Got Iron? is offline New Member

Question girl wants to get some cut arms?

My friend(girl) is 5'8" at 115 and wants to get some cut arms. I have tried to tell her to come to the gym with me but she doesn't want to workout infront of all the huge guys.(she is shy) She has 5, 7 10lb bumbells and i was wondering if there was a good site where i can send her to look at pictures of how to do some exercises? Or is there a book i can buy her? Or a magazine aimed at women kinda like mens health not much into getting HUGE just a little cut?

thanks for all the help and she does also.

hybrid is offline Member
    Oxygen is the best women's fitness magazine.

hybrid is offline Member
    Oh, that's according to my wife.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    Oh, that's according to my wife.
    uh huh...we believe you your "wife"

just playing man...my ex used to say the same thing...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Hand jobs seem to work well

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Hand jobs seem to work well

She needs a workout, Da Bull..... We all know you would be of NO help.

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    She needs a workout, Da Bull..... We all know you would be of NO help.
    Exactly what are you implying?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Exactly what are you implying?
    your inadequacy? just kidding bro

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    your inadequacy? just kidding bro
    Hey you........I know where you live

cb25 is offline Banned
    i better be careful then...

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    i better be careful then...
    Yes,It's Halloween

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Iron?
    My friend(girl) is 5'8" at 115 and wants to get some cut arms. I have tried to tell her to come to the gym with me but she doesn't want to workout infront of all the huge guys.(she is shy) She has 5, 7 10lb bumbells and i was wondering if there was a good site where i can send her to look at pictures of how to do some exercises? Or is there a book i can buy her? Or a magazine aimed at women kinda like mens health not much into getting HUGE just a little cut?

thanks for all the help and she does also.

Personally…..it took me while before you could even begin to see visual cuts in my arms without really flexing of course………

Now if she really wants nice defined arms………… curling 8, 10lb weights 6 times a day, everyday will not produced any type of noticeable change (she may feel slightly stronger, that’s about it)………..to really see a difference she’ll need to do a variety of exercises for her biceps, triceps…even shoulders…..that personally I think you can only get at the gym…….you need to have constant change in your workout routine…..your body eventually just gets used to a certain exercise and you no longer get any benefit from it………

Now how you said “she’s shy to go to the gym to work out with the guys”……she must get over that……..I used to be the same …….well I wasn’t shy to go to the gym itself…….i was just extremely intimidated to go in the back to work with the real weights and the better machines…..that mostly all the guys use………rarely see any females back there………so I just used to same bullshit machines every week and saw no process…….. but I got over that and I don’t even think twice about it anymore………..or how about an all-female gym for her?........but all in all………if she wants real change…..a few 8lbs weights aren’t gonna cut it……..
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    Personally…..it took me while before you could even begin to see visual cuts in my arms without really flexing of course………

Now if she really wants nice defined arms………… curling 8, 10lb weights 6 times a day, everyday will not produced any type of noticeable change (she may feel slightly stronger, that’s about it)………..to really see a difference she’ll need to do a variety of exercises for her biceps, triceps…even shoulders…..that personally I think you can only get at the gym…….you need to have constant change in your workout routine…..your body eventually just gets used to a certain exercise and you no longer get any benefit from it………

Now how you said “she’s shy to go to the gym to work out with the guys”……she must get over that……..I used to be the same …….well I wasn’t shy to go to the gym itself…….i was just extremely intimidated to go in the back to work with the real weights and the better machines…..that mostly all the guys use………rarely see any females back there………so I just used to same bullshit machines every week and saw no process…….. but I got over that and I don’t even think twice about it anymore………..or how about an all-female gym for her?........but all in all………if she wants real change…..a few 8lbs weights aren’t gonna cut it……..
    well said Danielle,very good advice for this young lady.

CutieFace Guest
    do you have an all woman's gym near you?

or check w/ a physical therapist...many of them have gyms in their offices and also offer monthly access to people looking to work out w/out the "gym" exposure....usualyl less expensive...and they will make up a program for you....

doesn't hurt to ask

cutie

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Danielle said it. I can understand shy, but hopefully she realizes that once she hits the gym and works hard, it's those guys she doesn't want to work out in front of that will help her the most. I can't even imagine where I'd be if some of the guys I lifted around didn't help me out with spots, advice, moves and most of all general respect. I wish your friend lots of luck!

Thread Information