Thread: Propose?

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor

Propose?

Well, I haven't been around in a while primarily due to my fathers health, however, I am about to "pop" the question to the love of my life (maybe in a month or so). Any ideas? I heard the ol' fortuen cookie story...etc etc...but do any of you have any really original/creative ideas?

Wish I could be more original, but best of luck and let us know what you decide. An early congrats. Cheers

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Congrats doc! Sorry, i don't have any ideas. BUMP for a good bro

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    congrats bro! why dont you make signs or billboards and post em on the road. drive home with your wife and shel see 4 signs, WILL, YOU, MARRY, ME?

sounds cheesy as hell but thats how my best friend proposed to his wife.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    find a place that you and her find to be a special place that is somewhat important to the both of you and do it there..

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    find a place that you and her find to be a special place that is somewhat important to the both of you and do it there..
    WOW...Now THAT is original! Just messin with ya, man.

AnabolicAlien Guest

phatmark

i agree with fatmark

it actually is original to choose a place that means a lot to the both of you. i'm sure what means a lot to my gf and i is much different from any other couple.

that being said, i would try a different message board for this kind of question. i don't think there's a lot of sensitive, romantic guys on here! lol. maybe try searching google for "best ways to propose" or something like that.

good luck bro. it's going to be hard getting up and eating the same bowl of cereal for breakfast everyday if you know what i mean.

E.T.

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    A mate of mine proposed to his missus on a hot air balloon flight which sounds like a pretty original idea.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    take her to KFC and propose a family feast each, stick it in the tub of baked beans when she isnt looking. When she finds it she'll be blown away! Romantic or what!

Lady Legs is offline Female Member
    My husband of 10 years now proposed to me in a lovely little resteraunt we loved to go to. We were sitting there waiting on our dinner to come and all of a sudden he got up from the table and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Everyone in the place clapped when I said yes .
    I think something like this is always what a woman is looking for , Some place that is special to you both and for the guy to ask in the "On the ole one knee trick". But asking in front of a crowd always makes it more memoriable because the lady knows you put all fears aside to "make a scene" ( so to say) in front of alot of people just for her.
    Good luck to you both . I will say this NO matter HOW you ask her if she is ready for marriage and she truly loves you SHE WILL LOVE THE QUESTION no matter how you ask it!!!!!

LL

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien
    i agree with fatmark

good luck bro. it's going to be hard getting up and eating the same bowl of cereal for breakfast everyday if you know what i mean.

E.T.
    LMAO...

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartDocMD
    Well, I haven't been around in a while primarily due to my fathers health, however, I am about to "pop" the question to the love of my life (maybe in a month or so). Any ideas? I heard the ol' fortuen cookie story...etc etc...but do any of you have any really original/creative ideas?

Congrats Doc........

BG

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien

E.T.
    i literally lost it when i read that a few seconds ago...

doc: since you seem pretty skilled with the knife, you could do open heart surgery on yourself and pull the ring out from inside. any girl would love that 'heartfelt' gesture.

nyuck nyuck.

pretty original, eh?

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Congrats. I'm kind of a traditional girl....so I would love the romantic dinner, flowers and the getting on one knee approach. Sweet, simple, and intimate. Or maybe a picnic dinner on the beach under the moonlight and the one knee thing.

Best wishes to you in your future.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.
    Will you marry me?

SCORE!

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Congrats bro.

Two words: Prenuptial agreement.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Congrats!!! I wish you all many happy years together...

ttuPrincess Guest
    I work in a restaurant and see many guys propse like it has been described... while yes it seems very nice to those watching.. i dont think I would like that...

try a different approce to the old way...

go to a restaurant that has a patio or veranda or such (even better if the restaurant is on a lake or ocean).. after dinner ask her is she would join you for a night cap ( drink) on the patio or whatever to look at the stars.. it should be nic and quite if your there not on a friday/saturday night about 9 30 or so ..

point at a star and say oh look at that , and when she looks back down you can be on one knee with the ring..

NOW.. let us see the ring!!!!!!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    hmm, congrats on finding the love of your life Good luck!

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    I took my wife to the beach and told her turn around and draw something in the sand
    when I told her to look at mine it said

will u marry me

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    I work in a restaurant and see many guys propse like it has been described... while yes it seems very nice to those watching.. i dont think I would like that...

try a different approce to the old way...

go to a restaurant that has a patio or veranda or such (even better if the restaurant is on a lake or ocean).. after dinner ask her is she would join you for a night cap ( drink) on the patio or whatever to look at the stars.. it should be nic and quite if your there not on a friday/saturday night about 9 30 or so ..

point at a star and say oh look at that , and when she looks back down you can be on one knee with the ring..

NOW.. let us see the ring!!!!!!
    sorry to highjack your thread heartdoc, but i have to know...ttu, is that you in your avatar?

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rush
    sorry to highjack your thread heartdoc, but i have to know...ttu, is that you in your avatar?
    no its not

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member
    try to make it on to jeopardy and have ur girlfriend sit in the audience. When the final question comes around instead of writing a real answer write will u marry me so when alex trebek goes show ur final answer and stuff it says will u marry me

skinnyhb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce willis
    try to make it on to jeopardy and have ur girlfriend sit in the audience. When the final question comes around instead of writing a real answer write will u marry me so when alex trebek goes show ur final answer and stuff it says will u marry me
    hahaha, that would be so awesome.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    goodluck to ya doc. i hope everything works out for you!

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Thanks for all the replies. As of now, I have set up a few things for the day...just so as to leave my options open. I booked a broadway showed "Wicked," its supposed to be one of the best new shows out there, along with a beautiful/romantic restaurant nearby.

When I was going through medical school, after I would be done studying, she would meet me at this cute little park...and we would sit and reflect. I would complain about all the work, and she would just sit and listen...

Soooo....from all your advice (mostly good ) I think I might in someway involve the park...hmmm! Alright, thanks again everyone, I appreciate it.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Thanks for all the replies. As of now, I have set up a few things for the day...just so as to leave my options open. I booked a broadway showed "Wicked," its supposed to be one of the best new shows out there, along with a beautiful/romantic restaurant nearby.

When I was going through medical school, after I would be done studying, she would meet me at this cute little park...and we would sit and reflect. I would complain about all the work, and she would just sit and listen...

Soooo....from all your advice (mostly good ) I think I might in someway involve the park...hmmm! Alright, thanks again everyone, I appreciate it.
    She'll love that bro...
    I never suggested anything b/c I've never been in that position (thankfully so, I'm 19).... but I'm sure that will be great... good luck brutha!

ttuPrincess Guest
    everyones getting married/engaged... summer is the wedding season

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    everyones getting married/engaged
    How bout you?

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

propse then donkey punch her.. lol j/k

i would write it in chalk at a certin part of the park.. and just walk around and eventualy get there she probobly wont even notice it untill you point it out.... good luck

Thread Information