Fullback57 is offline Associate Member

Really interesting read......

cb25 is offline Banned
    Interesting read - it paints a pretty good picture about how the general public views steroids . I always ask myself, would they feel differently if they actually understood them, possibly even the way some of us do. Would they still feel that it was cheating if they understood it wasn't as harmful as people make it out to be, when done carefully.

And if they view steroids as cheating, why not vitamins? Protein, weight gainers, creatine, extra large bags of bonless skinless chicken breast? How are these that much different? Used correctly, they can be performance enhancing...just like steroids.

Why is it OK for players to take andro...and that's fine, that's not cheating...but AAS is crossing the line, and they should forever be marked with an asteric next to their name and the "scarlett letter" for steroids?

I obviously don't have any answers, i doubt anybody really does...but...oh whatever...something tells me no matter what advances are made about the understanding of steroids, it'll always be viewed in a negative light by those who know nothing about them.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    bump

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Most of them will spend their twenties riding buses in the Pacific Coast League, then the rest of their lives awaiting the inevitable onslaught of heart or liver disease.

WoW! What medical journal is he pulling that from? Inevitable onslaught of heart or liver disease is the result of doing AS??!! He lost all credibilaty with me there. But unfortanutely, almost all that read that aren't educated on the subject and will think he knows what the hell he's talking about.

I wish there were more medical studies on AS in the medical world. At least then we would know the actual truth instead of just perceived truths.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 10-24-2003 at 11:03 AM.

hybrid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    I wish there were more medical studies on AS in the medical world. At least then we would know the actual truth instead of just perceived truths.

peace,

ttgb
    No doubt. But how much interest is there going to be from sponsors of the grants to study an illegal drug? It's one of those viscious cycles. A shame really.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig

peace,

ttgb

the problem is they see a medical dilemma. They see something that is, in their mind, extremely dangerous, so they can't ethically support doing real life studies on AAS on healthy people. The only studies that will get funding are low doses on patients that need it to live (HIV, AIDS, etc.).

I wish they would do some real-life studies on AAS as well, all they have at this point, are studies based on interviews with steroid users. Despite any positive articles, they get discredited because they aren't "controlled clinical trials" but they can't do controlled clinical experiments because of the reasons above...

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Good read FB57

Aragorn

Thread Information