Goodbye AR! Much thanks from HP...

Hey everyone,
    I'm back in a rut. The greatest depression I've ever been in... life just seems not to be interesting anymore. I'm not sure if I have much to live for and I don't know if anyone has much of a reason for me to want to live. I'm going to be leaving this board now. I'm moving out of the country in three weeks to get the fuck away from this life that has been one long boring routine for 20 fucking years. My thoughts are now a series of vacant, shallow wishes that are the product of a heartless society. I can't stand the way people have turned out in this country so I'm leaving. Don't worry, I'll be fine, I'm not committing suicide or any ungodly act like that, I'm just getting away from here.

Before I leave I'd like to say that you guys here at AR are truly special. Like a different breed of humans. Funny, supportive like my friends back here at home, committed, and most of all understanding. I appreciate everyone's help. I wish you all the best of luck abroad.

Hopefully I will be back in the near future.

Much thanks,
    HP

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck bro and don't do anything stupid...

P.T.P is offline Junior Member
    Good luck to you and take care of yourself

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, I hate to see you go! Weren't you starting back school real soon and such too?

I just started... I guess I just can't handle it. Too bad I was really looking forward to college. But I've got to get outta here... I need some variety. I need a job with lots of work to keep myself busy...
    Im very disapointed but I need this.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Damn big man, hate to see you go. Ive only been here for a little, but seen your posts numerous times. Good luck with everything, Im sure it will turn out for the best. For now bye.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Shit Huge you been to MT? come up this way 8) everyones different up here in this neck of the woods. Ill miss seeing your avatar 2 8)

Sonnie is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I have seen your avatar a thousand times myself - and have gained from your advice. Sad to know we wont be seeing you around anymore.

I too went through extreme depression - Go to your doctor and ask for a script for a SSRI called Cipramil (I think its called Celexia in the US). It helps. Trust me - Things will start to make sence and have meaning again.

Good Luck bro!!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Good luck bro in whatever you end up doing.

SirBen187 is offline Junior Member
    Keep your head up bro. Many people out there have it much worse. Life is worth living.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    one foot in front of the other brother

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Good luck HP! Where you moving to?

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie
    Yeah I have seen your avatar a thousand times myself - and have gained from your advice. Sad to know we wont be seeing you around anymore.

I too went through extreme depression - Go to your doctor and ask for a script for a SSRI called Cipramil (I think its called Celexia in the US). It helps. Trust me - Things will start to make sence and have meaning again.

Good Luck bro!!

No offence bro but you dont need pills cause sooner or later you have to come into reality I dont think you need to leave the country Ill shoot you a pm bro

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    No pills, not magic pills....you need to find whats wrong only by yourself, but rememver anyone in yourt presence has and effect on you...might seem bad but its only for the god.

Traveling and exploring will help you develop.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    wrstlr69sdnl you have a lot to learn about chronic depression. The "pills" don't take you away from reality. They don't make you high, they aren't magic pills.

Antidepressants correct a chemical imbalance involving seratonin in the brain. By analogy, it's like HRT for people with chronically low testosterone . It's a *physiological* problem, it's not just something "in your head".

MMC78 I had a friend that was on those and from what I see they did help her out BUT a week or 2 she was back on them I just dont think anyone needs to be on depression pills because in all realness it does make a chemical imbalence in there mind and in reality are TAKEN out of reality because they all of a sudden become happy if you want to talk more on this shoot me a pm I really dont want to argue on HPs thread

background info

Wrestler it's cool if you want to argue on the thread...as the effectiveness of pills is currently a big debate issue when concerning psychological health. Here is some background info on my history when considering antidepressents:
    I've been on four different anti-depressants since I started high school many years ago. I am currently taking paxil. It seems like although they might have had some kind of effect, life got harder and shittier the longer it went on, which neutralized the effectiveness of the drugs. Lately I've simply been down on the painful realization that I haven't really grown up yet. While some of my friends are already out of college and even married, I'm still this little boy-like figure without a true knowledge of the outside world. I need to get out of this town which has "imprisoned" me for my whole life. I'm not sure if just moving over one city would be enough, but I know personally that I need a new environment and new people to be around.

Anyways, I will be joining my brother as a temporary room mate up north in Ontario.
    As always best of luck to all of you. I truly appreciate the support.

HP
    Last edited by Huge Presser; 08-30-2003 at 12:15 AM.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Again good luck...oh yhea bring blankets, Canada gets cold in the fall....LOL

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Again good luck...oh yhea bring blankets, Canada gets cold in the fall....LOL
    Don't forget ur snowboard, bro. Gonna rip shit up this winter!

actually bro I have thought about leaving caifornia and moving to montana and starting a new life nobody around no one just buy some acrs and just live the life you want

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    HP,

Best of luck bro, I truely hope everything works out and you're able to be back here at AR soon.

xxxl83

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huge Presser
    . . . s n i p . . .
    Lately I've simply been down on the painful realization that I haven't really grown up yet. While some of my friends are already out of college and even married, I'm still this little boy-like figure without a true knowledge of the outside world.
    . . . s n i p . . ..
    HP

Think you haven't grown up yet, eh?
    I wouldn't worry about that, unless you're basically irresponsible and undisciplined, and something tells me that's probably not the case here.

That your friends have finished college and married doesn't mean diddly squat, and I'll tell you why.
    While everyone needs some sort of education and social interaction, not everyone can benefit from the same education and the same sorts of social interaction. Different people have different aptitudes for different stuff; people with lots of creativity and lots of business sense can drop out of college and end up like Bill Gates; but if his folks had forced him to endure 4 years of college, the experience could have killed his creativity and we'd all be running Linux and Mr Bill could be some software salesman working for some small company. On the other hand, lots of folks have little to no creativity and lots of business sense and end up as accountants or government drones, which works well for them. Some folks have creativity and a good ear for music, and they end up as songwriters; folks without creativity and with mechanical knack end up fixing cars. Last I heard (from my shrink) there are over 250 different aspects of human intelligence (musical abilities; spacial perception, vocabulary, abstract thinking, math, social, athletic, etc abilities), and no two people ever end up with the same combinations in the same intensities with the same backgrounds and opportunities to develop 'em.
    The point of all this is to say that you ain't like anyone else. You ain't like your friends; you aren't like your relatives. And it sounds to me you haven't figured out yet what your aptitudes and interests are, and you probably don't have the help you need to find your direction and to get there.
    This by itself is enough to make ya hopeless and frustrated.
    There's a shoe to fit every foot in this world, and while sometimes they gotta be custom-made, everyone's got the right fit somewhere, and that's what you gotta do . . . Sometimes professional counselors can help, sometimes ya just gotta figure it out on your own. But when you finally do get things all sorted out, you'll look back on all this crap you're dealing with now and you'll say, "If only I knew then what I know now," then hit the sack with your sweetie and etc etc etc etc.

Now the above few paragraphs will either make an awful lot of sense, or it'll be complete and utter crap . . . since most of this sort of advice tends to be crap, I'm gonna assume that because I don't know diddly about your present situation, I'm so far off course I may as well be living on Pluto.
    But I figured I'd post it anyway, in the off chance that it might be helpful. So, if it turns out to be largely irrelevant, just file it away with all the other well-intentioned advice in your circular file. In the off chance it's helpful, you can thank me by buying some poor kid in the slums some shoes or something.
    Either way, I wish you the best of luck . . . the world basicly sucks, but sometimes ya luck out and you're on the good side of the sucking, so keep yer hopes up . . .
    Best,
    --Tock

ps-Geez, I haven't been this windy since the time I ate two quarts of bean soup and two gallons of milk in one day . . .

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck in the future bro, your presence around here will be missed.

Get things straightened out and get back here when u can!

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I say we promote him to a VET then he can leave like the others. (Just Playin Guys)

Good Luck HP, I'm sure we'll see you around sometime. Take Care. -dizzle

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Take care Bro ! Best of Luck..

mass junkie is offline banned
    Damn bro hate to see you go..........But we all know you gotta do what you gotta do...Good luck

Thanks a lot everyone... just remember my philosophy on lifting and eating... go all out to the best of your ability... I'll miss yall.

K this is gettin way too dramatic so I'm just gonna leave with a simple goodbye. I've got to drive down to my friend's house in a few minutes and tell him what I'm doing. You guys are the first to know.
    Peace and best of luck to all!

HP

good luck on the new life bro

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Best of luck and we will be here waiting if you want to pop in and let us know how your doing from time to time.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Good luck bro!!

lilbull is offline Associate Member
    well Damn man, I hate to hear things aren't too great for you. I'm sure everything will work out fine. Get back to us as soon as you can man. Good Luck
    Later

Bull

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn HP sorry to see you go. Hope you find what ever your lookin for. Good luck and see ya when you get a chance to visit us again.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    HP, I know what you're goingthrough and a change like this just might be what you need at this point in your life. I to am fixing to make a big move to try and put back together the family I almost lost. Best of luck to ya bro, and just remember to take it one day at a time. If ya ever need to talk you know how to get ahold of me.

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    HP bro, so sorry to see you go.

But you gota do what you think is best for you, nobody else can make that choice.

Gona miss you bro, best of luck.

TANK

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Best of luck to you!!!! Cananda is such a beautiful place, I hope you find true happiness. You will be missed.

Take care! Let us know if there's anything we can do!!!!

BLT

Thread Information