Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Mental health awareness won’t stop shootings

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I realise that I get ignored and derided a lot on this forum, but seriously does nobody here see my point about the physical availability of the instrument that propels the fucking bullet.

Can't find a gun = Can't shoot people

We don't have mass shootings in the UK and Ireland because people can't get a fucking gun.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    #1, stop making schools a prime target with Gun free zones. Why advertise? Over 90% of the shooting are in Gun free zones.
    Cuz and XnavyHMCS like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    People also forget WW2 one farmer said if we were allowed to have weapons there would've been a sniper in every silo.And yes the mudslinging needs to stop.
    Bingo. I like the “rifle behind every blade of grass” quote even if it wasnt legit its true!
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I realise that I get ignored and derided a lot on this forum, but seriously does nobody here see my point about the physical availability of the instrument that propels the fucking bullet.

We don't have mass shootings in the UK and Ireland because people can't get a fucking gun.
    Hey dude, the British already tried to disarm us once and failed. As sorry as our administration we have is now Dont compare us to the UK
    songdog and SampsonandDelilah like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member

It’s not happening here FK, in fact it will get worse. We also have parking lots at bars, lol.

Do you go to London a lot? Just saw a food show featuring the tremendous Italian food that they have there. Ironically the show is about food in Italy, but apparently it’s so good in London, they had to film an episode there. I prefer death by prosciutto and burrata.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    No your boy just talks people into killings themselves……..wanker.
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    It’s not happening here FK, in fact it will get worse. We also have parking lots at bars, lol.

Do you go to London a lot? Just saw a food show featuring the tremendous Italian food that they have there. Ironically the show is about food in Italy, but apparently it’s so good in London, they had to film an episode there. I prefer death by prosciutto and burrata.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    I realise that I get ignored and derided a lot on this forum
    Funniest shit I’ve read in a long time. Try reading your post out loud to somebody that doesn’t know you and remember you talked somebody into killing them selves who the fuck are you to talk?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Funniest shit I’ve read in a long time. Try reading your post out loud to somebody that doesn’t know you and remember you talked somebody into killing them selves who the fuck are you to talk?
    Timeline and context are important here, as is the behaviour of a person in a position of power who should set a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post

As I said, just getting worse FK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -458d6840-0cad-4cd6-bb08-1021bac6f8aa.jpeg  

BG
    Timeline and context are important here, as is the behaviour of a person in a position of power who should set a good example.
    truth is truth........dont try to be normal when it suits you and make ever here deal with your crazy shit.
    lovbyts and SampsonandDelilah like this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I won't even justify that with a response, lol. We're discussing the school massacre and now it's progressed into mud slinging about the elections?

C'mon man. You're better than that.
    Ugh... No he isn't... (I was just waiting and watching for this to unfold...

"Lookout reports locked thread, on the horizon"...

(No offense TM, you are a great contributor, and I have mega respect for you brother)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Bingo. I like the “rifle behind every blade of grass” quote even if it wasnt legit its true!
    Somebody will have to check it, but I recall seeing a stat that listed the American good'ol boy, as ranking inside the top 5 armies (calculation appeared to be based on number of potential rifles which could be fielded. combine that with the inevitable reality that the American armed forces would open the doors to the armories in a national emergency / foreign invasion... that's a lot of firepower, with home field advantage.) in the world...

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Ugh... No he isn't... (I was just waiting and watching for this to unfold...

"Lookout reports locked thread, on the horizon"...

(No offense TM, you are a great contributor, and I have mega respect for you brother)
    I’m only stating facts. This is all related. When you break it down, there is no reason regular people should be able to buy assault rifles… the only reason any of you can come up with is that you want to protect yourself against other people with assault rifles (which makes no sense), or that you want to protect yourself against a tyrannical government. But you voted for a wanna be tyrant that praised every other tyrant in the world and stood against every other leader of a free country. I’m not saying you or anyone on this forum thinks like this, but that’s what it comes down to. It’s a discrepancy of logic, it makes no sense. If you’re so patriotic and want to protect the constitution, then start by voting for people who will protect the constitution, not shit all over it.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Think about how messed up the system is if the tax dollars we pay to protect us doesn’t even grant us protection. We have made access to deadly weapons so easy that our own law enforcement agencies cannot protect us from ourselves. Those kids were murdered one by one in that classroom because cops were afraid to enter. Why are cops walking around with a 9mm on their hips if the bad guys can get AR-15s?

I don’t fear the government turning on us, we are the government. I elect people that have the good of the people in mind and protect our freedoms. I pay taxes so that the law enforcement agencies and military do their jobs, and I’ll do mine. I don’t need any civilian to protect me with their assault rifles. Where were all the “good guys with guns” in that classroom?

So now the solution is to arm every citizen because god knows our law enforcement agencies won’t protect us. On top of that, let’s militarize every school or public venue in case a domestic terrorist decides today is the day. Let’s make it so that every where you go, a library, a grocery store, a movie theatre, you have to get padded down and checked for weapons, all in the name of protecting our freedom. Where is the freedom in that? I pay the military and law enforcement agencies to protect our freedom, not Billy down the street.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    maybe we actually hold people accountable and punish them.

fucking teacher pretty much invited him in.

we need to have armed protection at schools. Every teacher that wants to carry should be allowed with proper training, and I mean real life shit, no classroom training.

and Prox, i dont care u taught for however long, please ignore this comment, i really hate reading what u type.
    almostgone and lovbyts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Think about how messed up the system is if the tax dollars we pay to protect us doesn’t even grant us protection. We have made access to deadly weapons so easy that our own law enforcement agencies cannot protect us from ourselves. Those kids were murdered one by one in that classroom because cops were afraid to enter. Why are cops walking around with a 9mm on their hips if the bad guys can get AR-15s?

I don’t fear the government turning on us, we are the government. I elect people that have the good of the people in mind and protect our freedoms. I pay taxes so that the law enforcement agencies and military do their jobs, and I’ll do mine. I don’t need any civilian to protect me with their assault rifles. Where were all the “good guys with guns” in that classroom?

So now the solution is to arm every citizen because god knows our law enforcement agencies won’t protect us. On top of that, let’s militarize every school or public venue in case a domestic terrorist decides today is the day. Let’s make it so that every where you go, a library, a grocery store, a movie theatre, you have to get padded down and checked for weapons, all in the name of protecting our freedom. Where is the freedom in that? I pay the military and law enforcement agencies to protect our freedom, not Billy down the street.

where do u live "fantasy land"

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well I been a gun owner all my life.I have no use for a assault weapon.BUT I should be able to own one.And lets get off the topic of bashing people for who they voted for this was already said once.
    Last edited by songdog; 05-30-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I’m only stating facts. This is all related. When you break it down, there is no reason regular people should be able to buy assault rifles… the only reason any of you can come up with is that you want to protect yourself against other people with assault rifles (which makes no sense), or that you want to protect yourself against a tyrannical government. But you voted for a wanna be tyrant that praised every other tyrant in the world and stood against every other leader of a free country. I’m not saying you or anyone on this forum thinks like this, but that’s what it comes down to. It’s a discrepancy of logic, it makes no sense. If you’re so patriotic and want to protect the constitution, then start by voting for people who will protect the constitution, not shit all over it.
    What's an "assault rifle?" That's just some buzzword people use to backdoor in laws that violate the 2nd Amendment. So how can you "vote for people who will protect the Constitution," when by doing so means they will introduce legislation that violates that document? And by the way, that orange retard you were alluding to violated people's 2nd Amendment more often than Barry Bathhouse did (and Barry was anti 2nd Amendment).

If you get rid of the guns, the people looking to kill will just use knives or improvised explosives like they do in London. The only thing you'll do by banning guns is disarm the law abiding citizens. I suggest if you don't want your kids getting killed in school, you should just not allow them to attend those indoctrination camps. You probably shouldn't have them there to begin with.

I don't participate in the "democratic" system as I know it's a sham. Every "choice" you get is somebody selected by the same small group of people (we can call them "globalists" since that is the more palatable euphemism for them) and that includes Donny Dipshit. T

Rot-Iron66 is offline New Member
    Same in Australia, I guess laws don’t work.
    Aussie's are depressed that they gave up their guns to a tyrannical govt.
    Folks are now bullied/arrested just for walking outside during the fake pandemic.

Not a good solution. 2A was created to be protected by Tyranny.
    Shipping over 10G guns to Ukraine, Libtards cheered.

Insane bunch of kvnts these woke libz...

Quote Originally Posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    Aussie's are depressed that they gave up their guns to a tyrannical govt.
    Folks are now bullied/arrested just for walking outside during the fake pandemic.

Not a good solution. 2A was created to be protected by Tyranny.
    Shipping over 10G guns to Ukraine, Libtards cheered.

Insane bunch of kvnts these woke libz...
    Oh and just wait until the shooting stops in Ukraine, and these literal weapons of war find their way into the hands of terrorists and the like...

If my memory serves me correctly, the ISIS militants who shot up Paris several years ago; all of their weapons could be traced back to ex-Yugoslav armories...

I just woke up here, in Poland, and the title on my newsfeed says that there has been ANOTHER mass shooting (apparently in some medical center...) in the States.

I find it harder and harder to justify 2A, as society stands today. It is becoming more difficult for me to use the rational that "guns don't kill people, people kill people"... I have lived on both ends of the spectrum: lifetime NRA card holder. "right-wing gun-nut", in possession of a firearms permit in both France and Poland. I have not seen both sides of the coin, I am living it.

Something needs to be done.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh and just wait until the shooting stops in Ukraine, and these literal weapons of war find their way into the hands of terrorists and the like...

If my memory serves me correctly, the ISIS militants who shot up Paris several years ago; all of their weapons could be traced back to ex-Yugoslav armories...

I just woke up here, in Poland, and the title on my newsfeed says that there has been ANOTHER mass shooting (apparently in some medical center...) in the States.

I find it harder and harder to justify 2A, as society stands today. It is becoming more difficult for me to use the rational that "guns don't kill people, people kill people"... I have lived on both ends of the spectrum: lifetime NRA card holder. "right-wing gun-nut", in possession of a firearms permit in both France and Poland. I have not seen both sides of the coin, I am living it.

Something needs to be done.

Agreed. Something has to be done, enough is enough.

I will say this and only this, the fucking media coverage needs to end. You wanna ratify the 2nd amendment? Then we need to ratify free speech and freedom of the press as well. Social media and 24/7 news coverage is doing nothing but igniting the evil that lies in wait. We are inundated with this shit and it’s become a twisted carnal pleasure the way that drum is beaten. Do we need to be kept in the dark? No.
    Do we need to abolish ownership of all firearms? Nope (and good luck)

The 2nd helps protect the 1st, so ratify them both and take it out of the collective conscious of the world right now. I can’t for the life of me understand how people don’t see the correlation and the desire to outdo and copycat….shit, these whack jobs write about each other and how they’re inspired….all thanks to our other fucking “personal freedoms”.

Take it out of Hollywood too. So sick of seeing Matt Damon play Jason Bourn and then weigh in on gun control and how out of control it is. Are you fucking kidding me?
    It’s entrenched in our society and it’s being played up every day…shit, here WE are talking about it on a fucking bodybuilding forum.

It’s beaten into our heads and if you don’t think millions upon millions of dollars are being made by getting you to “tune in” or “click here”, your head is in the sand.

You wanna fix it? Fix it all…

We are nation born of the gun…we celebrate the Wild West and the founding fathers, the greatest generation, our Nam vets, desert storm, it’s in us. So take it out of the culture too, outlawing “assault weapons” isn’t going to fix it. 80 million guns have been sold in the last 4 years alone. You will never get them all…can we slow it down and make it more difficult, hell yes. Do we need to? Absofuckinglutely, but don’t be so myopic as to think that’s going to solve the problem. Remember, whatever you think on this stance, half of the country thinks the polar opposite. It’s going to take a great amount of change and maybe enough fucking kids and innocent bystanders have been slaughtered that we do something about it.

I’m skeptical because there is just too much money at stake and green comes before red.

Fuck. I’m so tired of this shit. I’m probably the biggest gun nut here. I’m over it, but just don’t see it getting better until we address the other issues as well. Fuck the media…
    XnavyHMCS, Cuz and almostgone like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Agreed. Something has to be done, enough is enough.

I will say this and only this, the fucking media coverage needs to end. You wanna ratify the 2nd amendment? Then we need to ratify free speech and freedom of the press as well. Social media and 24/7 news coverage is doing nothing but igniting the evil that lies in wait. We are inundated with this shit and it’s become a twisted carnal pleasure the way that drum is beaten. Do we need to be kept in the dark? No.
    Do we need to abolish ownership of all firearms? Nope (and good luck)

The 2nd helps protect the 1st, so ratify them both and take it out of the collective conscious of the world right now. I can’t for the life of me understand how people don’t see the correlation and the desire to outdo and copycat….shit, these whack jobs write about each other and how they’re inspired….all thanks to our other fucking “personal freedoms”.

Take it out of Hollywood too. So sick of seeing Matt Damon play Jason Bourn and then weigh in on gun control and how out of control it is. Are you fucking kidding me?
    It’s entrenched in our society and it’s being played up every day…shit, here WE are talking about it on a fucking bodybuilding forum.

It’s beaten into our heads and if you don’t think millions upon millions of dollars are being made by getting you to “tune in” or “click here”, your head is in the sand.

You wanna fix it? Fix it all…

We are nation born of the gun…we celebrate the Wild West and the founding fathers, the greatest generation, our Nam vets, desert storm, it’s in us. So take it out of the culture too, outlawing “assault weapons” isn’t going to fix it. 80 million guns have been sold in the last 4 years alone. You will never get them all…can we slow it down and make it more difficult, hell yes. Do we need to? Absofuckinglutely, but don’t be so myopic as to think that’s going to solve the problem. Remember, whatever you think on this stance, half of the country thinks the polar opposite. It’s going to take a great amount of change and maybe enough fucking kids and innocent bystanders have been slaughtered that we do something about it.

I’m skeptical because there is just too much money at stake and green comes before red.

Fuck. I’m so tired of this shit. I’m probably the biggest gun nut here. I’m over it, but just don’t see it getting better until we address the other issues as well. Fuck the media…
    A true honest post i fully agree

They’re saying the medical office shooter bought the AR-15 hours before committing the murders. Didn’t even need to practice. I wonder if he could have researched, resourced, built, and detonated a bomb in that much time. I guess he could have gone in there swinging a knife, though knife wounds are generally less destructive than gunshot wounds that penetrate flesh and bone. You can usually fight off or run away from a knife attacker, but not so much from a guy shooting 120 rounds a minute.

Hand gun would have sufficed in close quarters with a decent accuracy. I’ve shot a 380 from 20 feet away and if I didn’t concentrate, I didn’t even hit the paper.
    Last edited by Test Monsterone; 06-02-2022 at 09:48 PM.

They’re saying the medical office shooter bought the AR-15 hours before committing the murders. Didn’t even need to practice. I wonder if he could have researched, resourced, built, and detonated a bomb in that much time. I guess he could have gone in there swinging a knife, though knife wounds are generally less destructive than gunshot wounds that penetrate flesh and bone. You can usually fight off or run away from a knife attacker, but not so much from a guy shooting 120 rounds a second.

Hand gun would have sufficed in close quarters with a decent accuracy. I’ve shot a 380 from 20 feet away and if I didn’t concentrate, I didn’t even hit the paper.
    The shooter didn't need to practice; let's call it, "on the job training".

TM, brother; you bring up very salient points, I am with you on a lot of this...
    Test Monsterone likes this.

The shooter didn't need to practice; let's call it, "on the job training".

TM, brother; you bring up very salient points, I am with you on a lot of this...
    I know my people out there see all this stuff on the news. Are you seeing it in Poland? They seem to think we shoot at each other on a regular basis and that we all sit down around the dinner table every night with a 3 course meal prepared.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

The Tulsa shooting is clearly an indication that our medical/health profession is at fault. If the surgeon had done his job effectively (of which he was well compensated for, arguably overcompensated) then this tragedy would have been avoided. Due to his “botched” surgery, the shooter had no choice but to choose a weapon that would require minimal strain on his back which was not adequately treated by his surgeon. Knives, bats, etc. would not be possible due to the pain. I’m thinking even a pump action shotgun would be an ordeal. Having treated patients such as these & having experienced back problems myself, activating your core to stabilize your trunk adequately in order to aim a pistol would be unlikely. The shooter chose his weapon due to his circumstances. Had that gun not been available, he would have had to turn to arson, in which more lives (and property) would have been lost.

The beat goes on, the wheel in the sky keeps turning . . . .

At least it’s Summer vacation in most school districts. I don’t believe there have been school shootings during Summer school, so that’s a blessing at least.

Added: and just like that, a neighboring community’s schools are in lockdown - for a roaming mountain lion of all things. Didn’t see that coming.
    Last edited by wango; 06-03-2022 at 08:51 AM.
    XnavyHMCS and Test Monsterone like this.

Exactly, Wango. Also keep in mind, if the Dr., nurse, office manager, and patients in the waiting room would have been armed, NONE of this would have happened. The solution clearly is to rid the world of all its problems so that nobody has a reason to commit a mass shooting. We can start with equal pay for everyone (communism, *wink* *wink*), no more back pain with a bionic back, 12” wieners for everyone, no more child abuse by 24/7 armed guards in all children’s bedrooms, no more bullying by including a Tek-9 with each social studies book, and a NRA lobbyist in every public office. These are REAL solutions. Not that phony political liberal crap about facts and statistics.
    wango likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    They’re saying the medical office shooter bought the AR-15 hours before committing the murders. Didn’t even need to practice. I wonder if he could have researched, resourced, built, and detonated a bomb in that much time. I guess he could have gone in there swinging a knife, though knife wounds are generally less destructive than gunshot wounds that penetrate flesh and bone. You can usually fight off or run away from a knife attacker, but not so much from a guy shooting 120 rounds a minute.

Cut your rate of fire in half and you'll be getting closer to a more accurate rate of fire (at best). If they had a bump stock or lightning link, auto sear, then it's a different ballgame.

It's certainly less than your original post of 120 rounds/second. Yes, it's still visible because someone quoted you.

Edit: Time yourself pulling and releasing a trigger 120 times a minute. That's a half second per trigger pull, disconnector locking the trigger system, bolt carrier stripping off the next round, bolt carrier group going into battery, acquiring the next target, and repeating the process. With a 30 round magazine to start, that's still 3 mag changes, 3 times smacking the bolt release, and acquiring the next target.
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-03-2022 at 09:54 AM.
    Test Monsterone and XnavyHMCS like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Exactly, Wango. Also keep in mind, if the Dr., nurse, office manager, and patients in the waiting room would have been armed, NONE of this would have happened. The solution clearly is to rid the world of all its problems so that nobody has a reason to commit a mass shooting. We can start with equal pay for everyone (communism, *wink* *wink*), no more back pain with a bionic back, 12” wieners for everyone, no more child abuse by 24/7 armed guards in all children’s bedrooms, no more bullying by including a Tek-9 with each social studies book, and a NRA lobbyist in every public office. These are REAL solutions. Not that phony political liberal crap about facts and statistics.
    LMAO.

Honestly, and this isn’t really a joking matter, I think society has surpassed a threshold and at least here, in the USA, I feel it’s beyond repair.

Regarding guns, there are simply too many out there - to the point where arming everyone and everywhere is actually a logical solution. Not necessarily the correct one, but due to current circumstances, the necessary one.

We have armed security at our larger medical facilities that can afford it and in the ER, the receptionist sits behind bullet proof glass.

Just bought some pot gummies with my wife the other day - let me tell you, that place was secure (and smelled damn good).

Cut your rate of fire in half and you'll be getting closer to a more accurate rate of fire (at best). If they had a bump stock or lightning link, auto sear, then it's a different ballgame.

It's certainly less than your original post of 120 rounds/second. Yes, it's still visible because someone quoted you.

Edit: Time yourself pulling and releasing a trigger 120 times a minute. That's a half second per trigger pull, disconnector locking the trigger system, bolt carrier stripping off the next round, bolt carrier group going into battery, acquiring the next target, and repeating the process. With a 30 round magazine to start, that's still 3 mag changes, 3 times smacking the bolt release, and acquiring the next target.
    I meant minute, that’s why I changed it. I’m not that liberal lol.
    almostgone likes this.

On average, 45 rounds per minute is a pretty decent for someone competent with the AR-15 platform to acquire, shoot, move,, and acquire another target....and that's hustling.

You notice everyone knocks the AR platforms, but they don't knock a Ruger Mini-14. It has the exact same capabilities....the Ruger Mini-30 is very close with an even heavier cartridge, 7.62 x 39. The infamous AK-47 / SKS round.

I'm not irritated with you, Test. I always enjoy the conversation, whether we disagree or not.

I just get so frustrated with the media that puts out all kinds of inaccurate info. They turn the AR-15 platform into a M4 and call them assault weapons....weapons of war.
    As someone that spent a good bit of their younger years with the M1911A1, M9, M16/M4, M60, M240, and M249 systems, it just ticks me off to see bum data/headlines that the media uses to increase sales. Hell, @ 20 I was learning to set headspace and timing on a M2. It was one of an E-5's common core tasks

I do think there are some changes needed. I think 21 is a reasonable age requirement to purchase rifles and pistols. 18 years old for shotguns.

You'll have some that say people aren't mature until 25 years..If that's the case, how in the hell can they be mature enough to drive. If someone is old enough to vote @ 18, join the military @ 17 (w/ a parents signature), and handle weapons in the military, then the 25 year old claim is just ridiculous.

Again, not frustrated with you TM, just frustrated by bad data that people see and take as gospel.
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-03-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

......and it's that time again. Going to be a looong shift. At least 14 hours....gotta load up the lunch bucket!!

On average, 45 rounds per minute is a pretty decent for someone competent with the AR-15 platform to acquire, shoot, move,, and acquire another target....and that's hustling.

You notice everyone knocks the AR platforms, but they don't knock a Ruger Mini-14. It has the exact same capabilities....the Ruger Mini-30 is very close with an even heavier cartridge, 7.62 x 39. The infamous AK-47 / SKS round.

I'm not irritated with you, Test. I always enjoy the conversation, whether we disagree or not.

I just get so frustrated with the media that puts out all kinds of inaccurate info. They turn the AR-15 platform into a M4 and call them assault weapons....weapons of war.
    As someone that spent a good bit of their younger years with the M1911A1, M9, M16/M4, M60, M240, and M249 systems, it just ticks me off to see bum data/headlines that the media uses to increase sales. Hell, @ 20 I was learning to set headspace and timing on a M2. It was one of an E-5's common core tasks

I do think there are some changes needed. I think 21 is a reasonable age requirement to purchase rifles and pistols. 18 years old for shotguns.

You'll have some that say people aren't mature until 25 years..If that's the case, how in the hell can they be mature enough to drive. If someone is old enough to vote @ 18, join the military @ 17 (w/ a parents signature), and handle weapons in the military, then the 25 year old claim is just ridiculous.

Again, not frustrated with you TM, just frustrated by bad data that people see and take as gospel.
    Thank you, and I hate to be the contrarian on this issue or others. I would say your suggestion to raise the age limit to 21 would be a good start, along with more background checks. I think New Jersey requires people to have 2 co-signers that approve of them getting a weapon when submitting the application. That’s not a bad idea, although a shithead can always find two other shitheads to vouch for him. At the very least, the 3 years from 18-21 will give these vengeful lone-wolf types time to calm down a bit (both mentally and hormonally), and give them some distance between school and the real world. At those ages kids think that school and what their peers think is everything. A couple of years after hs, and nobody really gives a damn.
    almostgone and XnavyHMCS like this.

One thing about this country.No one wants to be told wat to do.BUT they want to tell others wat to do.Shame if everyone mind their biz and quit worrying about the other person things would be just fine.

One thing about this country.No one wants to be told wat to do.BUT they want to tell others wat to do.Shame if everyone mind their biz and quit worrying about the other person things would be just fine.

Thank you, and I hate to be the contrarian on this issue or others. I would say your suggestion to raise the age limit to 21 would be a good start, along with more background checks. I think New Jersey requires people to have 2 co-signers that approve of them getting a weapon when submitting the application. That’s not a bad idea, although a shithead can always find two other shitheads to vouch for him. At the very least, the 3 years from 18-21 will give these vengeful lone-wolf types time to calm down a bit (both mentally and hormonally), and give them some distance between school and the real world. At those ages kids think that school and what their peers think is everything. A couple of years after hs, and nobody really gives a damn.
    LOL, just because we disagree doesn't mean your point of view is any worse/better than mine. You're not a "contrarian". It's a discussion.

My sister-in-law has a different view of firearms than I, but she's still my sister-in-law and I wouldn't have it any other way. Have I slowly changed her thought somewhat? Yes. She used to think my AR-15s had the same capabilities as M-4s. She used to think MAK-90 was the same as an AK.

On the flip side, I always tell her when I'm carrying before I enter her house. If her grandson is there and it makes her uncomfortable, I'll secure my pistol and mags in the truck.

It kind of circles back to the beginning of the thread right after I swore I had no time to post.

Many people don't respect each other or value human life in the way that used to be common.

Again, I feel a HUGE amount of the burden falls on the feet of the parents/guardians and those damn video games.

WTF.....you get points for beating up an old lady....stealing a car ..holding up a liquor store.....shooting cops. When that kind of drivel is "entertainment" for children, what kind of outcome should people expect?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I can see where the video games have an influence on kids but i cant justify that is the reason these godamn mfers murder innocent people. Reason i say that is bc im 37 and still play gta5 kill people for fun in the video game, played all kinds of gore games in my childhood matter of fact delta force and tom clancys rainbow six were my two favorite games for PC.

So I mean like said video games influence these kids but there is still something in the brain that is just missing when it comes to these murderers. Brain function is what i turn to. These cold blooded killers should be studied autopsied whatever

Taking guns is not the answer. Why disarm a nation of 99.9% law abiding gun owners? I personally am for more security. Gun free zones dont work, you know why? Criminals dont obey the law

Is not a bad idea, it could be one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. How can we get serious about any changes when we suggest 2 people need to vouch for u to buy a gun. just plain fucking stupid.

I do agree with raising the age to 21 for rifles.

real problems need real solutions and anything that comes from New Jersey will never be a solution. 2 people to sign form, fucking hilarious
    songdog and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I can see where the video games have an influence on kids but i cant justify that is the reason these godamn mfers murder innocent people. Reason i say that is bc im 37 and still play gta5 kill people for fun in the video game, played all kinds of gore games in my childhood matter of fact delta force and tom clancys rainbow six were my two favorite games for PC.

So I mean like said video games influence these kids but there is still something in the brain that is just missing when it comes to these murderers. Brain function is what i turn to. These cold blooded killers should be studied autopsied whatever

Taking guns is not the answer. Why disarm a nation of 99.9% law abiding gun owners? I personally am for more security. Gun free zones dont work, you know why? Criminals dont obey the law
    I played Rainbow Six Rogue Spear forever, was also one of the first online games I played on the PC.

I agree that it can't be down to just this. I think it's the lack of real connections between people, a lack of community. People think that because we have cell phones and social media we are connected - that's the worst kind of connection. People need to feel like they belong to something and that they matter. We're all just anonymous people on the internet now, comparing ourselves to false idols. I always had the best experiences when there was no cell phones or social media, just real connections. People now rate themselves on how many followers they have. My utopia would be no more social media. Then we could get back to being social again.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I played Rainbow Six Rogue Spear forever, was also one of the first online games I played on the PC.

I agree that it can't be down to just this. I think it's the lack of real connections between people, a lack of community. People think that because we have cell phones and social media we are connected - that's the worst kind of connection. People need to feel like they belong to something and that they matter. We're all just anonymous people on the internet now, comparing ourselves to false idols. I always had the best experiences when there was no cell phones or social media, just real connections. People now rate themselves on how many followers they have. My utopia would be no more social media. Then we could get back to being social again.

FFS, I finally agree with you on something
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information