Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Thank F'ing God!!

U.S. judge stops lawsuit against McDonald's

New York — For a second time this year, a federal judge threw out a class-action lawsuit Thursday that blamed McDonald's for making its customers fat.

U.S. District Court Judge Robert Sweet said the plaintiffs failed to show that the fast-food chain misled consumers into believing its food was nutritious and part of a healthy diet. He had tossed out an earlier version of the lawsuit in January that claimed McDonald's food caused health problems in children.

On Thursday he rejected a request that the plaintiffs be permitted to file a new version, which claimed that McDonald's violated New York's consumer protection laws and engaged in deceptive advertising.
    The Manhattan judge said the lawsuit failed to back allegations that any injuries resulted from McDonald's representations about its french fries or hash browns.

In his earlier ruling, Judge Sweet said consumers cannot blame McDonald's if they choose to eat there.

"If a person knows or should know that eating copious orders of supersized McDonald's products is unhealthy and may result in weight gain ... it is not the place of the law to protect them from their own excesses," he wrote at the time.
    if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Gecko") == -1 && navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Netscape") == -1) { if (document.getElementById) { css_tableJig(); } } else { document.write(".boxad { float: none; clear: none;}") }

palme is offline Rosie Member
    "french fries" ehrm thats FREEDOM FRIES!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    AMEN, brother, AMEN!!!! LOOK all you fat ass people, quit blaming fast food restaurants and take a hard look in the mirror...QUIT GOING!

Shit like this pisses me off!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    AMEN, brother, AMEN!!!! LOOK all you fat ass people, quit blaming fast food restaurants and take a hard look in the mirror...QUIT GOING!

Shit like this pisses me off!
    When this first came out I was furious!

These fat lazy fucks are looking for a quick $ and a scape goat for their obeseity!! Get off your fat fucking ass...eat healthy...and stop playing the fucking victim!! Why does everyone want the easy way out! Fuck!

They should be shot with a ball of their own shit!!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    errrrrr.....some people.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

mfenske is offline Member
    As much fat people get on my nerves I gotta admit that I like having them around. There are a few reasons for this. 1. Motivation- Don't wanna look like that (again. I used to be nearly 300lbs @ about 40% bodyfat.) 2. They make those of us that care about our health look even better. If everyone looked fit and healthy we'd all just be regular joes. I like being an individual by being physically fit. On a related note have you all noticed that fat people only seem to shop at Wal-Mart, and all on the same day so if you need like 2 items you have to dodge heifers the entire time. Mark

Thread Information