Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Free Brittney Griner...!!!

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member

Free Brittney Griner...!!!

Poor unfortunate girl; railroaded by a foreign govt. (Russia to boot)...!!! She is such an unfortunate victim, in this miscarriage of justice... It keeps me awake at night; the knowledge that this "remarkable" "patriotic" proud symbol of American athleticism could be so unjustly imprisoned...!!!

OK gents; enough of the bullshiting. I bet I had you guys for a minute there; didn't I... You guys were thinking, "What the fuck has Xnavy been smoking?"... In all honesty, I have no sympathy for her; none whatsoever. She took the risk; hell, I've done the same. Every country has it's own set of laws, and as travelers, we are responsible for knowing what we can and cannot bring into a foreign country. For all I care; she can enjoy her "petite sejour" in a Russian penal institution. She will quickly find out, if she hasn't already; she can't effectively play the race card or the LGBTQ+ card in Russia... And if there is a trade to secure her release; I wonder if she will be more inclined to stand for the National Anthem at her WNBA games, here in the USA...??? Hell, she is not the only American behind bars in Russia; at least one of them, for nearly the same charges. There is the ex-Marine (included in the suggested trade), there is a university teacher who was working in Russia for like 10 yrs, who had an Am. prescription for medical marijuana, and was bringing it into the country, and a last guy, who went there to get his kids from his Russian ex-wife, and she called the cops, and they put him in jail... These last two have been all but forgotten and definitely excluded from any trade... WTF...??? All in all; don't do the crime, if you can't do the time...
    Cuz, Cylon357, Ol_Wolf and 3 others like this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Poor unfortunate girl; railroaded by a foreign govt. (Russia to boot)...!!! She is such an unfortunate victim, in this miscarriage of justice... It keeps me awake at night; the knowledge that this "remarkable" "patriotic" proud symbol of American athleticism could be so unjustly imprisoned...!!!

OK gents; enough of the bullshiting. I bet I had you guys for a minute there; didn't I... You guys were thinking, "What the fuck has Xnavy been smoking?"... In all honesty, I have no sympathy for her; none whatsoever. She took the risk; hell, I've done the same. Every country has it's own set of laws, and as travelers, we are responsible for knowing what we can and cannot bring into a foreign country. For all I care; she can enjoy her "petite sejour" in a Russian penal institution. She will quickly find out, if she hasn't already; she can't effectively play the race card or the LGBTQ+ card in Russia... And if there is a trade to secure her release; I wonder if she will be more inclined to stand for the National Anthem at her WNBA games, here in the USA...??? Hell, she is not the only American behind bars in Russia; at least one of them, for nearly the same charges. There is the ex-Marine (included in the suggested trade), there is a university teacher who was working in Russia for like 10 yrs, who had an Am. prescription for medical marijuana, and was bringing it into the country, and a last guy, who went there to get his kids from his Russian ex-wife, and she called the cops, and they put him in jail... These last two have been all but forgotten and definitely excluded from any trade... WTF...??? All in all; don't do the crime, if you can't do the time...
    I think 9 years of prison there will do her some good. I think we're all tired of hearing about this. She chose to bring drugs there knowing they have laws against it and they're serious about enforcing it. It's all on her.
    XnavyHMCS, songdog, Testie and 1 others like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Been saying this since day one. As well, I had wished they left the UCLA basketball players stay stuck in China after shoplifting and go through the trial and jail-time. Don’t get me started on Deshaun Watson getting almost a quarter of a billion Dollars reward for molesting over 20 women.
    XnavyHMCS, Honkey_Kong and lovbyts like this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Russia, the upholder of values and morals that invade other countries and murder innocent people, jail/poison/murder their own people… sentences someone for 9 years over some weed, when they sentence murderers for even less… incredible. What a wonderful country. Someone in Russia please capture and torture that evil piece of shit Putin. Make him eat shit for the rest of his life. You have no sympathy for a clueless college basketball player, I have no sympathy for a tyrannical government and those that enforce their beliefs. Fuck Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Russia, the upholder of values and morals that invade other countries and murder innocent people, jail/poison/murder their own people… sentences someone for 9 years over some weed, when they sentence murderers for even less… incredible. What a wonderful country. Someone in Russia please capture and torture that evil piece of shit Putin. Make him eat shit for the rest of his life. You have no sympathy for a clueless college basketball player, I have no sympathy for a tyrannical government and those that enforce their beliefs. Fuck Russia.
    Griner is a millionaire professional basketball player, that having been on Olympic teams should be well aware of the protocols of traveling to other countries.

The “clueless” basketball players from UCLA shoplifted at a high end Louis Vuitton store (not a candy bar from 7-11). One of those players was another Ball brother who now is playing in the developmental league for the NBA. His other 2 brothers are mega-stars in the NBA with massive contracts and their father played in the NBA as well. I personally would replace “clueless” with “arrogant & empowered”. So by your logic we have full rights to travel to these less than moral countries other than our own & freely break their laws, because they are a-holes & then criticize them for how they hand down their sentence?

A fantastic and brilliant movie before your time (1978) called “Midnight Express” based somewhat on a true story about abuse in a foreign prison and the horrors he faced there before escaping would be worth your feelings of sympathy for dumb-ass drug offenders in foreign countries
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Ol_Wolf is offline Junior Member
    Maybe all the snow flakes should go to Russia and have a rally against the injustice there and stop crying because someone used the wrong pronoun when talking about them.

Any trade for her, if it includes the others or not, is just a demonstration that our government does not care for all citizens equally. Athletes, singers, and movie stars get special treatment. Granted I've never heard of anyone dying from not watching a movie or a particular game. Granted I've heard of lots of people dying when they don't have power in super heat waives or sub-zero degree weather. Maybe we should pay linemen and power plant workers like we do movie stars, singers, and athletes and then pay athletes, movie stars, and singers like we do linemen.
    XnavyHMCS, wango and redz like this.

Hey there TM, I would ague with the adjective "clueless" here...

Countries have laws which are vastly different from our own imperfect justice system. I am not up to speed on your travel history, but anytime I went abroad, I knew the risks...

In my view, she is an entitled, unpatriotic POS. Your opinion, as I am without diubt that you feel the same about mine, means absolutely nothing to me...

I did read that her contract playing basketball in Russia paid somewhere in the area of a million dollars a year... Which literally dwarfed what she was making in the WNBA...

If you are making that kind of money, just buy your weed over there... She's a dumbass.
    wango, Cuz and redz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I mowed my lawn this morning. Im really loving my new Scag zero turn machine. I thought I was losing power but turns out the morning dew had the grass really damp making my tires spin
    tarmyg, wango, Honkey_Kong and 3 others like this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Your opinion, as I am without diubt that you feel the same about mine, means absolutely nothing to me...
    Opinions clearly mean a lot or we would not have a forum. My 2c.
    Cylon357, XnavyHMCS and Testie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I mowed my lawn this morning. Im really loving my new Scag zero turn machine. I thought I was losing power but turns out the morning dew had the grass really damp making my tires spin
    Just finished trimming some hedges with a new black & decker trimmer. The damn hedges are 10 feet tall, so bought one with an extension pole. Best trimmer I’ve owned, cuts through the hedge like a knife through butter.

Bottle that dew up, put it in gallon bottles and sell it in Los Angeles for for mega $. We’re as dry as a bone out here.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol_Wolf View Post
    Maybe all the snow flakes should go to Russia and have a rally against the injustice there and stop crying because someone used the wrong pronoun when talking about them.

Any trade for her, if it includes the others or not, is just a demonstration that our government does not care for all citizens equally. Athletes, singers, and movie stars get special treatment. Granted I've never heard of anyone dying from not watching a movie or a particular game. Granted I've heard of lots of people dying when they don't have power in super heat waives or sub-zero degree weather. Maybe we should pay linemen and power plant workers like we do movie stars, singers, and athletes and then pay athletes, movie stars, and singers like we do linemen.
    Come on, athletes are very special & deserve more as they contribute so much to society
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free Brittney Griner...!!!-b3fe6148-2e12-45c3-a3a4-c01596cff162.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Just finished trimming some hedges with a new black & decker trimmer. The damn hedges are 10 feet tall, so bought one with an extension pole. Best trimmer I’ve owned, cuts through the hedge like a knife through butter.

Bottle that dew up, put it in gallon bottles and sell it in Los Angeles for for mega $. We’re as dry as a bone out here.
    Most of the US has really been dry I know here in the southern regions we really struggled in june and july I can only imagine out there in the desert areas close to Arizona. Temperatures are getting hotter no doubt about it the Earth is warming. All of my equipment is still gas powered exept my hedger which is a cheap craftsman , but gets the job done. All of the gas machines are California emissions compliant.
    The little engines have come along way
    wango and SampsonandDelilah like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Griner is a millionaire professional basketball player, that having been on Olympic teams should be well aware of the protocols of traveling to other countries.

The “clueless” basketball players from UCLA shoplifted at a high end Louis Vuitton store (not a candy bar from 7-11). One of those players was another Ball brother who now is playing in the developmental league for the NBA. His other 2 brothers are mega-stars in the NBA with massive contracts and their father played in the NBA as well. I personally would replace “clueless” with “arrogant & empowered”. So by your logic we have full rights to travel to these less than moral countries other than our own & freely break their laws, because they are a-holes & then criticize them for how they hand down their sentence?

A fantastic and brilliant movie before your time (1978) called “Midnight Express” based somewhat on a true story about abuse in a foreign prison and the horrors he faced there before escaping would be worth your feelings of sympathy for dumb-ass drug offenders in foreign countries
    That was a good movie I seen it when it 1st came out.
    wango and XnavyHMCS like this.

Most of the US has really been dry I know here in the southern regions we really struggled in june and july I can only imagine out there in the desert areas close to Arizona. Temperatures are getting hotter no doubt about it the Earth is warming. All of my equipment is still gas powered exept my hedger which is a cheap craftsman , but gets the job done. All of the gas machines are California emissions compliant.
    I just go electric because of the noise. Usually the cordless crap doesn’t have any power or durability, but this shocked me.

California is a goofy and f’d up place, I get what they are trying to do energy wise but the other week I had to go all black market to get these low volt light bulbs (it’s easier buying AAS). Everything here is now LED only and the dealers can’t even ship the bulbs to California.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Been ridiculously dry here. About the only thing thriving is sunflowers. Corn and melons have all but dried up. Soybeans are struggling.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I'm not going to argue you on the bullshit rules and rulers of Russia. I'm pretty sure most of us have no desire to step foot in their shithole country. But the fact is it's their country and their rules. If you're a guest in some other country, you abide by their rules and their laws or you don't go there. She made the choice to go there. She broke their laws and she's getting punished for it.
    Cylon357, XnavyHMCS, wango and 1 others like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Lawn clippings and spoiled athletes, Russian dictators and US diplomacy?

Free Brittney Griner...!!!-towelwhat.jpg
    XnavyHMCS, almostgone and wango like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I'm not going to argue you on the bullshit rules and rulers of Russia. I'm pretty sure most of us have no desire to step foot in their shithole country. But the fact is it's their country and their rules. If you're a guest in some other country, you abide by their rules and their laws or you don't go there. She made the choice to go there. She broke their laws and she's getting punished for it.
    My thoughts exactly.

I am a bit surprised that ol'TM didn't include the likely possibility that. "President Trump is behind the whole thing...".
    Honkey_Kong and Cuz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	towelwhat.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	181975
    357, we are running the gamut here.
    Cylon357 likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Colorado is drier than a popcorn fart and Griner?

Fuck her. Oh the irony…remember kneeling for the anthem and protesting that the league shouldn’t play the national anthem anymore? Or that the anthem doesn’t have any place in sports…even though you suited up for the US in the Olympics?

Wonder if she regrets leaving the court while it was being played? Lots to think about for the next nine years.

I think it’s hilarious calling on the same country to free you that you so righteously turned your back on. I bet the good old’ US of A is looking pretty good right now, eh Brittney? How’s life in the gulag?

Tim Kennedy has the best write up in the world on her…if you don’t know who he is, then know he is a true patriot (even though that word now has negative connotations thanks to these “woke” fucks).
    Argue with me over that one, please.
    Tim Kennedy is a fucking National treasure and he has far more grace for her than I do, but he takes the time to remind her and put her on blast.

Back to the point, Russia can have her. She didn’t want to be here anyways…

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platform...ronic-behavior
    almostgone, Cuz and XnavyHMCS like this.

On the bright side, Brittney Griner is going to have plenty of time to learn to speak Russian and make prison wine. I bet by the end of this, she's going to know a million ways to make top ramen.

I hope to God, Putin doesn't release her back to America.
    Cuz, XnavyHMCS and songdog like this.

I’m looking past the fact that she’s an athlete, lesbian, multiracial, etc. If she was a beautiful blonde girl I bet you all would be singing a different tune. What if it was your 22 year old daughter that went there and made the mistake… ok different countries have different laws. Im in Munich, Germany, right now, just landed. I didn’t bring weed with me, but if I did and got caught, I would hope my fellow Americans wouldn’t throw me under the bus.

To me it sounds like y’all are jealous that she makes more money than you and so you are conflating things. You don’t know her as a person, she is not the other athletes who did stupid shit in other countries, she is not a champion of LGBTQ and non-patriotic, as far as I’m aware.

I don’t get the hostility towards her, tbh. It’s a bullshit law and Russia had it out for her as soon as they found the weed. They already knew the outcome of the trial before it even happened.

Now if you want to talk about how athletes are overpaid, or how athletes should be more patriotic (whatever that means), that’s a whole different discussion. If you look at just the facts, and don’t include your own prejudices, then it’s an American girl who made a bad decision over something stupid and inconsequential in everywhere but these backwards shithole countries, that is now serving a ridiculous sentence aimed at punishing America for involving itself in the Ukraine war. End of story.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’m looking past the fact that she’s an athlete, lesbian, multiracial, etc. If she was a beautiful blonde girl I bet you all would be singing a different tune. What if it was your 22 year old daughter that went there and made the mistake… ok different countries have different laws. Im in Munich, Germany, right now, just landed. I didn’t bring weed with me, but if I did and got caught, I would hope my fellow Americans wouldn’t throw me under the bus.

To me it sounds like y’all are jealous that she makes more money than you and so you are conflating things. You don’t know her as a person, she is not the other athletes who did stupid shit in other countries, she is not a champion of LGBTQ and non-patriotic, as far as I’m aware.

I don’t get the hostility towards her, tbh. It’s a bullshit law and Russia had it out for her as soon as they found the weed. They already knew the outcome of the trial before it even happened.

Now if you want to talk about how athletes are overpaid, or how athletes should be more patriotic (whatever that means), that’s a whole different discussion. If you look at just the facts, and don’t include your own prejudices, then it’s an American girl who made a bad decision over something stupid and inconsequential in everywhere but these backwards shithole countries, that is now serving a ridiculous sentence aimed at punishing America for involving itself in the Ukraine war. End of story.
    TMO, I like you but that’s such a fucking clownish response and full of assumptions. I can’t even dignify it with a response.

Nothing surprising here really though given your past rhetoric…did they Botox your brain?
    Cuz, Honkey_Kong and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	towelwhat.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	181975
    Hell, I was going to bring up this new convenient protein drink I just bought; thought it was a catch all type of thread. Other possible topics include climate change & desalination.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Nope, I wouldn't sing a different tune. It's f-in Russia. If you have a job that takes you there, you should darn well be sharp enough to toe the line.
    I think it's pretty much a given that neither country has warm fuzzy feelings for each other and that either country would jump on the chance to make an example of the other country's citizen. Do I think the US would be as severe?.... probably not unless they had reason to believe the person being detained was involved in espionage or heavy criminal activity.

Did Griner make a mistake? Yes, an extraordinarily poor choice, especially given her destination.

I may be wrong, but I don't think she will serve the entire time. There will probably be an intermediary/ side channel activity to release her. In the meantime, she's a long, long way from home.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

My thoughts exactly.

I am a bit surprised that ol'TM didn't include the likely possibility that. "President Trump is behind the whole thing...".
    Yup, I am with you guys about letting her serve her punishment. Too bad they didn’t do the same with these 3 ass-hats; one who is now in the NBA. Perhaps keep politicians out of this so things don’t derail?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free Brittney Griner...!!!-3d346652-d7bb-486f-b418-087b1d2345de.jpeg   Free Brittney Griner...!!!-47eead87-3397-4574-b7ed-00c1e1f85350.jpeg   Free Brittney Griner...!!!-405a201f-5749-482c-bf77-a7b264b7c879.jpeg  

Yup, I am with you guys about letting her serve her punishment. Too bad they didn’t do the same with these 3 ass-hats; one who is now in the NBA. Perhaps keep politicians out of this so things don’t derail?
    Exactly. The shoplifting is bad enough, but to go to the PRC and pull that crap is the pinnacle of dumbassedness.
    Damn good thing they weren't in NoKo. They would still be laboring away...at best.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Exactly. The shoplifting is bad enough, but to go to the PRC and pull that crap is the pinnacle of dumbassedness.
    Damn good thing they weren't in NoKo. They would still be laboring away...at best.
    Or Afghanistan and trying to play in the NBA with your shooting hand chopped off.

Watched this again last night with the wife, laughed so hard we cried. This crisis is a perfect rescue mission for Team America World Police . . .

Or Afghanistan and trying to play in the NBA with your shooting hand chopped off.

Watched this again last night with the wife, laughed so hard we cried. This crisis is a perfect rescue mission for Team America World Police . . .

LOL, was that from Robot Chicken?

Seriously, I bet if the b'ball team made it to Iran, Griner wouldn't have put on the USA clothing and ran around snatching off hijabs or go to A'gan and yank burqas off of the women. I really thought the WNBA would have stressed the seriousness of the situation should they break the law in Russia. IDK, maybe they did.

I'm guessing if politics do come into play in regards to her release, it will be just a tad after the 2024 election, regardless of the incumbent party. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it will happen sooner.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    My thoughts exactly.

Lmfao so true. “ Well the real reason they are charging Griner is because of that damn Orange Man , he got us involved with Ukraine and now the Russians are pissed off at us and holding one of our Star basketball players captive…”

Close enough?

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LOL, was that from Robot Chicken?

Seriously, I bet if the b'ball team made it to Iran, Griner wouldn't have put on the USA clothing and ran around snatching off hijabs or go to A'gan and yank burqas off of the women. I really thought the WNBA would have stressed the seriousness of the situation should they break the law in Russia. IDK, maybe they did.

I'm guessing if politics do come into play in regards to her release, it will be just a tad after the 2024 election, regardless of the incumbent party. Hopefully, I'm wrong and it will happen sooner.
    No that was a movie from the South Park guys. The mockery of Hollywood actors, they had look alike puppets for all of them (Film Actors Guild or FAGs for short) getting involved in politics is SO spot on and brilliant. Typical South Park satire. And man do they light up
    Kim Jong-un.

Ever see “The Interview”? Funny stuff!

And let's be clear, these good Samaritans weren't stealing a loaf of bread to feed their children. They were caught stealing at a Louis Vuitton store in China.
    almostgone, XnavyHMCS and wango like this.

Lmfao so true. “ Well the real reason they are charging Griner is because of that damn Orange Man , he got us involved with Ukraine and now the Russians are pissed off at us and holding one of our Star basketball players captive…”

Close enough?
    It's Donnie's fault for getting them basketballers used to being sprung out of foreign jails. They assumed the new administration would do it too.

My thoughts exactly.

You’re right, Brittney Griner is much more pertinent to the future of our country than the current trial on the immense amount of corruption during the last presidency… some fugly looking girl got you guys are bent out of shape. Incredible logic you possess. Intelligence is out of this world.
    XnavyHMCS and wango like this.

You’re right, Brittney Griner is much more pertinent to the future of our country than the current trial on the immense amount of corruption during the last presidency… some fugly looking girl got you guys are bent out of shape. Incredible logic you possess. Intelligence is out of this world.
    That's a cute comment / come back... You're slipping bro; I was sure that you could do better than that; better "up your game".

Only started the thread because I was surprised that we weren't discussing it already' so I guess that is a blanket display of my logic and intellect...

I will have to keep that in mind.

Oh yeah, and by the way TM, I guess you weren't aware that she was one of the NA protesters. So I find it poetic justice that now she needs the country, which she obviously harbors ill sentiments towards, to come and get her out of the lurch... I am apparently not alone in my sentiments here.

Furthermore, I don't care what color her hair is, or her orientation for that matter; don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

And let's be clear, these good Samaritans weren't stealing a loaf of bread to feed their children. They were caught stealing at a Louis Vuitton store in China.

Yup, mentioned that prior. One of the kids was well off to start & now he’s more well off as an NBA contract is possible. Even that’s not needed as the family is filthy rich from 2 of his brothers NBA contracts.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    “We” the Russians would never be that petty

She’s an idiot - the Ruskies are ass holes

That about covers it -

I don’t exactly see any point to anything anymore

If she wasn’t some fake ass celebrity I wonder how this would go

Yet, the US gets to extradite El Chapo & keep him locked up

Gawd, it’s like the whole world has gone beyond pussified

Did they ever the astronaut that was stuck on the ISS that Ruskies refused to bring down?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    It's Donnie's fault for getting them basketballers used to being sprung out of foreign jails. They assumed the new administration would do it too.
    I have no idea, I haven’t watched any basketballers since about 5 th grade

Its just not my thing, pro sports that is. Or liberals or democrats oh oops wrong forum.

But, back the lawn care, its really coming along despite the drought. My good neighbor referred a company to me i plan on using next year to treat the crab grass
    Last edited by Cuz; 08-06-2022 at 02:30 PM.
    Honkey_Kong and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    “We” the Russians would never be that petty

She’s an idiot - the Ruskies are ass holes

That about covers it -

I don’t exactly see any point to anything anymore

If she wasn’t some fake ass celebrity I wonder how this would go

Yet, the US gets to extradite El Chapo & keep him locked up

Gawd, it’s like the whole world has gone beyond pussified

Did they ever the astronaut that was stuck on the ISS that Ruskies refused to bring down?
    I think there's still a crew. Russia was threatening in order to get some sanction relief?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information