• 1 Post By Mooseman33
  • 5 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 3 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 2 Post By XnavyHMCS
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By XnavyHMCS
  • 1 Post By wango

Thread: Justyn Vicky Freak Accieent. R.I.P.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Justyn Vicky Freak Accieent. R.I.P.

Another one far to young but a freak accident this time.

https://www.westernjournal.com/33-ye...paign=topdaily

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Another one far to young but a freak accident this time.

https://www.westernjournal.com/33-ye...paign=topdaily
    Yeah, I heard about that. It's tragic. But where was his spotter? And why wasn't he using a cage with safety bars. But accidents do happen. And we don't really think 450lbs is a lot of weight, but that's more than enough to kill somebody.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Yeah, I heard about that. It's tragic. But where was his spotter? And why wasn't he using a cage with safety bars. But accidents do happen. And we don't really think 450lbs is a lot of weight, but that's more than enough to kill somebody.
    The article said he spotter tried but failed to lift it off him. There is a video but I haven't watched it. Clearly he should have had 2 spotters and yes using a cage. I think his whole thing was trying to say you dont need a cage if its done right.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    There is another thread on this in the injuries subforum with link to the video of the accident.. he fell flat on his ass and the bar fell rightbdown on his neck. Only had one spotter who wasvbasically useless. I think it wrote in the comments he was spotting wrong also , just held the bar but could do nothing because of immense weight
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 07-24-2023 at 03:12 AM.
    lovbyts likes this.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    it was horrible to watch however we all see stupid shit daily in gyms.

that kind of weight can kill any of us quick.

fucking brutal to pass like this

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    It's dumb as hell to squat that much, especially at his size. He was 31... by 23 I knew I didn't need to squat that heavy to see good results. But people want attention and there is a reason his death was caught on camera. That Instagram attention got him good. He definitely made a splash with that one. RIP, but a damn stupid way to die.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    It's dumb as hell to squat that much, especially at his size. He was 31... by 23 I knew I didn't need to squat that heavy to see good results. But people want attention and there is a reason his death was caught on camera. That Instagram attention got him good. He definitely made a splash with that one. RIP, but a damn stupid way to die.
    Edited
    Last edited by Cuz; 07-28-2023 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    No surprise you post such a shit response. Good ole classic TM. Pay some fucking respect you fucking piece of shit
    Oh look it’s that dude who was a straight bitch before steroids and built his whole physique on drugs.

cmon fellas, knock that type of shit off. this thread is about someone dying.
    lovbyts and XnavyHMCS like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Oh look it’s that dude who was a straight bitch before steroids and built his whole physique on drugs.
    Edited
    Last edited by Cuz; 07-28-2023 at 07:37 AM.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    Its a fact jack. Dude is a shit bag

I think we are all blessed to have such a genetic gifted individual like TM. he constantly reminds us that he does not need gear, that he looked better without it. Also we are blessed with his lifting advice, you never need to squat 450, I mean he didn't and he got great results.

can't forget the part about telling people pct is joke and never needed.
    we need knowledge like his, who else will give out advice on stuff they never used?

please keep that in mind my brotha Cuz.
    Cuz likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    The way his neck was hyper flexed, less weight could have killed him. What amazes me is that likely the last voluntary thing he did was push that weight forward off off his neck, prior to rolling backwards. Too bad the spotter completely lost his balance backwards as well or he might have been able to simply pull the bar back before it rolled so far forward & saved his life.

RIP.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I don't think the answer is to avoid squatting heavy. The answer is to use a squat cage and have the safety rails in place. And also if you spot, pay attention to where the bar is going and stop it before it does damage. Either of these probably could've prevented his death.
    XnavyHMCS, Cuz, lovbyts and 2 others like this.

Heavy to me is weight you can’t do more than 5 times. The dude was a bodybuilder, not a power lifter. With his frame, he should not have been anywhere near that weight. Having safety measures and a good spotter should have been a given. It’s not like I don’t feel bad for dude, but that weight on his frame was totally unnecessary and cost him his life.
    XnavyHMCS, lovbyts and s1nc1ty like this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Heavy to me is weight you can’t do more than 5 times. The dude was a bodybuilder, not a power lifter. With his frame, he should not have been anywhere near that weight. Having safety measures and a good spotter should have been a given. It’s not like I don’t feel bad for dude, but that weight on his frame was totally unnecessary and cost him his life.
    True that. I never wanna do a squat 1 rep max, seems scary and is totally unneccesary unless your a powerlifter. Same with bench press... i never go under 3 reps.

But this accident could happen with any weight tho if you train until failure, fail and fall on your ass and the bar falls on your neck. So the only real solution is to use the rack.

Trying to do 1 rep max with much more weight you can handle is just asking for trouble
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 07-25-2023 at 03:15 AM.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    Wait till it shifts to blaming one of the political parties...
    lovbyts and Mooseman33 like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    That won't be allowed to take root.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    That won't be allowed to take root.
    Well, I certainly never doubted that.

You've got the conn and the helm. (Having the conn = controlling the vessel. Having the helm = steering the ship. FYI)

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You give me too much credit. There's sysadmin, *Admin*, Vette, Kel, BG, Bio, Booz, Spy, our vets, monitors, knowledgeable members, and productive members that all work together to keep the board from devolving into a clusterfvck. Then we have our members that enjoy the forum and like having a place to post up and hang out without a whirlwind of drama.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-26-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

And then, here comes the trouble maker, always stirring the pot, lol.

A shame, if only the spotter hadn’t fallen . . . Once again the kid had the presence of mind to push that weight off of his neck (meaning his spinal cord/nerves were still intact) because the spotter on the left barely did. Could be when he rolled his head forward to get it off is when the nerve got compressed.

Again an unfortunate tragedy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Justyn Vicky Freak Accieent.  R.I.P.-ada80c70-03dc-41ac-951a-d6b068c8b6c8.jpeg   Justyn Vicky Freak Accieent.  R.I.P.-be08b782-23c3-4a4a-a8e9-650715c1ce06.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 07-26-2023 at 11:59 AM.

wango likes this.

XnavyHMCS likes this.

Thread Information