Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Mental health awareness won’t stop shootings

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    so the school was unlocked, the pussy ass cops waited 40 plus minutes and we are using this to attack shit that would not of changed a thing.

we do not punish enough. half the country are pussies that actually care why someone did the crime and let scum off easy. no other country has a piece of shit system like ours. douglas cunt sits here in county jail why they decide if he will get death sentence. what the fuck, he did it, there is no question, he needs to die in public. let others see what happens, not that they get to go to jail and read fan mail for years.
    start killing these sick cunts.

keep blaming others and his shit only gets worse.
    almostgone, XnavyHMCS and Ernst like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I couldn’t agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    so the school was unlocked, the pussy ass cops waited 40 plus minutes and we are using this to attack shit that would not of changed a thing.

we do not punish enough. half the country are pussies that actually care why someone did the crime and let scum off easy. no other country has a piece of shit system like ours. douglas cunt sits here in county jail why they decide if he will get death sentence. what the fuck, he did it, there is no question, he needs to die in public. let others see what happens, not that they get to go to jail and read fan mail for years.

almostgone and XnavyHMCS like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just a quick drive by....no pun intended. I'm trying to wrap things up before some much needed time off.

We didn't have school shootings committed by children/students.....say 80 years ago. It was primarily adults shooting other adults.

Society in general doesn't hold life sacred nor do people in general respect each other the way they used to.

I place a HUGE amount of blame on parents that let their children get lost in the fantasy world of violent video games. These games do nothing but make entertainment out of violence, murder, theft, living the "thug" lifestyle, etc. Kids become deconditioned to whatever morals they may have had and embrace the violence and it becomes their new view of a "normal" society.

Sorry for the short choppy post, but I'm juggling more work than I should be.

Good thread, though. I'm enjoying it, just sorry I can't participate more at the moment.
    Yes this is a huge problem along with teachers afraid or not allowed to stop bullying. I would bet my house on if you checked all these kids were bullied at some point.
    almostgone and XnavyHMCS like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post

I'm a huge proponent of the death penalty.... particularly in cases of murder or rape.

Some toeople say it isn't a deterrent, but for the one that commuted the the crime, it's an awesome deterrent. They'll never do it again. As an added bonus, others will see that it and perhaps think twice before committing a crime.

Gotta run up the road for a bit. My first day of a week off and I have something I've got to do!!!
    Mooseman33, Ernst and XnavyHMCS like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Yes this is a huge problem along with teachers afraid or not allowed to stop bullying. I would bet my house on if you checked all these kids were bullied at some point.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all, buddy. It goes along with the whole "lack of respect" thing that so many people have lost. You know things aren't right when you hold the door for someone or some other common courtesy and they looked shocked and think it's a trick or a setup for a beating.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Hah......made that last post in between sliding on my shoes!!

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    The kid was definitely going to get the death penalty in Texas. He didn't go in there thinking he's going to get out. It was a murder-suicide. You can have the worst punishments, but someone who wants to die and wants to take people with them isn't going to care.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I believe most of the problem is at home.Both mom and dad working these kids have too much time on their hands.And the way these kids talk to their parents is shocking.Hell I seen it on tv the dad even turned around in the truck to look at his son.Heck I would've been slapped into the cheap seats grounded for a month.These kids now days are way out of line!

I was talking to my girl and she suggested something interesting. They should rotate police/military at schools. Have real trained personnel work for a couple of months, then rotate them out. Give these guys/gals some real weapons, not a freakin 9mm.
    almostgone, XnavyHMCS and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I was talking to my girl and she suggested something interesting. They should rotate police/military at schools. Have real trained personnel work for a couple of months, then rotate them out. Give these guys/gals some real weapons, not a freakin 9mm.
    Smart lady! It's definitely a common sense approach that sounds doable.
    A pistol and 3 mags would be plenty, but given the value of who they're protecting, I see no problem with them carrying a carbine/rifle.....say an AR style platform should be sufficient without jumping into a M4.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-27-2022 at 02:37 PM.
    XnavyHMCS and Test Monsterone like this.

LOL, I'm not going to derail the conversation and say where I went!!
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I believe most of the problem is at home.Both mom and dad working these kids have too much time on their hands.And the way these kids talk to their parents is shocking.Hell I seen it on tv the dad even turned around in the truck to look at his son.Heck I would've been slapped into the cheap seats grounded for a month.These kids now days are way out of line!
    I agree, discipline is severely lacking in many homes. Somewhere along the line people lumped discipline in with child abuse.

I live in a rural area out in the middle of a corn and hay fields.We have a big problem with meth heads breaking into homes.I have a shotgun by my bed just in case someone gets stupid.I live alone so I have no worries about it being family.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Banning guns isn't the answer there will always be a way to get them.
    Americans don't understand the unavailability of guns in other countries. It's like you've grown up with tap water piped into your house and so now you just can't comprehend that other countries have to walk to the well and fill a bucket and wall back home with it.

We don't have school shootings in the UK & Ireland simply because it's so difficult to get a gun.

I can't be too specific in telling this story, but 5 - 15 years ago I had an altercation with a drug dealer in my hometown. In the days and weeks afterward, I wanted to get a handgun, but of course I couldn't just walk into a shop and buy one in the UK/Ireland. So I started asking for contacts and making phone calls to try get a gun. When a person is looking for a gun in the UK/Ireland, people start talking. One person tells another person, and then another person tells another person, the news spreads fast. Before I had a chance to get a gun, my antagonist approached me in the centre of town trying to shake my hand -- he found out that I was looking for a gun before I had a chance to get one.

I can tell you a similar story about a former friend of mine who owed a drug debt; he started asking around for a gun, and soon afterward his antagonist phoned him and said "I hear you're trying to get a gun". The news travels fast.

If you haven't got some sort of connection to criminality in the UK/Ireland, then you can forget about getting a gun, you won't be taken seriously. They'll probably tell you to meet them with 5 grand in cash, and then when you show up at the location, they'll point the gun at you, take your money and tell you to fuck off. Something similar happened to a guy I went to school with, he showed up at a location with a product to sell, and his antagonists just took the product and got into their car and drove off.

The kinds of kids that are performing school shootings in the USA wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of acquiring a gun in the UK/Ireland.

The wife and I were sitting on the porch watching the storm clouds roll away discussing this massacre and she had virtually the same response as your girl.

Like me, she feels it costs what it costs. Put in some countermeasures to this insanity, sentence the ones that try this crap, and it will cease to happen.

It's not just firearms. Eliminating firearms (won't happen) will only push these types of minds into another method of doing the same thing; potentially on a larger scale.
    XnavyHMCS and Test Monsterone like this.

An interesting point of view from Elon Musk. He at least knows why we have the 2A and realizes its importance .

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp/techn...control-debate
    lovbyts likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Just a quick drive by....no pun intended. I'm trying to wrap things up before some much needed time off.

We didn't have school shootings committed by children/students.....say 80 years ago. It was primarily adults shooting other adults.

Society in general doesn't hold life sacred nor do people in general respect each other the way they used to.

I place a HUGE amount of blame on parents that let their children get lost in the fantasy world of violent video games. These games do nothing but make entertainment out of violence, murder, theft, living the "thug" lifestyle, etc. Kids become deconditioned to whatever morals they may have had and embrace the violence and it becomes their new view of a "normal" society.

Sorry for the short choppy post, but I'm juggling more work than I should be.

Good thread, though. I'm enjoying it, just sorry I can't participate more at the moment.

Life takes precedence, obviously, AG.

Thanks for doing your job of managing the unmanageable.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Eliminating firearms (won't happen) will only push these types of minds into another method of doing the same thing; potentially on a larger scale.
    Making a bomb is difficult. I have a little above average intelligence, but if I tried to make a bomb today, I wouldn't be confident that it would blow properly.

Also here in N. Ireland, they don't sell the grade of fertiliser that can be used in bombs (it's banned by law).

So since we don't have guns here then it would have to be an acid attack, or a bow and arrow, or a cross-bow -- which are still nowhere near the damage done by a school shooting.

I suppose we could try poising the communal pots at the school cafeteria though. For maximal fatalities it would have to be a slow-acting poison so that everyone finishes eating before the first person drops.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    An interesting point of view from Elon Musk. He at least knows why we have the 2A and realizes its importance .

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp/techn...control-debate
    He’s based in a state that can substantially increase the sales of his product. I’m thinking he’ll say or do what he needs to to cozy up to his perspective customers. I bet he’ll even add factory made compartments to hold those weapons as well, if it boosts sales in Texas. Don’t forget he’s in the solar business as well, ain’t there nice sunshine down there? He’s a billionaire for a reason and it ain’t his scruples.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

The irony in people saying that they want guns in case the government becomes tyrannical is that most of the people against better weapon laws voted for the guy who was trying to strong arm his way into a second election with lies, deception, and intimidation. If it wasn’t the same people who voted for a tyrant who also own most of the guns, I would say ok you have a point. Just kind of ironic how things happen. It’s like “we only want a fair election if we win.” They had these tards walking around with rifles to “make sure nobody is tampering with the voting process,” meanwhile they were just really trying to intimidate people to vote for tyrant baby. Y’all remember that? Pretty crazy. Isn’t the ultimate goal to protect democracy and the voting process? It seems like a lot of NRA guys like the Russian way. Vote strong ruler, make opponent bye bye, wrestle bear.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    He’s based in a state that can substantially increase the sales of his product. I’m thinking he’ll say or do what he needs to to cozy up to his perspective customers. I bet he’ll even add factory made compartments to hold those weapons as well, if it boosts sales in Texas. Don’t forget he’s in the solar business as well, ain’t there nice sunshine down there? He’s a billionaire for a reason and it ain’t his scruples.
    You miss my point, so I see no reason to reiterate it.

Edit: I'll just add that you immediately overlooked the fact that he proposed some relevant responses regarding gun control. You just went straight to the bashing of Elon Musk, which is fine. But you completely overlooked the remaining germane content.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-28-2022 at 03:08 PM.

The irony in people saying that they want guns in case the government becomes tyrannical is that most of the people against better weapon laws voted for the guy who was trying to strong arm his way into a second election with lies, deception, and intimidation. If it wasn’t the same people who voted for a tyrant who also own most of the guns, I would say ok you have a point. Just kind of ironic how things happen. It’s like “we only want a fair election if we win.” They had these tards walking around with rifles to “make sure nobody is tampering with the voting process,” meanwhile they were just really trying to intimidate people to vote for tyrant baby. Y’all remember that? Pretty crazy. Isn’t the ultimate goal to protect democracy and the voting process? It seems like a lot of NRA guys like the Russian way. Vote strong ruler, make opponent bye bye, wrestle bear.
    I won't even justify that with a response, lol. We're discussing the school massacre and now it's progressed into mud slinging about the elections?

C'mon man. You're better than that.
    XnavyHMCS, Cuz, Mooseman33 and 2 others like this.

You miss my point, so I see no reason to reiterate it.

Edit: I'll just add that you immediately overlooked the fact that he proposed some relevant responses regarding gun control. You just went straight to the bashing of Elon Musk, which is fine. But you completely overlooked the remaining germane content.

Interesting. You read with the intent not to understand information. Unusual, but ok.

BG, SampsonandDelilah and Cuz like this.

BG
    Here where I live nobody talks to nobody, let out in traffic not a nod. If things turn out good we are going to move north a little where the people are FloGrown, they are normal. Here they are all from all over the place with up north money, it makes them think they are better. It’s like a lower budget Hamptons, I fucking left to get away from it.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all, buddy. It goes along with the whole "lack of respect" thing that so many people have lost. You know things aren't right when you hold the door for someone or some other common courtesy and they looked shocked and think it's a trick or a setup for a beating.

BG
    Priceless my friend.
    Interesting. You read with the intent not to understand information. Unusual, but ok.

Not interested in information about guns from Musk. He needs more customers as his percentage of EV’s sold will drop as high end automobile makers are gaining steam & are more reliable.

Regarding Twitter, as I posted earlier, freedom of expression on sites like 2 Chan and Something Awful commenced the same time as Columbine. Those sites were bastions of proper manners & appropriate social interaction. I’m sure the addition of more will only serve our youth better in the years to come.

Not interested in information about guns from Musk. He needs more customers as his percentage of EV’s sold will drop as high end automobile makers are gaining steam & are more reliable.

Regarding Twitter, as I posted earlier, freedom of expression on sites like 2 Chan and Something Awful commenced the same time as Columbine. Those sites were bastions of proper manners & appropriate social interaction. I’m sure the addition of more will only serve our youth better in the years to come.
    Again, unusual, but ok. The whole thread was a discussion about the massacre, but you read with the intent not to understand, then make a post about the material you aren't interested in. That's fine. We've got plenty of storage.

You just don't like Elon Musk, which is fine. Not much of a contribution to the discussion, but.... anyway.
    BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Here where I live nobody talks to nobody, let out in traffic not a nod. If things turn out good we are going to move north a little where the people are FloGrown, they are normal. Here they are all from all over the place with up north money, it makes them think they are better. It’s like a lower budget Hamptons, I fucking left to get away from it.
    I absolutely understand that, buddy. A little common courtesy goes a long way towards a better life. Just the 45 miles or so I drive to work and it's a different world. People cut each other off in traffic, elderly people get treated poorly, it's just a rat race.

Again, unusual, but ok. The whole thread was a discussion about the massacre, but you read with the intent not to understand, then make a post about the material you aren't interested in. That's fine. We've got plenty of storage.

You just don't like Elon Musk, which is fine. Not much of a contribution to the discussion, but.... anyway.
    Did I say I didn’t “like” him? I made a shit load of $ from him, he was good in that regard as well as being a big influence to EVs. I just don’t have interest in his opinions about the constitution. Hell, I won’t even buy his cars.

Did you bring him up in a thread about school shootings? Tell me about the second amendment’s age restrictions on being armed. Is there one? If not why are we discussing it regarding an 18 year old, or other kids shooting other kids in schools?

Did I say I didn’t “like” him? I made a shit load of $ from him, he was good in that regard as well as being a big influence to EVs. I just don’t have interest in his opinions about the constitution. Hell, I won’t even buy his cars.

Did you bring him up in a thread about school shootings? Tell me about the second amendment’s age restrictions on being armed. Is there one? If not why are we discussing it regarding an 18 year old, or other kids shooting other kids in schools?
    If you had read the linked material, you would've read some proposals he made regarding gun control, background checks, age restrctions, etc. which in one of the main topics of this thread.
    But you aren't interested in reading it.

Here's one of the suggestions that Wango isn't interested in:

"How about a middle ground, where the licensing standard for semi-auto rifles is a driver’s license, age 21 and no rap sheet?" Musk responded. "Basically, what is a reasonable way to make it harder for people with homicidal impulses to obtain body count maximizing weapons?"

Edit: Changed name to Wango instead of old user name
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-28-2022 at 06:00 PM.

If you had read the linked material, you would've read some proposals he made regarding gun control, background checks, age restrctions, etc. which in one of the main topics of this thread.
    But you aren't interested in reading it.
    So you’re saying Musk is more knowledgeable than our forefathers? Did they specify 21 and a drivers license? Musk makes electric cars & rockets. He also has enough $ to solve tons of issues, but doesn’t. I don’t care what Musk suggests. He supports/builds cars that drive themselves safely - I get it, very smart dude w/a social conscience leading his decisions.

BTW, at 21, the part of the brain that deals with decisions regarding consequences isn’t fully developed. A purely arbitrary number, as is 18.

I won't even justify that with a response, lol. We're discussing the school massacre and now it's progressed into mud slinging about the elections?

C'mon man. You're better than that.
    People also forget WW2 one farmer said if we were allowed to have weapons there would've been a sniper in every silo.And yes the mudslinging needs to stop.
    SampsonandDelilah and lovbyts like this.

So you’re saying Musk is more knowledgeable than our forefathers? Did they specify 21 and a drivers license? Musk makes electric cars & rockets. He also has enough $ to solve tons of issues, but doesn’t. I don’t care what Musk suggests. He supports/builds cars that drive themselves safely - I get it, very smart dude w/a social conscience leading his decisions.

BTW, at 21, the part of the brain that deals with decisions regarding consequences isn’t fully developed. A purely arbitrary number, as is 18.
    No, you immediately said you weren't interested in Musk's suggestions regarding gun control nor did you intend to get the point.

If you're not interested in the discussion, don't care about suggestions regarding the discussion, and make a point of posting up that you don't care or intend to care about the relevant content, then it's pretty plain you are simply posting to stir up the pot.

You overlook that if the age to purchase long guns was raised to 21 years of age there would be a reduction in sales overall and less chance of this disaster happening again.

I never intended to get (or dispute) your point or the second amendment
    Pretty much said it yourself....

Now, back to Test Monsterone's and his girl's suggestion regarding rotating military or police through as school resource officers, I like the concept

We have a lot home from deployment and there is quite a pool of talent to draw from. Would I suggest just throwing them into the position? Absolutely not. A thorough evaluation would be mandatory along with training.

It would take more study/research, but it's a great point to include in a discussion regarding the issue.

Edit. Misspelled TM's username
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-28-2022 at 07:06 PM.

No, you immediately said you weren't interested in Musk's suggestions regarding gun control nor did you intend to get the point.

If you're not interested in the discussion, don't care about suggestions regarding the discussion, and make a point of posting up that you don't care or intend to care about the relevant content, then it's pretty plain you are simply posting to stir up the pot.

You overlook that if the age to purchase long guns was raised to 21 years of age there would be a reduction in sales overall and less chance of this disaster happening again.
    If I wasn’t interested in the discussion I wouldn’t post. Nah, I only was in a classroom for 20+ years and never contemplated the issue at all, just spit-balling here.

Stirring what pot? By disagreeing with what you said about Musk or what Musk himself states? Am I not allowed to express that here? OK, got it. I’ll post more neutrally.

What else does Musk propose as to solutions to our many issues? I’m all ears.

If I wasn’t interested in the discussion I wouldn’t post. Nah, I only was in a classroom for 20+ years and never contemplated the issue at all, just spit-balling here.

Stirring what pot? By disagreeing with what you said about Musk or what Musk himself states? Am I not allowed to express that here? OK, got it. I’ll post more neutrally.

What else does Musk propose as to solutions to our many issues? I’m all ears.
    1).Read the link. I ain't going to spoon-feed you!
    2). It wasn't the answer all of society's woes. It was points he suggested regarding a modification of our gun laws.

..and no, you are free to express yourself, it's just that as of late you have been more and more confrontational in quite a few threads

Period. End of story.
    Back to the thread.

1).Read the link. I ain't going to spoon-feed you!
    2). It wasn't the answer all of society's woes. It was points he suggested regarding a modification of our gun laws.

..and no, you are free to express yourself, it's just that as of late you have been more and more confrontational in quite a few threads

Period. End of story.
    Back to the thread.
    Thank you for the offer of the link, but as I have said, I’m not interested in Musk’s opinions regarding guns. Although I’m not aware of being confrontational in other threads, as I had just posted, I’ll be sure to be more neutral from this point on.

Have a great night.

• Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information