Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member

Pictures, mirrors different lighting which do you really look like?

Anyone else ever wonder this? I see myself in one mirror and i look scrawny, another I look huge, one picture i look tiny but another i look big. I wonder what I really look like.... sorry for this pointless post just a thought I felt like posting.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    Anyone else ever wonder this? I see myself in one mirror and i look scrawny, another I look huge, one picture i look tiny but another i look big. I wonder what I really look like.... sorry for this pointless post just a thought I felt like posting.
    it all has to do with lighting...=) an overhead light casts more shadows and makes you look more cut up, imo.

-- clocky baby

The type of lighting also has a lot of effects on how a person looks...

Fluorescent tubes give off a very harsh greenish light, incadescent bulbs give a softer orange light, halogens give a harsh orange...

Just take a digital camera and turn off all auto white balance and colour correction on it and take pictures of the same person using different kinds of lighting.

Results can be pretty interesting!

So to answer your question when it comes to how we appear, YES lighting makes all the difference in the world.

Red

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    LOL....I know exactly what you mean bro. Sometimes I look skinny, the other time I see myself muscular...It wierd. When Im high, I see myself in diffrent shapes...

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, don't try to check yourself out in a changing room at certain stores. The lighting is specially engineered to be extremely flat and casts virtually no shadows. Definate downer if you don't know about it beforehand.

Gotta agree with Clocky; overhead lighting makes your definition stand out the most. It's also easier to see progress in pictures with overhead lighting.

Thread Information