Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Poems for the Summer months

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Out here in Southern California, it is currently 82 degrees. Beautiful day outside. Couldn't ask for better.
    Man, you guys always seem to have good weather,! Well, I can't speak for Ft. Irwin right now. I spent ~ 39 days on July/August on a shitty TDY looong ago. That was one hot mf-er.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Man, you guys always seem to have good weather,! Well, I can't speak for Ft. Irwin right now. I spent ~ 39 days on July/August on a shitty TDY looong ago. That was one hot mf-er.
    It's usually only really hot for like a week or two in August/September. And even at that, it's a dry heat so it's bearable. I honestly believe Southern California is the best climate in the world. We have more perfect days (weather-wise) than anywhere else in the world. I really wish they'd have more outdoor gyms here. When the gym I belong to moved their equipment outside for co-fraud-19, I really liked it and didn't want them moving the shit back inside.

It's the people here that I can't stand.
    XnavyHMCS and almostgone like this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's usually only really hot for like a week or two in August/September. And even at that, it's a dry heat so it's bearable. I honestly believe Southern California is the best climate in the world. We have more perfect days (weather-wise) than anywhere else in the world. I really wish they'd have more outdoor gyms here. When the gym I belong to moved their equipment outside for co-fraud-19, I really liked it and didn't want them moving the shit back inside.

It's the people here that I can't stand.
    Yeah... And from what I gather, it is only getting worse.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    It’s getting worse everywhere, but I’ve been noticing it now in particular for the past 50 or so years.

Out here in the Los Angeles area we have tiny little things called cities. There’s lots of them actually & in each little city are a variety of neighborhoods. So it works like this, you find a city and then a neighborhood that is consistent with your tastes and values & you live there.

For instance, in our little neck of the woods: Almost white as the driven snow. Not that it’s the reason we moved there, but you know what, it’s safe, clean, and most importantly, as polite as I remember it being in the mid 60’s. Heck, strangers actually wave to each other as we walk or drive in our nirvana.

Now I imagine I could move to another state and find many/most of the above and at a much lower cost of living, but these folks are just fine. Plus as said, the weather ain’t bad (until it gets over 100+ again, which it certainly will for several days).
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    It’s getting worse everywhere, but I’ve been noticing it now in particular for the past 50 or so years.

Out here in the Los Angeles area we have tiny little things called cities. There’s lots of them actually & in each little city are a variety of neighborhoods. So it works like this, you find a city and then a neighborhood that is consistent with your tastes and values & you live there.

For instance, in our little neck of the woods: Almost white as the driven snow. Not that it’s the reason we moved there, but you know what, it’s safe, clean, and most importantly, as polite as I remember it being in the mid 60’s. Heck, strangers actually wave to each other as we walk or drive in our nirvana.

Now I imagine I could move to another state and find many/most of the above and at a much lower cost of living, but these folks are just fine. Plus as said, the weather ain’t bad (until it gets over 100+ again, which it certainly will for several days).
    Nice to see a different perspective.

All the years I spent stationed in (I understand that this is marginally different than living there as a civilian.) SoCal, I enjoyed the hell out of it. The sun, the sand and the surf (NOT all those two are cracked up to be, when you "enjoyed" them like I did.), was well worth the sacrifice of living amongst the locals... My lady and I use to spend every Sunday morning with our asses camped out on our Crazy Creek chairs, reading the Sunday paper overlooking LaJolla Cove. I would bring my climbing shoes and play on the wall or swim the marked distance from the cove... Man, my life is lightyears removed from that time and place. Californication...!!!
    wango likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Nice to see a different perspective.

All the years I spent stationed in (I understand that this is marginally different than living there as a civilian.) SoCal, I enjoyed the hell out of it. The sun, the sand and the surf (NOT all those two are cracked up to be, when you "enjoyed" them like I did.), was well worth the sacrifice of living amongst the locals... My lady and I use to spend every Sunday morning with our asses camped out on our Crazy Creek chairs, reading the Sunday paper overlooking LaJolla Cove. I would bring my climbing shoes and play on the wall or swim the marked distance from the cove... Man, my life is lightyears removed from that time and place. Californication...!!!
    I totally understand peoples dissatisfaction & understand why they are moving to other states. However there are pockets of this goofy place that can be old school in its attitude and style of living.

However, when you have to leave that pocket, there is some awful shit going on. That goes for the less fortunate folks/areas, but in particular the very wealthy. Sometimes I’d rather walk among the gang bangers (and do at our park, just not after dark, lol) then go “over the hill”.

I’ve never been a water/beach guy myself. And, I would still be in Chicago, but my baby grew up around here and that fantastic weather got to me the very first Winter and I was hooked.

Lol, Chachi moves to Florida.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poems for the Summer months-7c341b94-b8c1-492d-8028-b51a81709ffe.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Lol, Chachi moves to Florida.[/B]
    Ha Ha Ha...!!!
    Fucking Chachi...
    I'm surprised that he has survived the years...
    wango likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information