to pass the gas station to get on the highway.

Commit to keto OR add more carbs to your diet. Add a sweet potato or some quinoa (or other low glycemic carbs) in occasionally or do a real keto diet with some fat for fuel.

Your body needs fuel give it some.
    Yup, what you said is 100%.

FK, glad you added some brussel sprouts at least. As mentioned in the other thread, your body would welcome some healthy fats as well. Nice drop in the scale, but you got to think that with that severe diet, you are losing some muscle (and of course water) to contribute to that weight loss. Kudos to your efforts however.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No carbs = Bad dreams?-b208467c-6477-4519-bc49-4d34a65ef6f9.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 07-26-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    DinAZ likes this.

So maybe eat some nuts with the brussel sprouts jn order to get some fats?
    wango likes this.

Pumpkin seeds, pistachios, avacado, salmon....there are lots of good choices out there for healthy fats. Still throw in the fibrous veggies though. Your intestinal tract/ bowels will thank you.
    DinAZ likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

So maybe eat some nuts with the brussel sprouts jn order to get some fats?
    Yup. Almonds are a great choice: healthy fat, additional protein and zero on the glycemic index. Just watch the portions as they are calorie dense.
    DinAZ likes this.

I posted a pic of my 2nd meal in my diet thread:

https://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutr...ml#post7556420

1st meal = 30g protein shake, 3 brussel sprouts and a few nuts
    2nd meal = as pictured
    3rd meal = beef steak (155 - 215g) without grizzle (and a few brussell sprouts and nuts)

I'm curious about testing myself for keto levels.
    wango likes this.

2nd meal = as pictured
    3rd meal = beef steak (155 - 215g) without grizzle (and a few brussell sprouts and nuts)

Grab some Keto test strips from your pharmacist/chemist.

You could easily bump up the Brussels sprouts portion up to 1/2 cup. That's the serving size Atkins uses in it's induction phase which is under 20g of carbs/day.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-27-2021 at 08:02 AM.
    DinAZ likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ur having bad dreams cause u are a sick fuck.

if this was in diet section I would not be a dick, but its lounge.

I could not or would I ever want to imagine the sick shit u dream or think about.

sorry AG
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

2nd meal = as pictured

Nice addition FK! Again, nice work on sticking to it, but with that cheat entire evening on Friday, that alone is plenty of motivation to keep going.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Yeah, he'd be more likely to stick with a diet, by still eating carbs, but putting himself into a caloric deficit. Maybe eat more foods that are less dense in calories, so he can feel full and satisfied too. Save the keto for short bursts, because you can't do that for very long.

Thread Information