• 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah
  • 3 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Accepting that I will be bald!

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Accepting that I will be bald!

The remedy for hair loss (baldness) is to shave it! I still have about 88-90% of my hair, my hair being fucked up on the sides of my head where the hairs were lost! Shit! As it bothers me so much, deciding to put the zero comb over my head... I think it's better for me to accept that I'm going bald anyway, the only alternative would be a transplant, but that's out of the question. I will order a good hair clipper from the amazon website and shave my hair every day, best thing to do.
    Testie likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    The remedy for hair loss (baldness) is to shave it! I still have about 88-90% of my hair, my hair being fucked up on the sides of my head where the hairs were lost! Shit! As it bothers me so much, deciding to put the zero comb over my head... I think it's better for me to accept that I'm going bald anyway, the only alternative would be a transplant, but that's out of the question. I will order a good hair clipper from the amazon website and shave my hair every day, best thing to do.
    Watch. You shave it off and you'll notice life is easier. No more shampooing and you don't even have to comb your hair in the morning
    wellshii and Testie like this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Just do what Cuz and SD does. Use Turtlewax.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey Davie I lost mine or a noticeable amount before I turned 30 and I can tell you a bald head never hurt me. It takes a while to get used to but it never slowed me down with the chicks either so embrace it.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Lmao

I use Autoglym.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    A little jealous Davi. If I could, I would, but my head is shaped like a light bulb & I’d look like a space alien.
    lovbyts likes this.

Blog Entries
    That will be the decision, I will shave my head. I'm not going to fight hair loss because I know that no treatment is effective
    Ah hair transplant for me is far from my plans, I'd rather be bald than repay money for it

-
    Well Wango if I had my hair like before I wouldn't think about it, but my hair sucks these days, I can't show off a pompadour anymore, so it's my only option
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 08-13-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I use Autoglym.
    Does being bald need maintenance every two weeks or every week?
    I'm going to buy a hair clipper for home use!

Blog Entries
    Thanks!

I was thinking of starting with just the hair clipper first.
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 08-13-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Testie View Post
    Hey Davie I lost mine or a noticeable amount before I turned 30 and I can tell you a bald head never hurt me. It takes a while to get used to but it never slowed me down with the chicks either so embrace it.
    good to hear that bro
    Testie likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I run a babyliss fx2 2x per day day

Can’t do a Bic, I get a terrible razor burn/rash

Blog Entries
    Does DermaRoller work? I'm just asking out of curiosity, I saw people saying it stimulates hair growth

Does DermaRoller work? I'm just asking out of curiosity, I saw people saying it stimulates hair growth
    I think TM likes his.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I've done a variety of routines for bald / nearly bald. The one I liked best is cutting to 3mm every two weeks. I didn't like the Bic / Nair thing because I didn't find it comfortable. You will be amazed how much protection from the sun even 3mm will give you...

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Dupe

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    mach 3 fellas. did all the other ways before I just gave in and now its the best.

side note: how the hell do u guys cut ur hair twice a day?

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3470550E-950B-4FE0-92C1-7A8D368CFF67.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	499.0 KB 
ID:	182005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF7D53F2-5096-4638-980F-8EA1767EDD68.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	412.1 KB 
ID:	182004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    mach 3 fellas. did all the other ways before I just gave in and now its the best.

side note: how the hell do u guys cut ur hair twice a day?

Another vote for Mach 3…takes me about 5 extra minutes in the shower and I do it every other day.

Right? I barely remember to brush my teeth twice a day, let alone shave my head. I don’t mind day 2 stubble either. It’s day three I feel like a Franciscan Monk

God made a few perfect heads, the rest he had to put hair on. Own that shit
    Last edited by SampsonandDelilah; 08-15-2022 at 08:27 AM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Some people like to run a razor up to their scalp and get the remaining hairs on top and the stuff on the sides everyday. I feel I can do it every other week and look alright. It's really a "whatever you like" sort of thing. And everybody's hair grows at different rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I've done a variety of routines for bald / nearly bald. The one I liked best is cutting to 3mm every two weeks. I didn't like the Bic / Nair thing because I didn't find it comfortable. You will be amazed how much protection from the sun even 3mm will give you...
    These give you pretty good protection from the sun too:

Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 08-15-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Davi, I grew this mop for fun during Covid. PITA to take care of and hotter than crap. Nothing felt better than cutting/trimming the sides and back down to a 3 last summer, driving with the windows open & feeling the air on my scalp. Kept the top though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Accepting that I will be bald!-17ba34c8-d3ad-4849-9307-629ed1f2c7cd.jpeg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Davi, I grew this mop for fun during Covid. PITA to take care of and hotter than crap. Nothing felt better than cutting/trimming the sides and back down to a 3 last summer, driving with the windows open & feeling the air on my scalp. Kept the top though.
    The bad thing about wearing long hair is the heat, right? My brother has hair like yours, big since he was little. I wish I had that luck of yours, despite being uncomfortable in the heat as you said yourself.

How long does it take for you to reach that hair size in the photo?

The bad thing about wearing long hair is the heat, right? My brother has hair like yours, big since he was little. I wish I had that luck of yours, despite being uncomfortable in the heat as you said yourself.

How long does it take for you to reach that hair size in the photo?
    Took about 18 months. Before I died I wanted to be able to bang my head to metal and have my hair flip back and forth like the kids at shows or on videos. I still needed about 18 more months of growth though and the stuff was too hot & took too much time; so off it went. My front is thinning more, if I paid for surgery, that’s where the $ would go.

With your humidity, I think shaving your head would be an easy choice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Took about 18 months. Before I died I wanted to be able to bang my head to metal and have my hair flip back and forth like the kids at shows or on videos. I still needed about 18 more months of growth though and the stuff was too hot & took too much time; so off it went. My front is thinning more, if I paid for surgery, that’s where the $ would go.

With your humidity, I think shaving your head would be an easy choice.

Your hair is really good Wango, I think guys with straight hair thin their hair more easily, but that doesn't mean you're going to go bald! How much does a hair transplant cost in the US, around $6.000 or more? Here at BRA the hair transplant is around $6,000, I don't know in the US. This $6.000 here at BRA is R$30,000... I think it's a high amount, but for some it's worth doing if you have the money to pay.

You will live a lot brother with God's help, to fulfill your dream of swinging and sporting a beautiful long hair! My advice brother, if you have the money to pay for a hair transplant go ahead!

Your hair is really good Wango, I think guys with straight hair thin their hair more easily, but that doesn't mean you're going to go bald! How much does a hair transplant cost in the US, around $6.000 or more? Here at BRA the hair transplant is around $6,000, I don't know in the US. This $6.000 here at BRA is R$30,000... I think it's a high amount, but for some it's worth doing if you have the money to pay.

You will live a lot brother with God's help, to fulfill your dream of swinging and sporting a beautiful long hair! My advice brother, if you have the money to pay for a hair transplant go ahead!
    Thanks brother, but it’s gone & I’m liking it gone. IF I go the hair transplant route for my top & front (to get that pompadour look) it would cost around $15,000 - $20,000 to have it done well out here in Los Angeles. Not planning on dying just yet, but it’s best that I kind of get to those things that I’ve always wanted to do.

BillYates1 is offline New Member
    I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. It's great to see that you're taking steps to accept the situation and make a decision that feels right for you, such as shaving your head. Remember, baldness doesn't define your worth or beauty, and many people find it a confident and empowering look. Moreover, you could consider getting a hair transplant at places like https://miamihairtransplantclinic.com if you need your hair back. I hope that helps!
    Last edited by BillYates1; 04-10-2023 at 08:55 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillYates1 View Post
    I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. It's great to see that you're taking steps to accept the situation and make a decision that feels right for you, such as shaving your head. Remember, baldness doesn't define your worth or beauty, and many people find it a confident and empowering look
    Im sure the person you are referring to would appreciate your comment in spirit even though they will never actually see it because they were banned/kicked out and can no longer reply.
    XnavyHMCS, Cylon357 and wango like this.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the club bro.

I go with the smooth head, stubble chin/jaw look.

I've learned how to rebutle the 'your head is upside down' jokes from the kids and teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by amyst View Post
    wig is always a solution
    Uhhh. You know the guy you're suggesting a wig to is banned, right?

NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member
    who was banned GI Jane er im meant Jane Doe ?

it says banned under her username

Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuyResearcher View Post
    who was banned GI Jane er im meant Jane Doe ?

it says banned under her username
    It was Davi. But why kick a guy when he’s already down? Let him Rest In Peace.
    NiceGuyResearcher likes this.

Thread Information