Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The YouTube channels recommendation thread

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member

The YouTube channels recommendation thread

Hey all,

This is here to fire in good YouTube channels for bbing or any interesting channels that you watch. I'll add my channels in the next post

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Just discovered 2PROS on youtube. The guy was an IFBB pro that retired a few years ago and says it like it is. He doesn't sugar coat or try to sell you anything. From the few videos I watched, he's the real deal.
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    I tried copying and pasting to here but everytime I clicked out the post disappeared so I'll update as I go.

https://youtu.be/fIE5UOc9EUM

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Paul Harrell is a good channel.
    Coffee Talk has some good topics every now and then.
    C&Rsenal
    Mark Novak
    Car Wizard
    Hoovie's Garage
    SHAWSTRENGTH
    Official Jim Cornette
    8-Bit Guy
    Snake Pit U.S.A Catch Wrestling Association
    Johnny's Reloading Bench
    Mark Plummer (this guy is a moron so don't take anything he says as advice)
    More Plates More Dates
    Doug DeMuro
    Official Yngwie Malmsteen
    NesHacker'
    Ben Eater
    8 Bit Show and Tell
    Adrian's Digital Basement
    Townsends
    Monsoon Classic
    ClassicWrestlingStuff
    4WrestlingFans
    RedPenBlackPen is also kind of interesting if you're into mathematical theory and proofs.

I also like to argue with people on the Fermilab channel. So far Don Lincoln hasn't banned me
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 03-15-2023 at 12:16 AM.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    One channel that consistently gets my attention isn't related to This Thing We Do in any way shape or form.

"The Charismatic Voice" is some sort of classically trained opera singer and she might post up vids on all of that, but what I watch are her "reaction videos". She watches a video for a song she has never heard before, then breaks it down. A couple of good ones are Painkiller from Judas Priest, Hurt by Johnny Cash and Dio / Tenacious D from Pick of Destiny.
    wango and almostgone like this.

DCI
    A few other channels I watch are

Harrys garage interesting for car reviews.
    Dark5
    Darktech
    Count dankula is funny from to time
    187 customs as i enjoy their street racings

DCI
    A few other channels I watch are

Harrys garage interesting for car reviews.
    Dark5
    Darktech
    Count dankula is funny from to time
    187 customs as i enjoy their street racing
    Ivor cummins is very good for food and health related content

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    One channel that consistently gets my attention isn't related to This Thing We Do in any way shape or form.

"The Charismatic Voice" is some sort of classically trained opera singer and she might post up vids on all of that, but what I watch are her "reaction videos". She watches a video for a song she has never heard before, then breaks it down. A couple of good ones are Painkiller from Judas Priest, Hurt by Johnny Cash and Dio / Tenacious D from Pick of Destiny.
    She's that chick that makes the weird faces at the camera during her reviews.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    She's that chick that makes the weird faces at the camera during her reviews.
    She is at least one of them lol! We should all aspire to enjoy something as much as she does music.

She is at least one of them lol! We should all aspire to enjoy something as much as she does music.
    If you want to watch a good reaction, check out this Daily Doug. He reacts to Focus' "Hocus Pocas" song.

I think most of us here enjoy training as much as she likes music. I mean sometimes it's not all a barrel of laughs. Sometimes, it's painful and frustrating. But the challenge in it is why we do it. Same thing with music. It's can get just frustrating and difficult. But if it were easy, it wouldn't be worth doing.

Blog Entries
    If you want to watch a good reaction, check out this Daily Doug. He reacts to Focus' "Hocus Pocas" song.
    I prefer the Gary Hoey version myself...

wango is offline Anabolic Member

I love when classically trained musicians break down some super aggressive metal. One of my favorites is breaking down the drumming on “Bleed” by Meshuggah.

I prefer the Gary Hoey version myself...

I don't know. Without the yodeling and high pitch vocals, I can't get in to it. It's kind of funny how many musicians were influenced by this prog rock band that very few people ever heard of.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    I don't know. Without the yodeling and high pitch vocals, I can't get in to it. It's kind of funny how many musicians were influenced by this prog rock band that very few people ever heard of.
    I think for the average listener, it comes down to which version you heard first. The Wife heard the Focus version first and was like "uh, yeah this is OK, I guess" when I introduced her to the GH version.

Then she had me listen to Focus' version and I was like "yeah, that's cool'ish, but that yodeling is kind of odd".

So, I guess it turns out that first impressions really are a thing.

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    Mike Van Wyck. Wycked training. Used to train Regan Grimes. Believe he still trains Antoine Vaillant. I started implementing some of his techniques and style of training. Def has helped all over from progress in growth to eliminating aches and pains.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I love jimmy the bull on rxmuscle.

love when they have the group cast and they all just talk shit about everything.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The Jordan Harbinger Show is great. Can catch it on different apps but a great podcast. I love the Skeptical Sunday, lots of great information on there. Darknet Diaries is another really interesting podcast. I listen to them mostly on Spotify but when on a PC those are my two go-tos while just listening and learning.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    The Jordan Harbinger Show is great. Can catch it on different apps but a great podcast. I love the Skeptical Sunday, lots of great information on there. Darknet Diaries is another really interesting podcast. I listen to them mostly on Spotify but when on a PC those are my two go-tos while just listening and learning.
    I have that darknet diaries podcast on my to listen list actually any good recs??

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

She is such a cutie, too! I loved watching her going through some of Ronnie James Dio's stuff.....Ozzy ...King Diamond..Motorhead...Pantera. I remember when she added the heavy metal witchy looking doll to her collection on the shelves.
    Her facial expressions crack me up...like a kid @ Christmas.

Edit: She's so good at picking apart and living the emotions of a song/singer/group as well. When she was reviewing one of Ronnie James Dio's songs she got kind of emotional and damned if it didn't bring a tear to my eyes. She's extremely good at what she does.

Edit 2: Her take on Crazy Train and Cemetery Gates is classic, lol. I bet she is a blast to hang around.

https://youtu.be/T8fDvFpBrcA

https://youtu.be/cquZKJhkk3g
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-08-2023 at 01:39 AM.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krb367 View Post
    Mike Van Wyck. Wycked training. Used to train Regan Grimes. Believe he still trains Antoine Vaillant. I started implementing some of his techniques and style of training. Def has helped all over from progress in growth to eliminating aches and pains.
    Van Wyck is good! Hell of a sense of humor, too
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

DCI
    Deboss garage is decent for car and truck content also.

Moon is a decent channel also.

You guys ever watch The Lockpicking Lawyer?

I love watching YouTube videos on how people used to do things. Food cooking and preservation videos are a big interest of mine.

This fried bratwurst looks so good:

almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by isabellaiss001 View Post
    I haven't watched YouTube for over 2 years
    18 posts in almost 2 years and none of them have anything to do with steroids .

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    bodybuilding related:
    more plates more dates
    anabolic doc
    greg doucette

i cant think of any specific channels about lifting technique, although ive found alot of great videos by searching for a specific exercise and watching the videos that are recommended

entertainment related:
    liberal hivemind
    tim poole
    conservative twins
    demolition ranch
    flair
    kentucky balistics
    garand thumb
    blade mate lawncare
    tim the lawnmower man
    rad brad
    MKIceAndFire
    top notch idiots
    kitboga

many more that i cant think of. i actually watch youtube way more than professional tv series or hollywood because i fucking hate the entertainment industry, theyre all a bunch of jeffrey epstein island visiting scumbags. youtube channels are typically normal people making normal content

Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    bodybuilding related:
    more plates more dates
    anabolic doc
    greg doucette

i cant think of any specific channels about lifting technique, although ive found alot of great videos by searching for a specific exercise and watching the videos that are recommended

entertainment related:
    liberal hivemind
    tim poole
    conservative twins
    demolition ranch
    flair
    kentucky balistics
    garand thumb
    blade mate lawncare
    tim the lawnmower man
    rad brad
    MKIceAndFire
    top notch idiots
    kitboga

many more that i cant think of. i actually watch youtube way more than professional tv series or hollywood because i fucking hate the entertainment industry, theyre all a bunch of jeffrey epstein island visiting scumbags. youtube channels are typically normal people making normal content
    Greg Doucette banned me from his channel for offending some fat chick he was critiquing. And that Kitboga's a fake. He isn't really scamming the scammers. Those are people he knows.

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Greg Doucette banned me from his channel for offending some fat chick he was critiquing. And that Kitboga's a fake. He isn't really scamming the scammers. Those are people he knows.
    Greg Doucette is an angry guy, im not surprised he did that.

also, i hope thats not true about kitboga, but i wouldnt know either way.

teedoff is online now Member
    Oh man, i love the charismatic voice. I discovered her like almost 3 years ago it seems. Very cute. Love watching her get all giddy. I think my favorite of hers is watching Stevie ray Vaughn live texas flood video. Lol

Mrballen is another one I love watching. He retells stories of the strange, mysterious and macabre. Think he's like an ex seal too.
    Last edited by teedoff; 10-01-2023 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeBrace View Post
    I love discovering new YouTube channels! It's like stumbling upon hidden gems.
    This has to be an AI bot.

Apparently Douccette's wife/girlfriend left him. Dude got crazy rich over the years, and I don't know, money and temptation in a sport full of vanity. Things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Apparently Douccette's wife/girlfriend left him. Dude got crazy rich over the years, and I don't know, money and temptation in a sport full of vanity. Things can happen.
    I like some of his older videos. Then he got really annoying. Then once he started pushing his cookbook, I tuned out.

She probably got tired of getting covered in his spit when she talked to him. Lol.

I watched a few videos of him here and there, but agree that his yelling and voice gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    I watched a few videos of him here and there, but agree that his yelling and voice gets annoying.
    He's pretty much just Gilbert Gottfried on gear, except he's not funny.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

This has to be an AI bot.
    He/it is on the short list.

Here's a good channel for you guys:

Jim's Automotive Machine Shop, inc.

They tear down ceased engines and machine them. It's a little dry, but if you're interested in engines it's a good watch.
    almostgone likes this.

I've been back at trying to learn guitar again. So guitar tutorials on youtube are all I've been watching lately. lol

Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    I've been back at trying to learn guitar again. So guitar tutorials on youtube are all I've been watching lately. lol
    What kind of stuff are you trying to learn to play?

What kind of stuff are you trying to learn to play?
    Play the guitar in general. lol I've picked it up a few times at different times in my life, just never stuck with it. Hopefully, at my age now I have the patience and determination to stick with it. I know basic chords and a few riffs here and there, but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Play the guitar in general. lol I've picked it up a few times at different times in my life, just never stuck with it. Hopefully, at my age now I have the patience and determination to stick with it. I know basic chords and a few riffs here and there, but thats about it.
    One thing that will help you a lot is to learn the "Segovian Scales." They're really just regular major and minor scales over 2-3 octaves. And once you learn the patterns, you can move them up and down the neck to do all of the scales. Pretty much every classical guitar student learns these as a way of training to fingerpick with their right hands, but they're just as useful with using a guitar pick. It will develop your ear as well. I'd print this PDF out and practice them. It has sheet music (which is something great to learn), but it also has the tabs and left-hand fingering charts which will get you to start learning them right away.

http://www.psstrings.com/uploads/2/4...via_scales.pdf

If you don't own a metronome, there are plenty of free ones you can download. It will save you a lot of time and headaches to just get used to practicing with a metronome from the beginning.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 12-14-2023 at 12:44 AM.
    teedoff likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information