Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 4 Post By almostgone

Thread: War Veterans Beggars in the US

CIGS -JUNGLE is offline Junior Member

War Veterans Beggars in the US

Many US war veterans are suffering from a food and housing crisis, meaning most of them are becoming homeless!
    The American government is kicking them all in the ass .

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Yup, our support of our veterans is underwhelming for sure

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Yup, our support of our veterans is underwhelming for sure
    A lot of those homeless just use the "war veteran" thing as their gimmick to get people to pity them and give them money. The closest a lot of them have ever been to the military was watching the Iraq invasion on TV.

The way I feel about veterans is they've been paid/given everything that they were expected to receive in their service contracts. At what point are those guys going to be held responsible for their actions? Maybe they should stop drinking and doing drugs? Maybe they should use any of the many services that get bums in to halfway houses/get them employment?

Just because they "served" a tyrant government's army (that doesn't represent or serve the people that live in it's dominion), it doesn't mean they deserve any extra perks over anyone else. In fact, they've had opportunities that other people don't get (GI bills, VA benefits, etc). Sure maybe they got a little shellshock, but that's their problem. Maybe they shouldn't have gone terrorizing a bunch of third world countries for some other country's (not America's) benefit?

No they're bums on the street like any of the other bums. All they want is handouts so they can do more drugs and more alcohol while playing with their delusions.
    s1nc1ty and XnavyHMCS like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    A lot of those homeless just use the "war veteran" thing as their gimmick to get people to pity them and give them money. The closest a lot of them have ever been to the military was watching the Iraq invasion on TV.

The way I feel about veterans is they've been paid/given everything that they were expected to receive in their service contracts. At what point are those guys going to be held responsible for their actions? Maybe they should stop drinking and doing drugs? Maybe they should use any of the many services that get bums in to halfway houses/get them employment?

Just because they "served" a tyrant government's army (that doesn't represent or serve the people that live in it's dominion), it doesn't mean they deserve any extra perks over anyone else. In fact, they've had opportunities that other people don't get (GI bills, VA benefits, etc). Sure maybe they got a little shellshock, but that's their problem. Maybe they shouldn't have gone terrorizing a bunch of third world countries for some other country's (not America's) benefit?

No they're bums on the street like any of the other bums. All they want is handouts so they can do more drugs and more alcohol while playing with their delusions.
    Won’t argue with that . . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails War Veterans Beggars in the US-b86f166e-68d5-4c48-9add-5f1f81964b02.jpeg  

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'm going to close this because the OP has already posted a similar thread under his old, banned account. I saw which way that thread went, so I'm not going to watch it happen again.
    Booz, Cylon357, Cuz and 1 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information