gino_slayer is offline Associate Member

HELP! (I know it's not in the right forum)

before i begin let me say i know this is not in the right forum so move it if it needs to be moved, but I just put it here because this is where most everybody hangs out.

listen guys... i just need a little help getting over my recent breakup. It was completely mutual (we had a long discussion about it) but i can't seem to get over it. I have lost all motivation to do anything... school, eat, train... everything. Is there anything i can do to get over this. I know everybody has gone through something of this nature... what did you guys do to cope with it.

And also, i dont know how im going to move on to another... im staying single for quite some time after this one but i just really need a kick start... just some stuff like "there are more fish in the sea", or some shit like that.

thank you to anyone who responds.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Bro...... Life goes on. I've been there and so have others. After a while it will not hurt so bad. Go to the gym, hang with your bro's, do something but stop thinking about her. There are a million girls out there. When your ready go out and have fun. You only live once so don't waste it on "What did I do wrong" or "If I had another chance". Just move on bro.

Oh yeah this is the wrong forum to post this stuff Just bustin your stones.

skii96 is offline Member
    Ive been there bro. Plan up a nice big cycle for yourself, getting packages is like getting christmas gifts everyday. Get everything set up for your cycle and just concentrate on it, diet and training. Get HUGE!!!! Give yourself a goal and go for it! it will at least help take your mind off things.

As for school i cant help ya cause i never ahve motivation for that shit, thank god its my last year of this shit!!

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Skii nailed it! I myself am going through a divorce with kids to boot. And all the frustration is more fuel for the gym. My thing now is just getting as big as possible. I havn't seen my kids in 3 months and I miss them like crazy. I think once you jump back to the gym things will get better. Good luck bro!

talon is offline Senior Member
    Bro, hows this. I there right now. I just got out of a 2 year relationship, 6 weeks ago. Its hard, but once you see the light (other girls, hanging out having a good time, etc.), it will help. Just try to get up and go to the gym or downtown to a club, etc. I know its hard, but once you motivate yourself, you will become motivated. Good luck bro, cause I know its hard.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I just recently broke up with a chick also. It was hard and I still think about her every day, but now I just get mad when I think about her and I use that to fuel my workouts.

I couldn't stop thinking about her, so every time I started to think about her, I would think about the negative things. It was hard to find negative things about her, but it gets easier and easier as time goes on.

Point is, you start to associate that person with negative things instead of, "the good times".

Try to get involved in things that you really like. That'll help take your mind off of her a little bit.

Good luck.

thanks alot guys... it's pretty damn hard
    thinking about the good times gets down so bad... all the money i spent, and the time... FUCK IT! IT's the end and i have to accept that as reality. I need to move on... I personally like thinknig about the good times but im just gonna think of this as a learning experience... so many memento's to put into a box and forget about... FUCK!!!

neways... thanx ALOT guys... if anybody else has any other suggestions (or just needs to vent) this is where you can do it and i will join you.

thanks again and if anybody has any other suggestions or anything to say for that matter feel free to add.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Man, I know exactly what you are going through; I divorced the Bitch 18 months ago, after being together for 6 years. At first it was really hard; I had a knot in my stomach 24-7. Then slowly it got better. I got a lot of help from my friends. Started back hanging out with the guys more and more, I had to push myself. At first I just wanted to lie around and do nothing, but I would say, to myself, "Hell No I am going to go out and have a good time, one day I am going to die and until then I am going go like hell". I started going out to the clubs; I had forgotten how much fun that was. Now I am so much happier. Looking back it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I am now 36 , and having the time of my life!!!!!! And as to your motivation to train, do as I do, think about that beautiful blond that you will have on your arm, at the club next Saturday night. Works for me every time.

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    im in the middle of a divorce right now. i was fine with everything until i found out that my ex had a guy waiting for her. she lied to me for a few weeks about it until i took the initiative and went to where she was staying and found her in the sack with this guy. needless to say i should have stayed away but i needed to know so i could move on. it sucks really bad somedays but my bro's are behind me and they really do make it easier. if you have to get angry and think she's a whore or a bitch so be it. im 31 almost 32 and was getting really bummed thinking that i would never be able to find another hot chick to be in my life. im thinking thats bullshit now. i figure after a couple of cycles ill be able to get any chick im interested in (if theyre single) i have to sell my house and i had to find a good home for my dog (prettiest pit youve ever seen) so dont feel bad your not alone.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    The minute you give someone the power to control your life like that...........it's all downhill from there............a break-up is always hard............but you can not let it limit your life.......

of course it's easier said then done tho............but damn......shit like that only gives me more power in the gym..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

thanx everyone... im kinda getting better... to be honest I dont even know if it's really hit me yet... sometimes it doeas and other times it doesn't.

none-the-less thanx to everyone who helped out... it wont be forgotten

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Therapy. Do it privately and give it a couple of months.

Thread Information