Elysium is offline Productive Member

Well.. looks like Messy is a nice guy after all!

I live in a town called Swindon, England. Its not the biggest of places but theres nothing small about the amount we're doing.

Today i was watching Sky News, and they ran a report mentioning Swindon, praising their efforts, in one day the whole town had donated so much stuff for the Tsunami relief that it filled an aircraft hanger, all the local stores have either donated money or equiptment to help.

Im not at work till the 3rd so i thought i would volunteer and help out. Im heading into town tomorrow morning to help load up the vans, trucks and warehouses with all the donations and gifts. Hey, its a bit of manual labour so im sure it will be a nice little workout lol.

Ive convinced a friend to come with me too, im staying to help for about 5 hours as i have some stuff to get done before i go back to work.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited by Elysium; 01-02-2005 at 10:07 AM. Reason: ooops date corrected

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    I live in a town called Swindon, England. Its not the biggest of places but theres nothing small about the amount we're doing.

Today i was watching Sky News, and they ran a report mentioning Swindon, praising their efforts, in one day the whole town had donated so much stuff for the Tsunami relief that it filled an aircraft hanger, all the local stores have either donated money or equiptment to help.

Im not at work till the 2nd so i thought i would volunteer and help out. Im heading into town tomorrow morning to help load up the vans, trucks and warehouses with all the donations and gifts. Hey, its a bit of manual labour so im sure it will be a nice little workout lol.

Ive convinced a friend to come with me too, im staying to help for about 5 hours as i have some stuff to get done before i go back to work.

Good for you Messy, God knows they need all the help they can get !!!

gya321 is offline Member
    Thats really good man. Great way to start off the new year helping out.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    God bless you bro! Thanks for reminding us all to do our part as well.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Good for you bro.

Ok, got back 10 mins ago. Cant exactly say it was very hard, spent most of the morning loading up pallets which were then forklifted into large trucks. They provided drinks and food, met some people down there, they all seemed pretty nice and that.

Well thats my good deed done lol

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Nice job Messy...

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    good job messy

thanks guys! looks like the death rate is rising by the day aswell... not good!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good job Messy.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Great, unselfish, act Messy. :spudniklu

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK

Im not at work till the 3rd so i thought i would volunteer and help out. Im heading into town tomorrow morning to help load up the vans, trucks and warehouses with all the donations and gifts. Hey, its a bit of manual labour so im sure it will be a nice little workout lol.

thats pretty cool bro!! Great way to start the new year :spudnik4:

Cool thanks everyone. Its crazy, i'd just hope that people would help me if something like this happened? I mean thats a pretty sh*tty christmas and new year they must of had

Thread Information