Thread: 512 encripytion

jarrett is offline Senior Member

512 encripytion

thinking about upgrading to 512 encription with a keylogger....

but isnt 512 illegal

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Just a note: I don't know anything about this, but I did a google search.

It appears that 512 is not illegal, in fact in this article they are suggesting that it be taken up to 768.

I will let someone who knows more than I respond though.

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    Just a note: I don't know anything about this, but I did a google search.

It appears that 512 is not illegal, in fact in this article they are suggesting that it be taken up to 768.

I will let someone who knows more than I respond though.

yeah i was thinking a year ago it was illegal and that i would jsut have to encript it 256 a few times.

oh well... time to start writing some code.

I hate john Ashcroft, all encription is illegal with this new homestead act...

Don't worry about it, in the UK one of my buddies there told me that although all encryption is indeed legal, refusing to divulge your passkey to the "law" is illegal and will land you in jail...

Thats fuked...

Red

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well guys I am not much on the "legal" standpoint on encription. However I know that it "used" to be a US law that sending anything with 128 bit encription (or more) across "International waterways" was illegal. Well from what I understand, it was not only illegal but would be read by "authoritative figures".
    Now I am not sure if this law is still into effect. however I do know for a fact that a buddy of mine and I were doing some digging and we found that there were two servers that would always appear to never be able to resolve in other words they would never go away. These were suggested to use by someone whom I wont' mention here, as US's computer monitoring services. From what was explained to me, there are/were computers out there in which all emails going to countries "outside" of the US were being monitored. Therefore, if anything crossed and went outside of the US it could and would be read by someone watching. this was years before 9-11.
    Now today's technology, I heard from a very "reliable" source that the FBI and the CIA are monitoring even closer all emails. Even emails that are even routed inside of the US and other countries. I understand that the US governement has a monitoring system on every piece of email that is sent. They can track any Cell phone call, any email or any website that can be accessed. When I heard that, I knew then that the Internet was no longer "private" and if "Big Brother" wanted to know what you were doing, he could easily find out.
    You may want to read my write up on encription and how government agencies are finding ways to get around this. Even so, with technology the way it is today, even if things are encripted there are many ways to by pass it.

Thread Information