Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

'Gays Only' High School Opening in NYC

'Gays Only' High School Opening in NYC
    7:42 am PST, 28 July 2003

New York City will open the nation's first-ever high school for gay students in September.

City education officials say 100 gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered students will be enrolled, the New York Post reported.

Operating for two decades as a small alternative program with just two classrooms, the new Harvey Milk High School officially opens as a stand-alone public school, the paper said.

Currently, the school is undergoing $3.2 million in renovations, approved by the last school board in June of 2002.

By September 2004, enrollment is expected to grow to 170, said the paper.

Critics blasted the plan.

"Is there a different way to teach homosexuals? Is there gay math? This is wrong. This makes absolutely no sense," said New York State Conservative Party Chairman Mike Long.

==================

This is unbelievable. Why do people have so many rights!? I mean I love my freedom and my choices but in all honestly the western world is taking things too far. The average hard working healthy white male is becoming the most discriminated against person!!

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Now what do you think would happen if there were a heterosexual school only....exactly!

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm sorry, but that's a VILE double standard. While we're at it, lets set up a government funded school for anyone who deviates from the norm in anyway possible. Liberalism and the idea that every minority group has to have special treatment is what is killing america today. Equal rights equates no special treatment.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I want a heterosexual only fucking change room at the gym!! But that would be discrimination. But those guys can stare at me changing!? Guys are always walking around naked or with towels on their shoulders...does it take you guys 45 minutes to dry off!? It's like they're looking for someone to check them out, etc. It would be like me changing in the ladies room and watching the hot chicks go in and out of the shower, getting dressed, etc. This seriously gets my blood boiling!! Everyone has fucking rights except me!!!

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    i would love to see their gym class

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Posted by bdtr - Today at 12:39 PM
    I'm sorry, but that's a VILE double standard. While we're at it, lets set up a government funded school for anyone who deviates from the norm in anyway possible. Liberalism and the idea that every minority group has to have special treatment is what is killing america today. Equal rights equates no special treatment

Yeah, what about the black only schools of segragation?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yeah but this isn't the pre intergration south. If they do all gay schools, then I want my kids going to an all straight school someday. It's that simple.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I don't care about "rights" and "freedom" shit. IMO, that's asking for trouble. They want rights but now they're being seperated from the normal high schools. That's asking for trouble. I wouldn't be too surprised if some hate infested group chose to do some kind of harm to either the school or individual of the school.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I'd sue.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    What next: A girls only school??? I mean come on.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I'd sue.
    Why am I not surprised

If more people were as sue happy as you farting in public would be a crime, punishable by death. lol

Sorry bro just couldn't resist. IMO voting the right politicians in office is more effective then calling your lawyor everytime you don't agree with an issue.

~US~

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Why am I not surprised

If more people were as sue happy as you farting in public would be a crime, punishable by death. lol

Sorry bro just couldn't resist. IMO voting the right politicians in office is more effective then calling your lawyor everytime you don't agree with an issue.

~US~
    The problem is.....The only way to make politicians listen is with a gun.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    damn its not going to help for tolerance if we isolate those ppl with GAY ONLY SCHOOLS...

sorry but this is the gayest thing i have heard today...

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i see more and more of gay stuff, in the media. I think the media wants everyone to except everyone else, but i know what i am going to teach my kids, and i don't want a techer teaching them different (no offense to all gay and lesbian members).

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    This is another instance of deviating from the Equal Rights amendment in our constitution, as affirmative action is. Any club, school, golf course, etc. which limits its membership due to someone's race, sexual orientation, gender, etc., is against all our founding fathers believed. I realize gays and lesbians have been descriminated against by many people, and I regret that, but what they are doing is adding another wrong to the scene. Remember, two wrongs don't make a right. I truly believe, and hope, that someday our country will become color, gender, and anything else blind, and we can all live as just human beings.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    They have those already. LOL

I personally have nothing Single Interest Group schools... boys only, girls only, catholics only, jews only, islamics only, gays only, smart kids only, morons only... shit I'd even be ok with a lefthanded redhair dwarfs with hemerhoids only school...

BUT!

They have to be ***PRIVATE*** schools... NOT funded by the public school system.

The government (ie: what you and I pay for) offers everyone basic education, if you want better quality or Special Interest Group education, then you should pay for it, period. I don't see why any of us would have to give a penny to S.I.G. schools.

Just my 2 cents worth of course... nothing against gay/lesbian only school... got everything against publicly funded S.I.G schools on the other hand.

Red

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

BUT!

They have to be ***PRIVATE*** schools... NOT funded by the public school system.

The government (ie: what you and I pay for) offers everyone basic education, if you want better quality or Special Interest Group education, then you should pay for it, period. I don't see why any of us would have to give a penny to S.I.G. schools.

Red
    I agree totally equal rights to americans means special rights to minoritys. I don't see why this is so because we are all people.
    I don't have any tolerance for gays its wrong in my beliefs! sprry just my opinion

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    they already have girls only schools and boys only schools
    abstrack@protonmail.com

who fooking cares if they open one up, big deal!! I hope they open 100 more schools across the US. Just in spite of pissing more people off
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    who fooking cares if they open one up, big deal!! I hope they open 100 more schools across the US. Just in spite of pissing more people off
    I hope that wealthy school districts continue to find ways to keep non-asian minorities from attending their stellar public schools, not so much because these "types" undoubtedly bring down the collective intellectualism of the whole, but to piss off some minorities as well.

Both my (fictional) statement and yours are more or less identical speaking solely to aspects of jurisprudence. This should be quite a concern to every single American. I was tall and VERY skinny in high school...i played basketball solely to ameliorate the fact that this made things difficult at my sports-oriented high school. Why was there no school for individuals like myself? Why are there not separate schools for "freaks", "jocks", "single-parent teens" "the morbildy obese", etc, etc. I'm sure in each instance it could be intelligently argued that the individuals would likely perform better in environments in which they did not stand out in a negative manner, yet we see no action for similar schools. The reason: because it simply violates every tenet of public education, as does a "gays only" high school.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I've never understood why any minority group would fight so hard for equality and then voluntarily segregate themselves. Celebrating a lifestyle is one thing, but this is totally different. How will a gay child learn to interact with a sometimes hateful world if he's schooled in a controlled environment?

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK WHITE
    I truly believe, and hope, that someday our country will become color, gender, and anything else blind, and we can all live as just human beings.
    Nice point of view. I agree.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    I've never understood why any minority group would fight so hard for equality and then voluntarily segregate themselves. Celebrating a lifestyle is one thing, but this is totally different. How will a gay child learn to interact with a sometimes hateful world if he's schooled in a controlled environment?
    ===========================================

Some of these kids ooze with "gayness" and in some schools end up getting beat up by bullies or otherwise hassled by school administrators on a regular basis. Then they refuse to go to school, period, 'cause they don't want to deal with the abuse.

The right way to fix this problem is to eliminate the abuse, but that's usually easier said than done. There's a private high school here in Dallas where they've got 30-something kids with horror stories to tell from their time in public school. The school district evidently tried to make life easier for these kids, but they can't watch over 'em all the time. Eventually, it became too much of a hassle for 'em, and they either refused to go back to public school, or pleaded for an alternative, or etc.

Pretty much, it's tough to be different, especially when you're an effeminate teenage boy in a hyper-macho environment. Hell, most of y'all know what it's like to be considered "strange" or "weird;" but you're able to fend for yourself if anyone gets too belligerant. Imagine some idiot pounding on you for being different (I've known gay guys who've gotten raped by straight guys--nothing more than sick abuse) and you NOT being able to defend yourself against 5 or 6 other guys.
    It happens.

Yeah, you'd think with enough security, the schools could keep problems like this from cropping up. I don't know why they've opted to segregate the gay kids; maybe they decided it would be cheaper to keep 'em in a safe place rather than risk getting sued for not adequately protecting the kids. I dunno. The whole thing sucks (figuratively speaking), and the solution isn't much to my liking either. But I'm sure the NYC school district is open to any good ideas anyone might come up with.
    --Tock

lilbull is offline Associate Member
    I just think it shouldn't be state funded. I think it should be a private school, and they should have to pay if they want to attend

Quote Originally Posted by lilbull
    I just think it shouldn't be state funded. I think it should be a private school, and they should have to pay if they want to attend
    ========================

I agree wholeheartedly . . .
    But if the school can't guarantee the kid's safety in school, then something else has to be done. Unfortunately, this plan is the best they can come up with.
    --Tock

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    this reminds me of a great story its along the lines of the mathew shepard murder

two guys went into a bar and a fag(gay guy) walks up and sits down next to em. He pulls out a wad of cash and the two straight guys decide to try and play him and take his cash because they wanted some money. They act gay and have a few drinks and invite the fag over to one of their houses. The fag goes into the bathroom at the house to use it about the time the guys decide to jump him so they wait outside the bathroom and the first guy takes a haymaker at the fag hits em square on the jaw and it didnt even phase the queer. The Fag says"there is 2 things i like one is sucking cock and the other is fighting and im good at both" He then proceeded to kick the straight guys asses and he left. Goes to show you never underestimate a FAG.

Everybody sees Gays as little skinny stick kids with bleached hair and a good sense of fashion. I think this liberal bullshit about them getting singled out in schools because they are gay is just that BULLSHIT. I live in wyoming one of the most conservative states in the union and if one of the two fags in my school got beat up because they were gay the kid who did it would be screwed. School systems you have to understand are so afraid of being sued they are the most politically correct places in the country. I as an athlete is pretty much has less rights than the weed smoker. The pot head can say whatever he wants but as soon as i get in his face or sit his ass down it looks as if the big bad football player is being a bully. Even if this was not the case people need to realize for every action there is an equal or oppostie reaction. In layman's terms If you act like a fag then expect to be treated like one. If you look like you hate everyone then expect everyone to hate you. Last but not least If you look and act like a snob then expect to be looked on as one.

thats my 2 cents

and please no liberal bullshit.( that is why america is so full of head in the clouds people today)

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    You do not have to be gay to enroll in the school. The school will be predominately gay. Straight students are welcome. Personally, I think it's a bad idea. Segregating the gay students from others isn't going to help their situation. The money they're going to spend running the school could be spent on teaching tolerance and acceptance for all students no matter their background or sexual preference.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    I hope that wealthy school districts continue to find ways to keep non-asian minorities from attending their stellar public schools, not so much because these "types" undoubtedly bring down the collective intellectualism of the whole, but to piss off some minorities as well.

If there money allows this than so be it. If it pisses some people off in doing so than that is the way it is. IMHO--upper class america has founds ways to segregate the poor for years. It is just the way it is, it is just then individual or "type" to find there way above it. If creating a school is one way for them, than so be it....

The gay community pushing the envelope for themselves in no different than blacks or women pushing the envelope for some "type" of equality or acceptance.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    Carlos, I agree.... insulating these kids will not help them to develop skills in the real world. Any person who has been raised "sheltered" I believe has a hard time adjusting to the reality of a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by gym sweat
    Carlos, I agree.... insulating these kids will not help them to develop skills in the real world. Any person who has been raised "sheltered" I believe has a hard time adjusting to the reality of a situation.
    I do agree to this , to some extent. Creating a school is not really segregating them from the whole world though. They have to come and go at some time of the day.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Silly faggots... dicks are for chicks!

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    AandF6969 i agree on the dicks 4 chicks and shit goes out not in . I was thinking the homosexual comity wants to be treated like regular people but a group of them go and pull this shit and create a negative stereotype for them all.
    Last edited by big daddy k de; 07-30-2003 at 12:45 AM.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    One should figure such a school would open in NY.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Next thing you know, they will have a GAY PARADE for the entire day.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    The next person who uses the words "fag" or "faggot" will have their membership privledges suspended!! They are derogatory terms and are no more acceptable then racial slurs!! You are entitled to your opinion and you can express that opinion, but only in a respectful mature manner!! Are we clear on this?!?!?

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    good going pete! I was wondering how long the hatin' would be going on. If you can't maturely express an opinion without purposely trying (or being too dense to realize that your) to insult/anger somebody, then GET OFF THIS BOARD! Remember, AR is for everybody straight, gay, white, black, yellow, (big)green, red(ketchup), whatever.

well maybe not nathan

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Next thing you know, they will have a GAY PARADE for the entire day.
    Umm... I think you're a little behind the times. All major cities have gay parades. NYC gay pride parade is one of the largest parades in the city.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Pete is on the money - feel free to comment on the desireablity or lack of it ofr such a school - but do so in a respectful manner - I personally do not agree with the public funding of small interest group agendas (can you imagine if there were a school, even privately funded, for "the greater advancement of the white race? or heterosexuals only? - the spineless liberals would have a fit) but there is no reason to be personally derogatory - the facts speak well enough on their own - and hate speech will get you booted from here

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Pete is on the money - feel free to comment on the desireablity or lack of it ofr such a school - but do so in a respectful manner -

====================================

Cool.

I personally do not agree with the public funding of small interest group agendas (can you imagine if there were a school, even privately funded, for "the greater advancement of the white race? or heterosexuals only? - the spineless liberals would have a fit) but there is no reason to be personally derogatory - the facts speak well enough on their own - and hate speech will get you booted from here

Cool.

It seems the reason for the seperate school is indeed because of the abuse the gay kids get from their peers. The Mayor of New York (a Republican, btw) said:

""I think everybody feels that it's a good idea because
    some of the kids who are gays and lesbians have been
    constantly harassed and beaten in other schools," Mayor
    Michael Bloomberg said at a briefing today. "It lets them
    get an education without having to worry. It solves a
    discipline problem. And from a pedagogical point of view,
    this administration — and previous administrations — have
    thought it was a good idea and we'll continue with that."

. I presume the school board had a choice between getting the abused kids away from the abusers and putting them into a good learning environment, or else send in police to keep the straight kids from beating up the gay kids.
    . If it was up to me, I'd have sent in the cops to ensure the kid's safety, and would beat the living shit out of any kid who hassled any other kid. Force the two groups to co-exist, if not to get along. But they didn't ask me, and opted for a segregated school.
    . I hardly think it's an example of "special rights" or "preferential treatment," though. First, from what I understand, any kid can go there. Second, the "special school" wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for the harrassment and physical assaults the straight kids were inflicting on the gay kids. Third, it'll be a lot cheaper to send a gay kid to this new school at a cost of $6000 a year instead of assigning a guard to him at a cost of $40,000 a year.

Yah, it's a mess . . . major group A beats up on minority group B, B asks for help, and gets criticisized for wanting "special rights." Both sides feel wronged. How fucking weird.
    --Tock

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information