Thread: auto auctions

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member

auto auctions

Anyone ever buy a car from a auto auction. They're 're usually repossesed. Just wondering if people bought good reliable cars, or anyone have horror stories.

Doc

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Never been to one of those, but stay away from private auctions. The owners often have friends help to raise the bid.

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    You can get good deals at a public auction. My stepdad bought a 1997 Nissan Sentra a few months ago for only $1500. 75,000 miles. The thing hasn't had a problem yet.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Most of them will let you start the car to hear the motor. I pull a couple plug wires off so they have to push the car in for the bidding. After everyone see's that, no one wants to bid on that car.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Most of them will let you start the car to hear the motor. I pull a couple plug wires off so they have to push the car in for the bidding. After everyone see's that, no one wants to bid on that car.
    Haha, nice.

Kato is offline Member
    Doc........there is everthing from junkyard to almost brand new.........you gotta have an idea as to what your looking for, check it all over, and if you buy I know some places have a ride and drive, if the auto knocks or something stupid you don't have to go thru w/ the transactions....... I went 4 times before I finally found what I was looking for.

And if you can get away w/ it do what LordBLiTZ recommeneded.......thats a great idea!

Kato

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    what are the terms of purchase... cash only ? car loan? I know that in many R.E. auctions you need to be a cash buyer or a large amount in cash

Thread Information