• 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By JTP$
  • 3 Post By almostgone

Thread: DEA and Telemedicine

wellshii is offline Member

DEA and Telemedicine

Whats everyones opinion on this?
    What they are doing is in order to prescribed
    any scheduled meds, they must see the doctor in person.
    I get my stuff through a clinic and frankly like that way even though I pay more.
    Im already a super paranoid person so going ugl through online is an option I would rather not choose.
    And all my local doctors are dumb and any clinics here do the pellet thing. I live in a dumb city

https://youtu.be/D8mAggZZ6J4

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I've been hearing conflict reports on this. Some things I've read say things will continue as usual, but I've also heard the telemedicine provider will require an annual physical from a physician in your area. They'll provide the form, you go to a local physician of your choice, pay for the physical, they'll do a cursory exam, and provide information to telemedicine provider. .( Kind of like a DOT physical).

Again, that's nothing set on stone. Just one of many rumors that I've been reading/hearing.

There's one clinic in particular that's been posting a lot of speculation, but I won't go into that.
    wellshii likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Why so paranoid? Whats the worst thing that can happen? That your order gets confiscated probably. Your not gonna get criminal charges for having a little juice for personal use. So unless you work in the secret service or somewhere that requires 100% clean slate, theres nothing really to be concerned about exept loss of the goods you ordered, maybe some small fine or som3thing. I dont know the laws where you live but chances are its pretty much the same
    wellshii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Why so paranoid? Whats the worst thing that can happen? That your order gets confiscated probably. Your not gonna get criminal charges for having a little juice for personal use. So unless you work in the secret service or somewhere that requires 100% clean slate, theres nothing really to be concerned about exept loss of the goods you ordered, maybe some small fine or som3thing. I dont know the laws where you live but chances are its pretty much the same
    A lot of people that currently use telemedicine for their prescribed TRT are worried about this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

wellshii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I've been hearing conflict reports on this. Some things I've read say things will continue as usual, but I've also heard the telemedicine provider will require an annual physical from a physician in your area. They'll provide the form, you go to a local physician of your choice, pay for the physical, they'll do a cursory exam, and provide information to telemedicine provider. .( Kind of like a DOT physical).

Again, that's nothing set on stone. Just one of many rumors that I've been reading/hearing.

There's one clinic in particular that's been posting a lot of speculation, but I won't go into that.
    I think I know which clinic.
    But that sounds like a doable option if thats the case
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    I think I know which clinic.
    But that sounds like a doable option if thats the case
    I'll be glad to see this resolved and put to rest. Guys where I work that are depending on their clinic are getting nervous. I feel bad for them.
    wellshii likes this.

I dont like being watched .
    Lol

I'll be glad to see this resolved and put to rest. Guys where I work that are depending on their clinic are getting nervous. I feel bad for them.
    It is indeed. I mean we can still access but man what a pain in the ass itll be.

Someone on Reddit said they talked to their clinic and they were told since they are already a patient that they are grandfathered in. But idk about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    It is indeed. I mean we can still access but man what a pain in the ass itll be.

Someone on Reddit said they talked to their clinic and they were told since they are already a patient that they are grandfathered in. But idk about that one.
    That's the kicker on this. Too many theories,\unknowns. As best as I can tell from all of the contradictory viewpoints out there, the DEA updates to the Ryan Haight Act would have to be adopted in order for certain meds to be exempt from being scripted via telemedicine.

It's all a big clusterfvck.
    wellshii likes this.

This isn't buying from a UGL, etc. This has to do with clinics prescribing TRT..

I think you might have misread the post.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    This isn't buying from a UGL, etc. This has to do with clinics prescribing TRT..

I think you might have misread the post.
    Nah he did write his too paranaoid to order ugl

A little more information about the situation:

https://medcitynews.com/2023/03/the-...e-prescribing/
    wellshii likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Nah he did write his too paranaoid to order ugl
    He's talking about telemedicine. Which is how a lot of guys get their TRT medication and there's a lot of unknowns with how the DEA is going to allow them to operate. It's cheaper to go UGL for your medicine, but when you go through your doctor/clinic you have a legal RX to use the test AND you don't have to worry about if the vial of test is dosed properly and safe to use (from infections and what not).

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    He's talking about telemedicine. Which is how a lot of guys get their TRT medication and there's a lot of unknowns with how the DEA is going to allow them to operate. It's cheaper to go UGL for your medicine, but when you go through your doctor/clinic you have a legal RX to use the test AND you don't have to worry about if the vial of test is dosed properly and safe to use (from infections and what not).
    Hes asking why I would be paranoid buying ugl in which I did mention.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    when i first heard about this it was presented such that the DEA would mandate TRT doctors could only give you a one month supply, and youd have to go in for an in person check up for another months supply. the day this conclusion was to be formalized was May 11th, but i havent been able to find any more information on this.

anyone here have any information to share?

Looks like a temporary extension.

https://www.dea.gov/press-releases/2...es-prescribing
    wellshii likes this.

interesting, it would be so much more ideal if they would completely legalize testosterone , nandrolone , metenolone, drostenolone, dianabol , anavar , tamoxifen and cabergoline.
    wellshii likes this.

Meh ... they gave a 6 month extension while they reviewed comments from the public/ make a decision. That is a better outcome than I initially thought.
    956Vette, Testie and wellshii like this.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Meh ... they gave a 6 month extension while they reviewed comments from the public/ make a decision. That is a better outcome than I initially thought.
    I am starting back Trt and I talked to the guy about taking care of out of state people and he said no problem and a new clinic said test was one of the things that was changing but ED medication etc was good so this may end up being not a big deal

I had an appointment with my TRT doctor today, and i asked him about this pending decision. he told me it only applies to telemedicine and has no impact on TRT clinics that operate on in person check ups. no possibility to mandate once a month check ups with only one month of test being prescribed at a time.

i hope hes right, because having to see him once a month would drastically increase the cost of TRT.

Thread Information