Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Movie ?

MarkyMark is offline Member

Worst Movie ?

Ok guys this may be easier ...

All time worst movie ?

ptbyjason Guest
    That is easy.

The Talented Mr. Ripley is the absolute worse movie I have ever seen in my whole life. I wouldn't wish forcing someone to watch that whole movie on my worst enemy.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i didn't like the talented Mr. ripley either

but Jude Law is an excellent actor and Matt Damon can act, write and direct.he knows the lanscape of film production at a very yound age,thats' rare for a 32 yr old to have the grasp of all aspects.

i'd have to say anything w/ Julia Roberts or Nicholas Cage in it.they are two actors that never translate their characters into film.they are so unbelievably bad at slight character develpoment traits to make anything they do believable.nickolas Cage is Nicholas Cage in every movie?have you ever felt a difference in any of his characters honestly?Fucking Julia Roberts wins an oscar for Best Actress the same year Requiem For A Dream has Ellen Bursten gives a performance that is 1000 times better than the most creative work Julia Roberts has every done?(i'm being rhetorical she has done nothign worthy of any award except sell movie tickets w/ mainstream appeal)no fuckign way!!

i can give you a list of horrible actors that sell seats to fluff hollywood movies w/ no substance if you want that.give me the independent film channel, Artisan entertianment, and a few excellent directors and screenwriters and i'm happy.most of what's out there is sp dreadfuilly mundane or beaten to death it insults the intelligence of anyone who isn't too blind to see the, "if it's not broken don't fix it" approach to making films today.

Cali is offline Female Member
    You guys are both right!!! Hated both of those!! Out of Africa sucked too! And He Said She Said.....ugh!

ptbyjason Guest

Re: i didn't like the talented Mr. ripley either

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    i'd have to say anything w/ Julia Roberts in it. she has done nothign worthy of any award except sell movie tickets w/ mainstream appeal)no fuckign way!!
    Damn bro, you had to flame my favorite actress. It was nice knowing you bro. You are banned, good bye. Just kidding bro. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. Or was I kidding, check your title now.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    For me this is an easy question. "City of Angels." Why? Because Meg Ryan got killed at the end. I was so upset at the ending that I signed up for a writing seminar at UCLA just so I could ask the writer of the movie, a lady named Dana Stevens, why she wrote the ending like she did. I didn't make it though because I got off work to late that night. Anybody who has seen the movie knows the ending sucks. Youre routing for Nic Cage and Meg Ryan to get together the whole movie and when they finally do she gets killed in an accident. The point being "Thats the way life goes, so enjoy every moment you have. Wrong way to say it. A much better way was the movie "Meet Joe Black" which makes the same point but at the same time you leave the theatre feeling good and inspired to be alive. With City of Angels you leave the theatre feeling sad and crushed. A much better ending to City of Angels would have been if after they spend the night together and are sitting on the dock in the morning, she makes the joke about Mr. and Mrs. Plate, they then go home to her place, are watching TV at night, the doorbell rings, Nic Cage goes and opens the door, and wallah, its his fellow, former angel,
    who has made the plunge also. He to has a lady he's in love with, Nic Cage invites them in and the movie fades out with all four characters talking happily about how great life is. Just my opinion. I'll list my other worst movies a little later. Sorry this was so long but this movie really touched a nerve with what could have been.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON The absolute wrost movie in existence. Kung Fu on drugs thats what that movie was. The plot sucked, everyone could fly? hello, i just sucked

god i want to so bad

but i can't debate movie anymore.i do this like once a day w/ my friends w/ actors, directors, screenplays, movies.we debate everything.i really realy want to but it's just a thread that will never end.i don't have the energy for it

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Another esoteric reply . . .

Easy: With few exceptions (such as the Frank Langella version of Dracula, which was great), any re-make of a classic flick. The Thomas Crown Affair comes to mind - after the classic version with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway, the later version with Pierce Brosnan was a joke. (I would probably say the same thing about the new Ocean's 11, although I haven't seen it yet.) Ditto the re-make of Psycho, which was a rip-off of the Hitchcock original, right down to the camera shots. Ditto Never Say Never Again, which was a rip-off of the original Thunderball.

And two musicals come to mind: Mame (featuring the then 190-yea-old Lucille Ball, it could never compare with the original, non-musical version with Rosalind Russell, which is a cult classic) and Lost Horizon (a joke of a film with some of Burt Bacarach's worst songs ever - he should have stuck to writing for Dionne Warwick).

hahahahahaha

"Hi Jason, it's me!! Julia Roberts! Did you like my award winning performance in Mystic Pizza? I mean it wasn't My Best Friend's Wedding, but I was good right?" hahahahahahaha.damn you for scaring my avatar w/ such horrible statements!!hahahahaha

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    "City of Angels" was a shitty remake of a classic German film called "Wings of Desire" which was 100 times better.

Loved the Costner films - Dances with Wolves and Bull Durham
    But hated - Waterworld

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator

Re: i didn't like the talented Mr. ripley either

i'd have to say anything w/ Julia Roberts or Nicholas Cage in it.they are two actors that never translate their characters into film.they are so unbelievably bad at slight character develpoment traits to make anything they do believable.nickolas Cage is Nicholas Cage in every movie?have you ever felt a difference in any of his characters honestly?

Fucking Julia Roberts wins an oscar for Best Actress the same year Requiem For A Dream has Ellen Bursten gives a performance that is 1000 times better than the most creative work Julia Roberts has every done?(i'm being rhetorical she has done nothign worthy of any award except sell movie tickets w/ mainstream appeal)no fuckign way!!

i can give you a list of horrible actors that sell seats to fluff hollywood movies w/ no substance if you want that.give me the independent film channel, Artisan entertianment, and a few excellent directors and screenwriters and i'm happy.most of what's out there is sp dreadfuilly mundane or beaten to death it insults the intelligence of anyone who isn't too blind to see the, "if it's not broken don't fix it" approach to making films today.
    My jaw is on the floor! I could have written your entire post! We must have been separated at birth or something!

Even the mention of Ellen Bursten for Requiem...could you believe that performance? And Julia is pretty, but talented? C'mon! You cannot even compare the two performances.

And Nick Cage! Grrrrrr! How boring is he?! He's not even good to look at. I won't even watch his movies anymore.

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM!!!

i love that movie!!i watch it on dvd all the time.ellen burstyn is awesome in that.my soulmate of movies has arrived!!!!!

i'm right there w/ you w/ Julia Roberts and Nicholas Cage.i feel the same way w/ Travolta.

i like Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Tim Roth, Sean Penn, Al Pacino, Robert Deniro(except for his last few movies which were dreadfully awful),Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins, Leonardo Di Caprio, Roberto Benigni, Tom Hanks, a few more but now i'm rambling and boring myself,haha

Re: REQUIEM FOR A DREAM!!!

i like Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Tim Roth, Sean Penn, Al Pacino, Robert Deniro(except for his last few movies which were dreadfully awful),Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins, Leonardo Di Caprio, Roberto Benigni, Tom Hanks, a few more but now i'm rambling and boring myself,haha
    Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis, Harvey Keitel, Edward Norton, Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks, Dustin Hoffman, John Tuturro

Me too, if I never saw Travolta or Cage in another movie it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Have you ever seen "The Man in the Moon"? I loved that movie, and no one has seen it. Do you ever use www.imdb.com, here it is http://us.imdb.com/Title?0102388

Also, The usual suspects was a great movie. I like Gab Byrne.

Of your long list of actors, Tom Hanks is not one of my favs. He's okay, but he's just in too much "blockbuster crap" that people watch only because the media machine tells them it's the thing to do. I can usually tell by the trailer whether I will enjoy watching it or not.

Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Tim Roth, Sean Penn, Al Pacino, Robert Deniro(except for his last few movies which were dreadfully awful),Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins, Leonardo Di Caprio, Roberto Benigni! AGREED!

And my fav spoofs were Spaceballs and Spinal Tap.

pete my friend

you just filled in my blanks,haha.everyone is excellent

Pete, as usual, we are in agreement.

usual suspects is my favorite movie

got that in the dvd collection too.i love kevin spacey!!!i saw the man in the moon.it's good.what is that imdb thing?i have to check it out.

i have spinal tap too!!haha.how funny is that movie?i need to get it on dvd.i only have it on vhs from back in the day

Travolta and Cage: Faceoff,hahahahahaha,how bad is that?i despise action movies!!!!

Re: usual suspects is my favorite movie

i have spinal tap too!!haha.how funny is that movie?i need to get it on dvd.i only have it on vhs from back in the day
    "See...most amps only go up to 10. Our amps....go to 11"

Tigress...booze, movies...what else do we have in common

primodonna is offline Female Member
    BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY

what a waste of seemingly 5 days of my life

ptbyjason Guest

Re: Re: i didn't like the talented Mr. ripley either

Originally posted by tigress

And Julia is pretty, but talented? C'mon

I see tigress wants to be banned too.

"Greystoke - The Legend of Tarzan"

Hey jason....i LOVE julia roberts...now give me a better title

(even though i may have been lying)

oh no jason is here!!

shooosh!everyone quiet down!! "wow, how about that Julia Roberts?wow, she's something else!"hahaaha

Cali is offline Female Member
    I have to agree with Jason on this one...I love Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock too. Partyboy, I'm guessing you don't like Sandra either....lol! Sean Connery is one of my favs too.

my homepage is juliaroberts.com

hahahaha

Greystoke the legend of tarzan?!!!hahahaha.how old is that.dear god i remember that!!hahahaha.

how about the National Lampoon movies?!!what the fuck were those?chevy chase,hahaha what an idiot.

ptbyjason Guest
    Partyboy, I am going to have to send someone after you for lying now. I wouldn't answer the door if I were you.

Cali, do you want to take primo's place as mod since she appears to be lying.

my gf's father was really good friends w/ her

sandra bullock i mean.i just saw her out about a month ago at Culture Club here in the city.let's put it this way, she's sucks IMO as an actress.she's not that attractive in person, but i'd fuck her if it meant i could sign w/ her agent.thats' what i have been saying lately about good old Sandra,haha

Re: hahahaha

how about the National Lampoon movies?!!what the fuck were those?chevy chase,hahaha what an idiot.
    HEY!!! DO NOT DIS "NATIONAL LAMPOONS - VACATION"!! Isn't that right Primo

BTW Jason....my home page is ericroberts.com...does that count for anything

Well Pete, my first guesses would be training and supps.

PB, I hated that movie too! Face off! Why did I even watch it? Have you seen My own private Idaho? Good movie even if it did have Keanu Reeves in it.

imdb.com stands for internet movie data base and it's a lifesaver. You see a good bit actor, you can enter their name and do a search to see what else is good by them. Save for directors. And if you need to know an actors name that is eluding you at the moment, just enter a movie that you know they were in and a complete cast list comes up. That site is great!

jason is so full of it!!

i know his email address and it's JULIE4ME@american'ssweetheart.com

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Thirteen Ghosts is the worst ever.

Ok here it is...the absolute worst moving ever made is............

THIRTEEN GHOSTS. This movie sucked so bad...I will never forgive myself for the 2 hours that I have lost in my life.

Partyboy you are now doubly banned for not bowing down to Marty Moose and Aunt Edna!

Jason- are you threatening me?

Originally posted by tigress
    You see a good bit actor, you can enter their name and do a search to see what else is good by them.
    My favorite bit actor (character actor) is Clint Howard!! He's one hell of a good lookin man too!!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    First off, when you talk about movie remakes, like the Thomas Crown Affair, I think it's mainly for the new generation. Us youngens need all the new hightech, mumbo jumbo, action bs to make the movie good. If we sat down and watch the original of these types of movies, we'd just be like "WTF ???"

Now in terms of the worst movie ever, I'd have to say it was Serpico with Al Pacino. The movie had NOTHING interesting in it. It was about dirty cops, but they didn't even do anything. It was just a bunch of talking and bullshit. The only bad thing they really did was take money. It was soooo boring. Me and my cousin just sat there, waiting for something interesting to happen, we kept saying, any minute now, something good will happen, any minute now. DO NOT watch this movie!!!

tigress you're the best thanks

i have a site i get some monologues from.it's all scripts from like a milion movies. www.script-o-rama.com

yeah , i was just talking about my private idaho last week w/ one of my friends.it's good too

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Usual Suspects was a great movie. I was literally blown away by the ending. What a great screenplay. One of the best movie names ever, Kaiser Sose. As for Julia Roberts. No big fan, but I thought she was really good in Notting Hill and Pretty Women. Haven't liked her in much else though. I think Meg Ryan and my pick for future oscar winner(Claire Forlani; Mall Rats, The Rock, and Meet Joe Black) are much more talented. I guess I need to watch Requiem of a Dream. It sounds like it must be a good movie.

Don't know him Pete, and when I enter him in the imdb it says no pic available.

Cali, I gotta go with PBNY on the Sandra Bullock thing. Except I wouldn't sleep with her

good movie

drugstore cowboy w/ matt dillion back in the day,

13 ghosts?isn't that w/ shannon elizabeth?she does nothing for me.i don't get the male fascination w/ her.i won't watch any movie just to see a girl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information