Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Nfl!

SampsonandDelilah is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Herbert is a star, his arm is so ridiculous and he’s just a baby. I HATED Phyllis “cry me a” Rivers

But man, this kid is a STUD
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Nice Guy Cy
    Blog Entries
    That Thursday night game, Seahawks v Rams....

Geno Smith says "I can get it done but also that interception"

Seattle punter: "oh you gonna block ME??? Only that first time, sucka!!"
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    That Thursday night game, Seahawks v Rams....

Geno Smith says "I can get it done but also that interception"

Seattle punter: "oh you gonna block ME??? Only that first time, sucka!!"
    I couldnít believe the irony. Troy is talking about Staffordís index finger, but points out the importance of the middle finger as itís the last to leave the ball. Them shortly after, Russel damages that finger.

Damn, Geno came out sharp. I really though he was going to pull it off.

More Solid games today. Really happy that Burrowís is bouncing back strongly after his knee surgery. Exciting to see so many young and talented QBs.
    Cylon357 and DinAZ like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I couldn’t believe the irony. Troy is talking about Stafford’s index finger, but points out the importance of the middle finger as it’s the last to leave the ball. Them shortly after, Russel damages that finger.

Damn, Geno came out sharp. I really though he was going to pull it off.

More Solid games today. Really happy that Burrow’s is bouncing back strongly after his knee surgery. Exciting to see so many young and talented QBs.
    Geno DID look sharp, especially for someone that hasn't played for a bit.

Watching Browns / Chargers now. It's looking like a good game.

Totally unrelated, VPNs sure are handy
    DinAZ and wango like this.

Blog Entries
    Daaaaammmmmmmnnnnnn, if you are the Browns, how do you let Mike Williams get wide open for a walk in TD?

I will take the points, though.

Blog Entries
    Daaaammmmnnn, if you are the Chargers, how do you let a tight end run away from you?
    DinAZ likes this.

Blog Entries
    We got us a slobberknocker in LA, folks! Woo hoo!

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Letís go Cardinals!

The offense has been great this year but the defense has been suspect many games. Seeing the Cards get 2 key 4th down stops is huge!

To make noise in the playoffs they need to have defense to go with their electric offense.

Of course, while Iím typing this the AZ RB fumbles lol, but Iím still loving seeing them grind! Winning a defensive battle instead of just a high scoring shoot out would be a great win to build on. Hopefully they cards can keep it up and win because itís anyoneís game right now.

Enjoy your Sunday gents (and any ladies lurking)!
    Cylon357 and wango like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Anyone here play fantasy football? Iím in a couple leagues and it makes watching all the games more fun
    I was really busy this year and didnít sign up but I miss it. It definitely makes games more exciting! Especially when itís some game you donít care about or has bad teams fantasy makes it more interesting.

They just made sports gambling legal in AZ. I could bet with crypto before this, but now I can do Daily Fantasy Sports too. I only tried it once because I know more about traditional sports betting, but in addition to normal season long fantasy, the Daily Fantasy was fun too!

Blog Entries
    Austin Ekeler showing maturity and knowledge of the clock with that slide.

Herbert a little more mortal with his completion percentage.

Browns being smart and pushing Ekeler in for the td so they get the ball back.

Ekler for the 2 point conversion and there is still 90 seconds left.

Oops, the 2 point conversion no good.

Austin Ekeler showing maturity and knowledge of the clock with that slide.

Herbert a little more mortal with his completion percentage.

Browns being smart and pushing Ekeler in for the td so they get the ball back.

Ekler for the 2 point conversion and there is still 90 seconds left.

Oops, the 2 point conversion no good.
    42-47 sounds exciting as hell! no work tomorrow so I'll have to watch all the mid day NFL shows that only college kids and retirees normally get to enjoy. You gotta feel good about the Chargers, I thought they would be improved this year but they are even better than I expected. Looking like a playoff team!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    42-47 sounds exciting as hell! no work tomorrow so I'll have to watch all the mid day NFL shows that only college kids and retirees normally get to enjoy. You gotta feel good about the Chargers, I thought they would be improved this year but they are even better than I expected. Looking like a playoff team!
    Chargers still have time to resort to their play of the last 5 years or so, but with the new coach and system, I'm hoping they continue the way they have played so far this season.

Blog Entries
    There were a total of 41 points scored in the fourth quarter alone. The Chargers accounted for 26 (!) fourth quarter points on their own. That is insane, but like I said, I will take the win.

The SNF game is still in rain delay right this moment. A lot of people may say "look at Mahomes, he isn't SuperMan after all" blah blah blah. I don't buy it. I think he has elevated the level of play of the other teams in the league, because they know you have to be prepared for KC to put a ring on your finger. That's why I think phenoms like him are a good thing: it makes for a better overall game because the rest of the league needs to step it up.
    DinAZ likes this.

Nfl!

There were a total of 41 points scored in the fourth quarter alone. The Chargers accounted for 26 (!) fourth quarter points on their own. That is insane, but like I said, I will take the win.

The SNF game is still in rain delay right this moment. A lot of people may say "look at Mahomes, he isn't SuperMan after all" blah blah blah. I don't buy it. I think he has elevated the level of play of the other teams in the league, because they know you have to be prepared for KC to put a ring on your finger. That's why I think phenoms like him are a good thing: it makes for a better overall game because the rest of the league needs to step it up.
    I agree 100%. Itís like Brady, just because he is getting older and looks more human, he has changed the way the game was played during his career. Same things for Mahomes (minus the aging). Succesful QBs run offense that gets emulated by other coaches, QBs and teams. Defenses come up with new schemes to combat this.

In my mind these type players are changing how the game is played. Off games or losses here or there donít take anything away from that. But it gives sports writers and TV hosts something to talk about!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Woke up to see that the Bills kept the lead over the Chiefs and scored the win big time in Arrowhead.

The Bills or Ravens the team to beat in the AFC? For several years, the road to the AFC championship has gone through KC, but now maybe it is shifting to the east a bit?

Arizona still undefeated... are they for real? I haven't seen them play yet this year. And both Aaron Rodgers and the Packers AND Tom Brady and the Buccaneers have started firing on all cylinders. Is the NFC up for grabs this year?
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    The Bills are throttling teams and playing impressive defense…no doubt in my mind they are the team to beat in the AFC and potentially favorites for the whole thing. They look extremely confident and Josh Allen is playing next level. Wow, just wow
    Cylon357 likes this.

wango is offline Senior Member
    Damn the Bengals vs. Packers was nutty. Rogers is a beast; hope Burrows is ok. Watched Redzone most of the day, I think yesterday must have a record for most missed extra points on one Sunday.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Damn the Bengals vs. Packers was nutty. Rogers is a beast; hope Burrows is ok. Watched Redzone most of the day, I think yesterday must have a record for most missed extra points on one Sunday.
    I THINK I heard that it tied a record. And I think 3 (but maybe just 2) of those extra point misses were from the Chargers kicker.

Getting settled in to watch Colts / Ravens, though I may just have it on in the background.

@SampsonandDelilah, I might have to agree with you regarding Buffalo. They went into Arrowhead stadium and handled the Chiefs soundly, while the Ravens squeaked by with a 1 point victory in Baltimore.

AFC West and North look to be pretty evenly matched within their divisions: 3 out of 4 teams in each have a winning record. That could end up with a couple of good teams not making the playoffs because of the division winners going automatically.
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Holy crap, with the Gruden news out of Vegas! He had the Raiders contending, too. Soften up the AFC West, maybe?
    SampsonandDelilah and wango like this.

Blog Entries
    Takeaways from week 5....

My Chargers looking good, but they gotta stiffen up on D.

Browns looked real good too in that loss. No shame there.

Bills... holy crap, does anyone else remember the 0 for 4 Bills of the '90s? No? Well, that's OK, because this team looks more solid than that one.

The Ravens. Hmm, for 3 quarters, they played like they didn't really want (or deserve) to beat the Colts. Then in the fourth, they decided "OK NOW lets do the football things". Lamar Jackson is a serious run threat and his passing game is good, too. This Ravens team... Will they go deep in the playoffs? Cylon-a-damus says yes, but ONLY if they don't play like they did in the first part of that game Monday night. Come playoff time, you won't be overcoming huge deficits.

Remember that Bills team of the '90s I mentioned? You know what they could do in the playoffs? Overcome huge deficits. Peep Buffalo v Houston in the early 90s. Seems like the Oilers (yeah, that is what Houston was called then) had the Bills down by 40 something points at the half in one of the AFC playoff games, and the Bills came back to win.

You know what that Bills team never won? A Super Bowl.

Point being, in the modern NFL, if you get down big time (20+ points) in the playoffs, you probably should NOT be expecting to win. No, not even if your team initials are "Kansas City".

Speaking of, yes, KC has hit a minor slump. Don't expect it to last, though. They are still a highly skilled, dominant football team. They will recover. I do freely admit, though, I take some guilty pleasure in seeing them at the bottom of the AFC West. I also recognize that won't last.

Finally, Gruden. Dude. DUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE. WTF, man?

Oakland, err I mean Las Vegas, was looking good, now they have to retool a bit. How will that affect them? Probably not real well, but hey, the players are the same, the system will largely remain the same (I suspect), so I'm not counting them out yet.

If you made it all the way through, you deserve a treat! Go give yourself an extra injection of just a shot of your favorite booze. Yes, I am a bad influence
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Blog Entries
    I deserve a treat

Amazing write up and I agree with every word! And who could forget Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith and of course SCOTT NORWOOD!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I was really busy this year and didnít sign up but I miss it. It definitely makes games more exciting! Especially when itís some game you donít care about or has bad teams fantasy makes it more interesting.

They just made sports gambling legal in AZ. I could bet with crypto before this, but now I can do Daily Fantasy Sports too. I only tried it once because I know more about traditional sports betting, but in addition to normal season long fantasy, the Daily Fantasy was fun too!
    Iím having do much fun with the fantasy league. Itís easier and way more fun then I ever thought it would be. I look at each player and determine who I play based on the team they are playing. I put in Godwin and Antonio brown this week cause Tampa was playing Miami. Great decision. AB lit them up for 31 points in my league
    DinAZ likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I deserve a treat

Amazing write up and I agree with every word! And who could forget Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith and of course SCOTT NORWOOD!
    Tell Delilah that Cylon said you earned a treat. I'm sure it will go over well. She may even help you choose! (Sleeping on the couch is not a treat, BTW)

Scott Norwood... man, as much grief as he got for 'wide right', he has GOT to be looking at the kicking performance in the NFL in week 5 and thinking 'DID YOU SEE ALL THE SUCKINESS???"
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Blog Entries
    “Grief”?! Death threats by the thousands! Credible enough that he had to move states!

Oh man, yup. Even old Scott Norwood is making fun of the lack of kicking proficiency in week 5…unreal

Blog Entries
    Figured I’d mention Delilah was my English Mastiff

RIP girl <3

Nfl!-a504afc5-bc8e-4a3d-971f-01c335e5a7b8.jpeg
    DinAZ likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information