Thread: Car insurance

Vice is offline Associate Member

Car insurance

Hey guys, just curious but this month my parents came to me asking for my montly car insurance money, they do the bills....I obviously trust em...but does this sound right for a 21 year old who posseses a G license for over a year and has been driving for 3-4 years without and accidents and just one minor speeding ticket as of late....I'm paying $400 a month for a 1990 Pontiac 6000 LE with just liability........sound's high to me.....I'm in Canada.

thanks

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    Hey guys, just curious but this month my parents came to me asking for my montly car insurance money, they do the bills....I obviously trust em...but does this sound right for a 21 year old who posseses a G license for over a year and has been driving for 3-4 years without and accidents and just one minor speeding ticket as of late....I'm paying $400 a month for a 1990 Pontiac 6000 LE with just liability........sound's high to me.....I'm in Canada.

thanks
    Im not sure about the conversion from canadian to American money is but I do know that ours is worth more....im guessing 1.3 times more .....Hell yeah bro....your paying way too much .......your getting screwed with no lubrication.....hurts doent it?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Bro $400 a month you better hope that they are banking some of it to give to you on your wedding day or something. You could go get insurance on your own and pay a lot less then that. PM me and I will forward you my insurance company so that you can get them to give you a quote.

It hurts a lot dishing out all this money for a shit box of a car without any coverage at all, just liability it's rediculous, imagin if I had a nice car...which I was going to get but not until now, my insurance is rediculous.

And I was planning on getting a bike for next summer, what the fuck will that cost 700 a month? god

For example when I was 24 (2 years ago) so the insurance is rated from age 21-24. I was paying betwen $$1600-1800 a year on a brand new Ford Explorer Sport Loaded to the nines, then on top of that I was also insuring my 2000 Yamaha R6 for only $900 a year (this was under a multi-vehicle discount). That is just to give you an example.

Where as you are paying up around $4800/year for a pontiac 6000??? Like I said PM me.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member

thanks
    Bro u are def getting screwed in my opinion.......my wife works for an insurance co. and at your age with that ride it should cost u around 400 every 6 months(that's here in the states)....canada could be a whole lot different.

You sure your not paying for your parents insurance on their vehicles also......

lol I don't think so bro, I've seen the bills........heh

Shredz, You've got mail.

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    Bro u are def getting screwed in my opinion.......my wife works for an insurance co. and at your age with that ride it should cost u around 400 every 6 months(that's here in the states)....canada could be a whole lot different.

You sure your not paying for your parents insurance on their vehicles also......

I had a DUI when I was 17 also......woudl that make the difference?

mass junkie is offline banned
    uhhhh yeah..............slightly..........you forgot that little detail........hahahaha.........Do they have Sr 22's in Cananda?

All the info you need I PMed you!!! Let us know how you made out!

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro we're not the insurance co. u don't have to hide shit from us.....that will make a huge difference....hell your lucky u got a liscense.....here a dui when your underage and say bye bye to them.

Don't know how long that stays on your record in regards to the insurance company but a regular speeding ticket with points will remain on your record for 5 years so that DUI will definetly affect your insurance premium.
    Funny you didn't mention that in your first post!!!! Check out that insurance company I forwarded you anyways.
    Last edited by Shredz; 11-02-2003 at 08:42 PM.

Haven't had any points yet, but 1 maybe 2 speeding tickets I may have had one when I was younger can't remember, and that DUI, anyways Thanks shredz I'll give them a shout tomorrow and I'll let you bro's know how it went, thanks.,

Thread Information