max_lft79 is offline New Member

I have a problem

I went shopping for clothes a pair of jeans. I went were I always go, "american eagle, Abercrombie and aeropostale". however No jeans would fit around my waist. they fit baggy everywere els but not around my waist. A little history about my self. I am 6'3" 242lbs it is almost all muscle with fairly low bodyfat.I am currently bulking and probably am 13% body fat tops. I have been bodybuilding for almost 5 years. when I started I was 160lbs so you see where i am coming from. I know the reason pants are not fitting me it's because my ass is freakin huge. it's not wide but it pokes out like crazy and if I could find pants that fit, i could probably iron them on my a$$. that is how perky my A$$ has become. I hate it, even though it is rock hard muscle I would trade with j-lo at this point.( I wish my triceps responded to lifting as well as my A$$ does. I am sure you guys think this is a joke but I am dead serious. Can any of you guys relate to me on this?please tell me i am not going to have to shop at the big and tall store. I never really realized this problem till 2night when I could not fit into 36" waist jeans I mean come on I 6'3" and 242lbs, I shouldn't have to wear 40" wait pants should I?
    well any words from anyone would be great right now. whether you dicide to use comforting words of wisdom or just want to laugh at the guy with the big A$$ please do. thanks

I hear ya bud. I'm 6'2" and 260, and I’m running 40 in the waist as well. Ever since I started to get serious with the Squats and Deadlifts the old ass and mid section ballooned out on its own. By no means am I complaining though. I think big legs and ass (muscular) looks a hell of a lot better than none of the above. It's just pretty well impossible to find a decent pair of jeans that would fit. One thing that I did find though, is when I brought my hamstrings into proportion, with the rest of my legs, my ass didn't look quite so out of place. You might try then laying off on the heavy Squats and dead lifts a bit, hitting your hams a little harder, or getting used to spending big bucks on designer jeans.
    Last edited by THE BIG RED MACHINE; 12-21-2001 at 11:52 PM.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    You do A LOT of squats...hah??

Bro, who cares if you're bootys a little big. Girls love a bootylicious booty as much as we like it on them. Instead of free weight squats, use the smith machine. . .and go ASS TO THE FLOOR on every rep! If poundage has to be lowered so be it, but let them quads catch up to your ghetto booty.. Ok, i had to make one remark.

Don't feel bad, my ass is growing at a similiar pace as well. I need to start going lower on my squats as well, i go parallel, but for taller people, ass to the floor is a must for total symetry. Good luck bro, and as Sir Mix A Lot says " I like big butts and i can not lie, new other sisters can't deny, that when a JUICER walks in wit a itty bitty waste, and a round thing in their face, their nips get SPRUNG!" lol
    Keep your head up bro, nice stats btw.

max_lft79 is offline New Member
    hey, thanks for the replies. I actually feel better. I thought I was a mutant. I admir you guys. You guys have not only accepted your asses but you wear them with pride. Hell ya! "I'm a fine motha f***er gotta back that azz up" lol

you guys are right though about building up those hams. that is a definate lagging point for me. great feedback guys, thanks

Doing your leg press with your legs positioned higher on the platform is another good alternative to doing squats in order to bring up those lagging hamstrings and keeping the stress to a minimum on your gluts. Also don't always think that you necessarily have to go all out balls to the walls with the weight on every set of press. As a change, try knocking your weight down to about 25% or so of you Max and try banging out 40 or 50 good reps. I guarantee you'll feel like your legs have been adequately worked out after that! The principal works the same for hack squats as well!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Cardio, Boys, Cardio . . .

Right now, you'll probably have to go with anything that fits. But as far as getting your ass in shape, cardio is the way to do it. Forget the treadmill, and go straight for a stairclimber - it will strangthen your leg muscles (a little icing on the cake in terms of what you've been doing with weights) and help reduce your butt. Second choice - an eliptical crosstrainer at a high incline (like the Precor, since Startracs and Life elipticals do not have adjustable inclines).

By the way, has anyone had the same problem with shirts (as in dress shirts or cotton shirts with collars)? I have a 19" neck, but if I try to buy a shirt with a 19" neck it fits me like a freakin' tent. (Most athletic-cut shirts only go up to 17" or 18" necks.) It seems that on-the-rack shirts that fit at the neck/chest balloon out at the waist big time. A major drag, the only solution to which is getting them custom made. Not to mention being tall and trying to find shirts with 37" sleeves . . .

Thread Information