Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 82
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Getting colder by the minute; I ain't talking about the temp.

  1. #1
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177

    Getting colder by the minute; I ain't talking about the temp.

    Every time I open the forum I am expecting to see this thread started (Its obviously not news in Ireland, or wherever F. Kimbo is from, because he would have been all over this topic by now...), but have been shocked by its absence.

    Moscow, Idaho Quadruple Murder: What do us Super Sleuths think about the crime and its resolution?

    Sounds to me like a straight up Gainesville Ripper (see: Danny Rolling) or Tallahassee Ted Bundy crime. Doesn't require rocket science to surmise that, IMO. I think the absence of the naming of, or the apprehension of any suspect/s, points to that fact; this case is way to big, too brutal for the police to have the perpetrator in their sights and be slowly building evidence (IMO).

    Quite the mystery, it appears.

    What do you guys think?
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

  2. #2
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    4,208
    I’ll get around to answering, especially the ID quadruple. Terrifying and the police have been way too quiet

    Wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas though brother, always appreciate you, Navy!!
    XnavyHMCS and songdog like this.

  3. #3
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    I just left a meditation centre today and haven't watched a video or read a newspaper or browsed the internet in about 2 or 3 weeks.

    I'll catch up and start some bullshit threads.
    Cornish and XnavyHMCS like this.

  4. #4
    s1nc1ty's Avatar
    s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    526
    Never heard of a moscow in idaho nor the murders but i googled it. Some sick fuck i guess, to kill three women and a guy in theyr sleep with a knife. Real tough guy... probably not right in the head the guy and under the influence of something. There are some very sick and stupid people in the world so these things happen.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  5. #5
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Every time I open the forum I am expecting to see this thread started (Its obviously not news in Ireland, or wherever F. Kimbo is from, because he would have been all over this topic by now...), but have been shocked by its absence.

    Moscow, Idaho Quadruple Murder: What do us Super Sleuths think about the crime and its resolution?

    Sounds to me like a straight up Gainesville Ripper (see: Danny Rolling) or Tallahassee Ted Bundy crime. Doesn't require rocket science to surmise that, IMO. I think the absence of the naming of, or the apprehension of any suspect/s, points to that fact; this case is way to big, too brutal for the police to have the perpetrator in their sights and be slowly building evidence (IMO).

    Quite the mystery, it appears.

    What do you guys think?
    There's way too many questions and a lot of conflicting information being released so far for me to comment.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  6. #6
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Stabbings; up close and personal. Just finished a couple of books on the Manson murders & glimpsed at some crime scene photos. Grizzly & unsettling to say the least. This has barely been in the papers here, nor do I see it on social media. Thanks for the heads up Xnavy.

    On a darker note Xnavy, it ain’t any colder here than it is in John Gacy’s house. Figured an older, fellow Chicagoan would know that reference (even though it is unpleasant - come on Wango, it’s the day after Christmas for goodness sake).
    Last edited by wango; 12-26-2022 at 01:47 PM.
    Cylon357 and XnavyHMCS like this.

  7. #7
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Stabbings; up close and personal. Just finished a couple of books on the Manson murders & glimpsed at some crime scene photos. Grizzly & unsettling to say the least. This has barely been in the papers here, nor do I see it on social media. Thanks for the heads up Xnavy.

    On a darker note Xnavy, it ain’t any colder here than it is in John Gacy’s house. Figured an older, fellow Chicagoan would know that reference (even though it is unpleasant - come on Wango, it’s the day after Christmas for goodness sake).
    No colder than it was "in the crawl"...

    I watched the Netflix docu, I think it is Confessions of a Killer, and in there he is on tape talking about what he did. It was quite interesting, in the sense that there were several young guys who were working for him, who had strangely disappeared. I guess that this was before Bundy, so perhaps even law enforcement didn't have any idea what they were up against. While they were investigating John Wayne, they uncovered (word fits here) that two of his employees were paid to dig trenches in his crawlspace. I guess that the moral of his infamous story is; don't ever let anyone put handcuffs on you, unless it is the police.

    Like Wango said "Stabbings; up close and personal." and Moscow (Sincity, I never heard of a Moscow Idaho, or anywhere other than Russia.), Idaho would fall into that category, for certain. Logically the police are sitting on information, which they will later use to confirm that they have the perp. I have faith that eventually (hopefully sooner, for the parents sake, rather than later) the case will be closed.
    wango likes this.

  8. #8
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    No colder than it was "in the crawl"...

    I watched the Netflix docu, I think it is Confessions of a Killer, and in there he is on tape talking about what he did. It was quite interesting, in the sense that there were several young guys who were working for him, who had strangely disappeared. I guess that this was before Bundy, so perhaps even law enforcement didn't have any idea what they were up against. While they were investigating John Wayne, they uncovered (word fits here) that two of his employees were paid to dig trenches in his crawlspace. I guess that the moral of his infamous story is; don't ever let anyone put handcuffs on you, unless it is the police.

    Like Wango said "Stabbings; up close and personal." and Moscow (Sincity, I never heard of a Moscow Idaho, or anywhere other than Russia.), Idaho would fall into that category, for certain. Logically the police are sitting on information, which they will later use to confirm that they have the perp. I have faith that eventually (hopefully sooner, for the parents sake, rather than later) the case will be closed.
    Thatís a bingo regarding the cold crawl space. 26 below cold. That was a dark Chicago joke in a less PC time.

    I think the series Manhunt was my intro to serial killers. A factual rendition of 2 CIA agents specializing in serial killers. They actually interviewed most serial killers of note. The killers were surprisingly open & the agents attributed subsequent solutions/convictions of recent killers was due to the info they learned from those interviews.

    The Manson killers were very open and detailed as well. Stabbings are a long, gruesome process in which the victims donít go quietly, nor do they stay put, and they put up a defensive fight. According to what I read about Moscow, the deaths accorded over an hours time, occurred on 2 floors, and 2 were murdered in the same bed. How the heck one person could do that without completely drugging them first seems pretty impossible to me.

    I most certainly hope these arenít serial killers, and I certainly hope there wonít be any copycat killers trying to duplicate that crime.

    Thanks for filling the void that was left by FK (and Davi).

    Your Polish-Chicago brother,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting colder by the minute; I ain't talking about the temp.-4c92e4e6-a4c5-4ee8-ac57-cbe1567e7da0.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  9. #9
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Thanks for filling the void that was left by FK (and Davi).
    If I leave some money in my will to cover flight costs, could I ask ya to read my eulogy when I'm gone?(assuming I leave before ya)
    wango likes this.

  10. #10
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    If I leave some money in my will to cover flight costs, could I ask ya to read my eulogy when I'm gone?(assuming I leave before ya)
    Lol. Ya know, I come to this forum, or visit other social media sites, definitely not for boring and mundane stuff. In that sense, I for one appreciate you here, but truly get and understand others vitriol. I ainít a traveling type, but in all sincerity, if you do pass before me (which is highly unlikely), Iíll think good thoughts about you, offer prayers and will look forward to seeing you in heaven. Oh, in keeping with this thread, hereís a belated x-mas wish to you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting colder by the minute; I ain't talking about the temp.-578bbfeb-af45-4671-a2bc-f9e8da89f32c.jpeg  

  11. #11
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    That’s a bingo regarding the cold crawl space. 26 below cold. That was a dark Chicago joke in a less PC time.

    I think the series Manhunt was my intro to serial killers. A factual rendition of 2 CIA agents specializing in serial killers. They actually interviewed most serial killers of note. The killers were surprisingly open & the agents attributed subsequent solutions/convictions of recent killers was due to the info they learned from those interviews.

    The Manson killers were very open and detailed as well. Stabbings are a long, gruesome process in which the victims don’t go quietly, nor do they stay put, and they put up a defensive fight. According to what I read about Moscow, the deaths accorded over an hours time, occurred on 2 floors, and 2 were murdered in the same bed. How the heck one person could do that without completely drugging them first seems pretty impossible to me.

    I most certainly hope these aren’t serial killers, and I certainly hope there won’t be any copycat killers trying to duplicate that crime.

    Thanks for filling the void that was left by FK (and Davi).

    Your Polish-Chicago brother,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGyCT7XNwEw

    You most likely gotta be from Chicago, and either already be or are closing fast on the title of "senior citizen" to recall this tune...

    Meaning no disrespect to the young men and boys "in the crawl", nor to the tragic victims in Moscow but, this one is for Wango...!!!

    Funny that I vividly remember, not only when the song came out, but when one of the family members of a Gacy victim (Primarily but not isolated to the Chicagoland area.) called the Steve Dahl show (He was perhaps one of the first radio shock jocks.) and Steve has the guy live on the morning show, when the family member tells him something to the effect of, "On behalf of the victims families, we would appreciate if you didn't play that song." and being the shock jock in search of ratings, Dahl replies, "What song", and then he keys the recording and let it rip... I was a bit young, I believe 13 at the time of the discovery and arrest of JW Gacy, so the tastelessness of what was done was lost on me.

    Bundy wasn't arrested until early 1976 on attempted kidnapping charges, and it probably took LEO from both Utah (where he was arrested)a couple of weeks to start connecting the dots and circumstantially tying him to the disappearances of young women in Bundy's home state of Washington. So Teddy was before John Wayne, by a few brief years. In my mind, that was perhaps before the serial killer phenomena was aptly identified and labeled as such. Bundy, along with many other infamous SKs achieved their "success" (I don't like to use that term here.) by abducting and murdering total strangers. I don't know the percentages, but logically, for the most part; assailants know, or have prior contact with their victims. Here is perhaps the crux, as pertains to the Moscow murders.

    I agree 100% with Wango; logically, killing with a bladed instrument, especially a knife, is a gruesome, violent undertaking, where the victim is more likely than not, going to maintain the ability to resist the attack, before succumbing to their wounds. This wouldn't appear to have been a silent slaughter, by any stretch of the imagination. I know from living in houses / apartments that the other residents make noises at all hours of the night, but you habituate yourself to tuning these out, unless of course it is extreme, like a blood curdling scream.

    Lets hope that LE has been on the ball here; for the families sake, and the sake of the community. Its going to be interesting to see who the culprit(s) is, if and when they are apprehended. For the moment, my uneducated guess is that LE needs time to sift through the mountain of forensic evidence (And what is not evidence.) in a university house with a rep for hosting huge parties (What I read in the news media.). In the end though, the collaring of the killer(s) will perhaps boil down to dumb luck or chance, in the initial arrest. We are going to see.

    In any event; thank the people of Idaho who have voted for the death penalty. (Although I believe that a life, ensconced behind bars, smacks more of "punishment"; something feels good to me about killing an individual who deserves.)
    Last edited by XnavyHMCS; 12-28-2022 at 10:46 AM.
    wango likes this.

  12. #12
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Wow, of course I remember Steve Dahl & yup, I do believe he was Chicagoís first shock jock. BTW that song is kinda brilliantly done and although not PC, funnier than heck! I added a pic of his other more notable accomplishments. So much for the second game of that double header, lol. My father & grandfather, both being die hard south siders and White Socks fans, had a lot to say about that incident.

    Iím just reading random stuff online that might or might not be 100% accurate but, apparently itís been noted by many that have been there, that just using the stairs are noisy to use. And, oddly 2 roommates slept through all of it and were not attacked? What did the killers do, feed everyone Rohypnol?

    Smart to keep the details silent though.

    BTW, agree, a life of long, painful solitude is far more cruel than the death penalty imo. However, Nike never would have gotten one of the greatest advertisement slogans ever without it. Seriously, look for where the advertisement agency came up with ďJust do itĒ from. Thanks Gary Gilmore! Wonder if his family got any royalties .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting colder by the minute; I ain't talking about the temp.-af3c36a5-5673-48ae-ab0f-cc5f08b8308a.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  13. #13
    SampsonandDelilah's Avatar
    SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Cocina
    Posts
    4,208
    https://www.9news.com/article/news/n...6-cd85ee5fd9a3

    Things are getting interesting, hope it’s him so they can bring some semblance of peace to these families
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  14. #14
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Son of a gun. Shoots down my theory if in fact he acted alone. Bottom line, Iím glad some closure is happening. Still, 2 roommates slept through that?!?

    Then again, the caretaker claims he couldnít hear & was not aware of the 4 Manson murders from the caretakers house in the same backyard. Go figure.

    RIP.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  15. #15
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    https://www.9news.com/article/news/n...6-cd85ee5fd9a3

    Things are getting interesting, hope it’s him so they can bring some semblance of peace to these families
    BINGO...!!!

    S & D, beat me to it.

    Yeah, I hope they got their guy here, for the families, the community and especially the victims (Ones who appear to be so quickly forgotten, as we morbidly (I just as guilty of this "fascination".).

    I believe that I read, either here on this thread, or somewhere else, someone's speculation that "the killer worked in law enforcement...". From what little has been released, he has been said to be enrolled in a post-graduate Criminal Justice degree program, at the university... This smacks of Teddy, and his law studies; I read that when the police raided his place in Utah, they found books on evidence gathering, etc...

    During an interview I saw on Fox, the lady interviewer said that, "... maybe his cell phone pinged on the home's WiFi...". Fuck... Never carry your phone when you are going to commit a crime. = Ugh, kinda sounds like he wasn't the "sharpest" student...

    Fingers crossed that they got their guy...!!!
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

  16. #16
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Then again, the caretaker claims he couldn’t hear & was not aware of the 4 Manson murders from the caretakers house in the same backyard. Go figure.

    RIP.
    Yeah! Go figure... How the hell did he do that? I could imagine a much more quiet (not silent) killing in Idaho, but DEFINITELY NOT in the Hollywood Hills (Was it there, Wango?).

    Kinda defines, "I'm a heavy sleeper".
    wango likes this.

  17. #17
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    During an interview I saw on Fox, the lady interviewer said that, "... maybe his cell phone pinged on the home's WiFi...". Fuck... Never carry your phone when you are going to commit a crime. = Ugh, kinda sounds like he wasn't the "sharpest" student...

    Fingers crossed that they got their guy...!!!
    I would have used a samurai sword and not carried anything electronic capable of recording location or transmitting/receiving data.

    I watched Pulp Fiction two days ago, and I'd love to do what Bruce did with the sword, I'd fucking love to.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  18. #18
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I would have used a samurai sword and not carried anything electronic capable of recording location or transmitting/receiving data.

    I watched Pulp Fiction two days ago, and I'd love to do what Bruce did with the sword, I'd fucking love to.
    Kimbo "The Card"... For all the weird, wild, outlandish shit you say; I credit you with keeping emotions running high here on the forum.

    I wonder if you create more threads than any of the current members here? (Never said they were good threads, but "good" is of course, a question of opinion.) Just a curiosity. Maybe ADMIN can give you some kind of award?


    What does it mean to be called a card?
    If you call someone a card, it means they're funny or quick-witted. = NOT that you needed schooling in the vernacular by any means, my man.
    wango likes this.

  19. #19
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Kimbo "The Card"... For all the weird, wild, outlandish shit you say; I credit you with keeping emotions running high here on the forum.

    I wonder if you create more threads than any of the current members here? (Never said they were good threads, but "good" is of course, a question of opinion.) Just a curiosity. Maybe ADMIN can give you some kind of award?


    What does it mean to be called a card?
    If you call someone a card, it means they're funny or quick-witted. = NOT that you needed schooling in the vernacular by any means, my man.
    Agreed. BTW, you did warm the forum up a few degrees with your Ukraine thread however; just a hint of heat detected. A kimbo honorable mention goes out to you on that one.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  20. #20
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Yeah! Go figure... How the hell did he do that? I could imagine a much more quiet (not silent) killing in Idaho, but DEFINITELY NOT in the Hollywood Hills (Was it there, Wango?).

    Kinda defines, "I'm a heavy sleeper".
    Appears the neighbors should have heard the screams as well as 2 of the victims refused to die and made it outside in those killings. But thatís typical attitude out here regarding crime, close the windows, lock the doors & donít get involved.

    Still scratching my head how the Moscow victims themselves didnít awake as the others were being killed brutally before them. And, two others not harmed ďslept through the whole thingĒ.

    That said, it took a police helicopter with search lights in our backyard to finally wake me up, so Iím one to talk.

    Overall creepy stuff.

    Think the wife and I will watch something light tonight. Happy and safe New Yearís to you.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  21. #21
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Agreed. BTW, you did warm the forum up a few degrees with your Ukraine thread however; just a hint of heat detected. A kimbo honorable mention goes out to you on that one.
    Thanks brother.

    I'm now in deep anticipation on the (Lets hope for) flood of information concerning the aforementioned crime, the killing under discussion.

    I am one who enjoys this particular genre of literature, documentaries and the like. I am obviously not alone in society.
    wango likes this.

  22. #22
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Appears the neighbors should have heard the screams as well as 2 of the victims refused to die and made it outside in those killings. But that’s typical attitude out here regarding crime, close the windows, lock the doors & don’t get involved.

    Still scratching my head how the Moscow victims themselves didn’t awake as the others were being killed brutally before them. And, two others not harmed “slept through the whole thing”.

    That said, it took a police helicopter with search lights in our backyard to finally wake me up, so I’m one to talk.

    Overall creepy stuff.

    Think the wife and I will watch something light tonight. Happy and safe New Year’s to you.
    Yeah, how could they have slept through the coup de grace which was so brutally administered to Frykowski and Folger outside of the Polanski-Tate residence? This defies logic. I can't understand that "I don't want to get involved" mentality.
    Same to you, brother.
    wango likes this.

  23. #23
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    "The person who deserves the lion share of the credit is the lady from the convenience store who ran through hour and hours of surveillance video on her own time and reported the white Hyundai Elantra speeding past the store on the morning of the crime. It was that lead that broke the case wide open. Neither the police nor the FBI had even inquired about the video before she brought it to their attention."

    Came across this tidbit in the comments to an article about the suspect's arrest.
    Interesting, and quite commendable if she in fact checked all the tapes herself, and it wasn't LE that asked for the tapes and then went through and made this discovery.

    I also just read that the FBI was watching this guys family home, where he was staying, for several days before the arrest. This house is apparently quite isolated, located in the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania. So LE couldn't just "rent the adjacent apartment and peek out the window". Must have been a cold miserable hide the agents were in for the work. Didn't they get hit with some major storms there in the last several days? I am just flashing back to being on an exercise in Washington state, where my partner and I were tasked with watching a target house, it was winter, middle of the night, and he is sleeping; here is yours truly on vigilant watch; I remember I blinked and when my eyes opened back up there was a raging blizzard and like 3 inches of snow on the ground. (So much for vigilance, huh. I know what you're thinking, "We were paying this clown; what a waste of taxpayers money...") When my partner woke up to relieve me, I told him that "it has been snowing for about an hour..."

    Intriguing case and investigation. = Netflix is seeing dollar signs no doubt.
    wango and lovbyts like this.

  24. #24
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    The facial features, body composition and demeanor (Ugh, supposition much? Excuse me; I am only going off of two photos I have seen of the suspect.) has a striking resemblance to Ted Bundy! Not to mention how Bundy surreptitiously entered the Chi Omega Sorority house and killed Lisa Levy and Margaret Bowman, on the FSU campus, January 15, 1978. They, were attacked in a different manner, with both being beaten with a tree branch style club, strangled and sexually assaulted while they slept, with MB's skull being crushed and opened in the ensuing attack. Two women were able to survive. Eerily similar Bundy ALSO commenced his killings in Washington State. AGAIN, Bundy too, was a Criminal Justice/Law School student. Perhaps an FBI profiler could see a connection or similarity. In my theory Koehberger has likely killed before and is a copy cat of Ted Bundy. It will be very interesting to see and hear the other evidence connected to this guy.

    Unfortunately, these four vibrant lives are lost to the evil of this one monster.

    God rest their souls.
    wango likes this.

  25. #25
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Yeah, how could they have slept through the coup de grace which was so brutally administered to Frykowski and Folger outside of the Polanski-Tate residence? This defies logic. I can't understand that "I don't want to get involved" mentality.
    Same to you, brother.
    As the wife and I channel surfed to end last evening, ironically ďOnce Upon a Time in Hollywood ď popped up, so we turned it on; ironically for the last act. Quentin does such a fine job of giving justice to the Manson killers in his unique uber-violent fashion, although arguably, Tex needed even a bit more punishment. Once you know the real details, the two woman deserved everything they got and more Oddly, the kid playing Tex is the actor who will likely get an Oscar for portraying Elvis.

    The final shot with peaceful music and the gates opening as Rick Dalton walked through them with Jay Sebring, unexpectedly had a spiritual affect on me. It actually almost brought a tear to my eye after knowing the brutality that they really experienced that evening. Iíll blame my wife, she bought me the most recent book because lately Iíve been reading a lot of CIA related stuff.

    Iím happy there appears to be such rapid closure to this case for the sake of the victims, family & friends. And yes kudos to anyone that went out of their way to assist the authorities.

    It will be interesting to hear about this killers history as so often in the past, serial killers have had some pretty fíd up childhoods. Apparently this killer ďjust wanted to fit inĒ.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  26. #26
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    serial killers have had some pretty f’d up childhoods. Apparently this killer “just wanted to fit in”.
    He's not invisible anymore.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  27. #27
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    He's not invisible anymore.
    No, but, itís not likely any profiler will say that was his objective. Itís more likely revenge for slights that heís experienced prior (and possibly by his victims).

    Now Ronald Reaganís attempted assassin did it to ďattractĒ attention from Jody Foster; but he wasnít a serial killer or mass murderer.

    Itís sad what people can be driven to & the viciousness that they unleash to ease their pain.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  28. #28
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    It’s sad what people can be driven to & the viciousness that they unleash to ease their pain.
    Some of this heartache would be abated if there were designated places where people could go to torture animals.

    Now of course I'm not an advocate of animal abuse, but if a school shooting can be avoided by allowing a teenager to come inside and use a bread knife to take the head off a golden retriever, then I think we must as mature adults give full consideration to such a harm reduction measure.

  29. #29
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Some of this heartache would be abated if there were designated places where people could go to torture animals.

    Now of course I'm not an advocate of animal abuse, but if a school shooting can be avoided by allowing a teenager to come inside and use a bread knife to take the head off a golden retriever, then I think we must as mature adults give full consideration to such a harm reduction measure.
    Not to judge, but youíre bringing up something that most would consider odd at the very least.

    Actually I just read that there was a skinned dog found prior to the murders, that apparently is being deemed unrelated by the authorities.

    It appears that a great many serial killers get started with animals, so by your logic, you would be increasing the volume of murderers and at the same time condoning the behavior.

    Stick with the samurai sword statement, itís slightly less kooky. That said, I ainít judging.

    BTW, recent articles suggest that he was socially awkward and often bullied by females. Iím wondering if this guy had mother issues as well; which also seems to be a common trait with serial killers.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  30. #30
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    It appears that a great many serial killers get started with animals, so by your logic, you would be increasing the volume of murderers and at the same time condoning the behavior.
    That wasn't at all my intention. I was thinking more along the lines of: If a child has been setting fires and is growing into an arsonist, then try to get him interested in pyrotechnics with a responsible tutor. In similar vain, I would hope that a person would be satisfied with having decapitated a dog and not need to go further.

  31. #31
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    That wasn't at all my intention. I was thinking more along the lines of: If a child has been setting fires and is growing into an arsonist, then try to get him interested in pyrotechnics with a responsible tutor. In similar vain, I would hope that a person would be satisfied with having decapitated a dog and not need to go further.
    Great idea!

    Hey, why don't you offer up your best friend as a sacrifice to avert an atrocity... WTF...???

    But I have to smile that, you're just trolling the members.
    wango and Cylon357 like this.

  32. #32
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    That wasn't at all my intention. I was thinking more along the lines of: If a child has been setting fires and is growing into an arsonist, then try to get him interested in pyrotechnics with a responsible tutor. In similar vain, I would hope that a person would be satisfied with having decapitated a dog and not need to go further.
    OK, I see your logic. Iím just guessing for someone who already has a thirst for pain, torture, revenge, then that just might facilitate it rather than satisfying it. Creepy stuff, the mind can get twisted so badly in its development. Iím thinking to some point that these individuals donít even stand a chance at normalcy as an adult.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  33. #33
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Some of this heartache would be abated if there were designated places where people could go to torture animals.

    Now of course I'm not an advocate of animal abuse, but if a school shooting can be avoided by allowing a teenager to come inside and use a bread knife to take the head off a golden retriever, then I think we must as mature adults give full consideration to such a harm reduction measure.
    Sounds like you advocated it in the first few lines.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  34. #34
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Sounds like you advocated it in the first few lines.
    Being totally realistic though, I place more gravity in human suffering than I do in animal suffering. I place more weight in human death than animal death.

    If a therapy could be developed in which people torture and kill animals in order to alleviate their motivation to torture and kill people, then I would at least give consideration to it.

    I mean we boil lobsters and eat steak already.

  35. #35
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I mean we boil lobsters and eat steak already.
    Not to mention rodeos and bullfighting.

  36. #36
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post

    I mean we boil lobsters and eat steak already.
    I do NOT see the same correlation between what you proposed.
    s1nc1ty and almostgone like this.

  37. #37
    s1nc1ty's Avatar
    s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    526
    Kimbo, the shit stain of steroid .com with his "great ideas"
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  38. #38
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Kimbo, the shit stain of steroid.com with his "great ideas"

    My open-mindedness seems to be a hindrance to your endeavours to attain enlightenment.

    My sincere and profound apologies.

    How may I tailor myself to your needs?

  39. #39
    Fluidic Kimbo's Avatar
    Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Kimbo, the shit stain of steroid.com with his "great ideas"

    My open-mindedness seems to be a hindrance to your endeavours to attain enlightenment.

    My sincere and profound apologies.

    How may I tailor myself to your needs?

  40. #40
    s1nc1ty's Avatar
    s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    My open-mindedness seems to be a hindrance to your endeavours to attain enlightenment.

    My sincere and profound apologies.

    How may I tailor myself to your needs?
    I suggest you are open minded when you get your teeth knocked in also with your enlightening ideas of torturing animals and raping women

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •