Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gym Idiots

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Gym Idiots

I thourght you might like this

Did you know?
    For energy and strength, start the day with 50 grams of protein plus some carbs and fat.

"The Personal Trainer wanna be - nothing annoys me more than while I am in the middle of a set and this poor excuse for a physique comes over and offers his unwanted advice."

by Todd Blue
    I have decided to take a break from my typical bodybuilding article and just do one that I think anyone who has ever trained at a gym can relate to, The Gym Idiots. Once you start reading this you will know exactly whom I am talking about. These are the people who do nothing but take up space in a gym. The fools who just get on my nerves and make me very thankful for being able to train at home. Now on to the list.

The New Years Resolutioners - you know all those people who flock to a gym right after new years because they made a resolution to get into shape. They make the gym so overcrowded that it becomes miserable just to train. You know the same idiots that will spend a ton of money on gym clothes, membership, etc. and you will never see them in the gym after a couple of weeks. Ah, and that time is fast approaching once again, man am I glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

The Coffee Drinkers - you have to train in the morning to notice this fine breed of gym goer. You know the guys and gals that just sit on the machines sipping on their Latté carrying on a nice little conversation with their fellow coffee drinkers while you are busting your butt. They will do 1 set every 10 minutes.

The Flirting Bimbo - all you guys know who she is. She is the hottest girl in the gym but she is also the most annoying. She is the one that comes up to you after you have just blasted out a set of squats from hell and bats her eyes at you then proceeds to ask you "can you please come take these plates off the leg press, they are just too heavy for me". To which I would say "Hell no, what do I look like, your personal trainer" You know how moody one can be after doing a set of brutal squats.

The Two Goofballs - Ah one of my all time favorites. These are the two retards that pay for a membership to sit back and check out the chicks. You know the two guys who are buddies, with bodies that would make Steve Erkel look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the ones who just take up gym space to oogle at the ladies. I hate these guys; they do nothing but get in the way.

Ah, The Bench Presser - this guy really cracks me up. You know, the guy or guys who will train chest every day of the week yet still wonder why in the hell he isn't making any progress but still swears his way is the best way. They will do multiple sets of flat bench and throw in a set of flies for good measure I guess. Talk about an idiot.

The 165lb Mr. Olympia (or at least in his mind he is) - this is the fellow who is in decent shape and has some decent muscle mass but ruins it all with the way he carries himself. You know, walks around like he has latts as big as Ronnie Coleman's with his arms sticking out 3 feet from his sides.

The Spandex Lady - This one is not a pretty sight to see. The lady who really needs to loose about 75 more pounds before she tries to squeeze that lard into a tight fitting spandex shorts. Lady, let me let you in on something, NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU IN THAT so do us all a favor and just wear some sweats.

The Screamer - talk about annoying. This guy doesn't accomplish anything in a gym but annoy the hell out of everybody. This is the guy who is doing some squats and is screaming to the top of his lungs with each rep. The problem is it just doesn't stop there; he will do it for each exercise so you have to listen to his crap all night while training.

The Personal Trainer wanna be - nothing annoys me more than while I am in the middle of a set and this poor excuse for a physique comes over and offers his unwanted advice. Always critiquing the way you are training and that his way is so much better. Hey buddy, if your advice is the best why don't you look any better than what you do.

The Serious Person (that would be me and I don't think I am an idiot but most of the people think I am by insane look while training) - when I get to the gym the first thing I do is put my fanny pack on, pull out my headphones and get in my own little world. Then I get the, if you talk to me I will kick your butt, look on my face. I grab my belt, straps and what ever else I may need on that day of training. When I am in this zone I don't like to be bothered. You know me, I am the guy that after doing a heavy set of dumbbell curls I will take and slam the weights down to the ground because I have just pushed myself through a pain barrier that no body else in that gym has ever done and doesn't even have the guts to do. I never look at anyone in the eye. Everyone avoids me until it is finished. Then as quickly as the all out assault started it is over. Then I come back to the real world and once again I am a really nice guy, until the next time I train. I guess this is why people think we bodybuilders are crazed idiots.

I am sure you can relate to most if not all of the people I have written about. If you are one of these people and are offended by what I wrote, I say so what. Get over it and change you view towards training. I hope that this amused you and next time when you go to the gym it will help you be able to pick these idiots out really fast in order to avoid them. Well, until next time.

Train Hard
    Train Heavy
    When you do your last Rep, do one more to GROW on.
    Last edited by bex; 01-03-2002 at 06:24 AM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I have bumped this because it did not work the first time....

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    So True!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Fuck....the "New Yaers resolutioners" are in full flock at my gym right now. I gues I have to be patient for the next 3-4 weeks.

Good post Bexsome!

Cali is offline Female Member
    LOL....I could put a face to everyone of these...

When I do cardio I gaze over the crowd, but I'm the kind of person who gets tunnel vision when I'm lifting. Don't see anything but the weights or my focal point depending on what I'm doing until I'm done lifting. They probably think I'm a freak too.

gust5 is offline Junior Member
    nice text , did love to read it , was fun , and very good also
    greets from belgium

righton is offline Senior Member
    It's outta the gym for the next coupla months, and back the the garage. The equip not the best, but at least i won't rip somebodys head off.

T-NUTZ is offline Junior Member
    The one that gets me the most has to be the screamer. This guy at the gym I train at screams on every damn set. Dude only weighs like 160lbs. He has no bf what so ever and after every set he has to flex and look at him self in the mirror. My anger helps me throw around those last few sets.

TheGame826 is offline Member

hey bexsome

bexsome, i think your the gym idiot that fits into this category

THE PERSON WHO GOES TO THE GYM AND TRYS TO PUT EVERYBODY INTO A CATEGORY - these people actually arent idiots, they arent annoying, actually the only people they annoy is themselves because they let every one in the gym get under their skin without even letting them know...

me persoanly im the little mr olympia, well sorta i try my hardest to try and make it look like i dont have any lats just so i dont have to worry about anyone saying i walk with my arms out wide.

lol

you know im just joking.

personally i dont mind seeing those guys that have no muscle on them at all and weigh 120, because if they keep it up 10 years down the lign they will probably be lifting more than you. plus didnt alot of body builders start out as the real skinny kid.

oh yeah

personally tho
    the people that i hate the most at the gym are the people who see a big guy and right away say "OH HES ON ROIDS". thats bullshit, for 1 it is possible to get huge without drugs. but really thats not what pisses me off the most bout the situation.
    Lets just say that person is takin steroids and thats why he looks so lean, so what he still is working his ass off for gains, its not like hes using the needle and sittin back watchin himself get bigger. i hate that bullshit i wanna hit the person that say "WELL HES USING STEROIDS" so fucking what. in my opinion the peopl on roids are the ones working harder for their body than anybody else.
    the only people i dont like that take roids are the peoople that abuse them. they are just stupid they way they ruin their body.
    i probably have more respect for people taking roids because it shows how much they love the game, and what they willing to do to be better at the game. i cant wait till im old enough

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    BUMP for a great post.......SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive been told so many times in the gym that Im so rude and anal in the gym. Its because i dont even like talking to my friends in the gym. People take it the wrong way...they dont realize what it is THE DRIVE...THE POWER that an amazing workout brings to the table

gorilla

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    JUST TO ADD TO THE FUN...
    The guy that does not ask for help....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gym Idiots-drop.jpg  
    Last edited by bex; 01-05-2002 at 09:18 AM.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Add one more type....

The Gay guys that stare.......

Being gay myself I can tell usually who is and isn't....don't ask why, just chalk it up to Gaydar as we call it.

I can't stand the stereotype femmy, queeny gay guys that just flit around the gym trying to get as close as possible to the "big boys". YUCK.

Damn it, the gym is for training, not sexual fantasies !

CYCLEON Guest
    unless monica brant is your trainer

Originally posted by CYCLEON
    unless monica brant is your trainer
    Or for me, Craig Titus ! LOL

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Cali
    LOL....I could put a face to everyone of these...
    you to eh Cali...man you gotta love these people....

Re: Add one more type....

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    I can't stand the stereotype femmy, queeny gay guys that just flit around the gym trying to get as close as possible to the "big boys". YUCK.
    You mean like Jack (Shawn Hayes) from "Will and Grace"!! I'm pretty sure Bob Paris didn't fit into that category

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL! I have just about everyone of those guys at my gym! The ones i hate the most are the wanna be personal trainners and the bench pressers! Dumb asses lol, but they make me laugh watching them so who cares.

Farmer is offline Member

Re: Gym Idiots

Originally posted by bexsome
    I thourght you might like this

Did you know?
    For energy and strength, start the day with 50 grams of protein plus some carbs and fat.

"The Personal Trainer wanna be - nothing annoys me more than while I am in the middle of a set and this poor excuse for a physique comes over and offers his unwanted advice."

by Todd Blue
    I have decided to take a break from my typical bodybuilding article and just do one that I think anyone who has ever trained at a gym can relate to, The Gym Idiots. Once you start reading this you will know exactly whom I am talking about. These are the people who do nothing but take up space in a gym. The fools who just get on my nerves and make me very thankful for being able to train at home. Now on to the list.

The New Years Resolutioners - you know all those people who flock to a gym right after new years because they made a resolution to get into shape. They make the gym so overcrowded that it becomes miserable just to train. You know the same idiots that will spend a ton of money on gym clothes, membership, etc. and you will never see them in the gym after a couple of weeks. Ah, and that time is fast approaching once again, man am I glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

The Coffee Drinkers - you have to train in the morning to notice this fine breed of gym goer. You know the guys and gals that just sit on the machines sipping on their Latté carrying on a nice little conversation with their fellow coffee drinkers while you are busting your butt. They will do 1 set every 10 minutes.

The Flirting Bimbo - all you guys know who she is. She is the hottest girl in the gym but she is also the most annoying. She is the one that comes up to you after you have just blasted out a set of squats from hell and bats her eyes at you then proceeds to ask you "can you please come take these plates off the leg press, they are just too heavy for me". To which I would say "Hell no, what do I look like, your personal trainer" You know how moody one can be after doing a set of brutal squats.

The Two Goofballs - Ah one of my all time favorites. These are the two retards that pay for a membership to sit back and check out the chicks. You know the two guys who are buddies, with bodies that would make Steve Erkel look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the ones who just take up gym space to oogle at the ladies. I hate these guys; they do nothing but get in the way.

Ah, The Bench Presser - this guy really cracks me up. You know, the guy or guys who will train chest every day of the week yet still wonder why in the hell he isn't making any progress but still swears his way is the best way. They will do multiple sets of flat bench and throw in a set of flies for good measure I guess. Talk about an idiot.

The 165lb Mr. Olympia (or at least in his mind he is) - this is the fellow who is in decent shape and has some decent muscle mass but ruins it all with the way he carries himself. You know, walks around like he has latts as big as Ronnie Coleman's with his arms sticking out 3 feet from his sides.

The Spandex Lady - This one is not a pretty sight to see. The lady who really needs to loose about 75 more pounds before she tries to squeeze that lard into a tight fitting spandex shorts. Lady, let me let you in on something, NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU IN THAT so do us all a favor and just wear some sweats.

The Screamer - talk about annoying. This guy doesn't accomplish anything in a gym but annoy the hell out of everybody. This is the guy who is doing some squats and is screaming to the top of his lungs with each rep. The problem is it just doesn't stop there; he will do it for each exercise so you have to listen to his crap all night while training.

The Personal Trainer wanna be - nothing annoys me more than while I am in the middle of a set and this poor excuse for a physique comes over and offers his unwanted advice. Always critiquing the way you are training and that his way is so much better. Hey buddy, if your advice is the best why don't you look any better than what you do.

The Serious Person (that would be me and I don't think I am an idiot but most of the people think I am by insane look while training) - when I get to the gym the first thing I do is put my fanny pack on, pull out my headphones and get in my own little world. Then I get the, if you talk to me I will kick your butt, look on my face. I grab my belt, straps and what ever else I may need on that day of training. When I am in this zone I don't like to be bothered. You know me, I am the guy that after doing a heavy set of dumbbell curls I will take and slam the weights down to the ground because I have just pushed myself through a pain barrier that no body else in that gym has ever done and doesn't even have the guts to do. I never look at anyone in the eye. Everyone avoids me until it is finished. Then as quickly as the all out assault started it is over. Then I come back to the real world and once again I am a really nice guy, until the next time I train. I guess this is why people think we bodybuilders are crazed idiots.

I am sure you can relate to most if not all of the people I have written about. If you are one of these people and are offended by what I wrote, I say so what. Get over it and change you view towards training. I hope that this amused you and next time when you go to the gym it will help you be able to pick these idiots out really fast in order to avoid them. Well, until next time.

Train Hard
    Train Heavy
    When you do your last Rep, do one more to GROW on.
    Good post, did you get that from BB.com? A guy on there who writes for them wrote an article just like that. J/W anyhow.

peace

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Re: Re: Gym Idiots

Originally posted by Farmer

Good post, did you get that from BB.com? A guy on there who writes for them wrote an article just like that. J/W anyhow.

peace
    Iam not allowed to give sources....J/K

Re: Re: Add one more type....

Originally posted by Pete235

You mean like Jack (Shawn Hayes) from "Will and Grace"!! I'm pretty sure Bob Paris didn't fit into that category
    Exactly, that is not the type I hang with very much. As I posted before, most of my friends at straight, married and have kids.

I'm not a party boy type, and don't hang out at the clubs, I am sober & don't drink very often, but have to have a beer here and there....afterall I am still a guy :-).

Re: Re: Gym Idiots

Originally posted by Farmer
    peace
    The guy from BB.com...is his name Todd Blue? Obviously Bex never claimed to write this...it was cut and pasted...so if it's plagerized...blame Todd Blue...whoever that is.

It's a funny piece regardless of who wrote it.

Ironweb is offline Member
    I have seen all those types. When I train I do not talk to anyone I just put my flydanna on my head to keep the sweat out of my eyes and lift. I just zone past everyone and never even look. Sometimes I think people get gym memberships just to have one. The one thing I hate more than anything is when I go into the changeing room and these fat asses are sitting around naked or sitting by the spa reading a paper naked. Hell no I never even step my ass into the spa because of that. I only use the lockers to lock up what I do not want people to steal.

Farmer is offline Member

Re: Re: Re: Gym Idiots

Originally posted by Pete235

The guy from BB.com...is his name Todd Blue? Obviously Bex never claimed to write this...it was cut and pasted...so if it's plagerized...blame Todd Blue...whoever that is.

It's a funny piece regardless of who wrote it.
    Yeah he is the one bro, I dont care either just was wondering. Here is the link, they got other cool articles to....http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/toddblue36.htm

peace

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Do people check the dates anymore!?

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    hilarious!

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    this thread has been around longer than I have.

cfase is offline Junior Member
    "The 165lb Mr. Olympia (or at least in his mind he is) - this is the fellow who is in decent shape and has some decent muscle mass but ruins it all with the way he carries himself. You know, walks around like he has latts as big as Ronnie Coleman's with his arms sticking out 3 feet from his sides."

Yah this one kills me!!LOL I see guys like this all the time and ya feel like goin up to em ang gining em a slap,, just cuz!!!

C

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    check the dates? these threads are timeless!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bex

wow.......took the words right out of my mouth........i hate the gym basically the whole month of January......so crowded.....like where the fuck did all these people come from?.........half of them probably never stepped in the gym before that day.......o well.....i give them all 3 weeks, tops.....

Quote Originally Posted by bex

The Flirting Bimbo - all you guys know who she is. She is the hottest girl in the gym but she is also the most annoying. She is the one that comes up to you after you have just blasted out a set of squats from hell and bats her eyes at you then proceeds to ask you "can you please come take these plates off the leg press, they are just too heavy for me". To which I would say "Hell no, what do I look like, your personal trainer" You know how moody one can be after doing a set of brutal squats..

i have to slightly disagree with this one..........one thing i hate is when i go to use to leg press and have to remove over 500 pounds from it to even start.........PLEASE RACK YOUR WEIGHTS, GUYS............there's even a sign posted in my gym that saids it...........we're not all as strong as you......but at the same time.........i NEVER ask anyone to remove the plates for me........usually someone comes over anyway........but still i would never ask.....
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    i hate the gym basically the whole month of January......so crowded.....like where the fuck did all these people come from?.........half of them probably never stepped in the gym before that day.......o well.....i give them all 3 weeks, tops.....
    Yeah the gym after New Year's sucks but you just have to keep telling yourself these people are the ones who pay for all the new Hammer Strength machines and new cardio equipment that we resulars use all year long.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Kind of an a old thread but I found it hilarious... I'm the little Mr. Olympia Iguess. I work my ass off but I'm decently muscular. Right now its more lean mass then muscle but thats because i'm on a bulking phase. I hate the New Year Resolutioners...Ugh. They'll be in full flock in about two months guy! :-(.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Hey I dont care how old that thread might be, it is so fuckin true.... U know what i might fall under the catagory of a screamer but that is only on a heay squat or deadlift, for a couple of brief reps... I dont scream every single rep...
    ANd u know what part is the most true... That everyone one looks at a guy like me in all the gyms i go to, and the old people from uppon me because i look like a psycho, and the younger crowd admires, and just thinks to them selves that if i did as much crap as that guy did I would be even bigger... Hey to all u haters out their, fuck of....
    HUGE BUMP!!!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    What I'm starting to run into are annoyingly "helpful" people who rush over to "spot" me while I'm doing presses or whatever . . . they inevitably end up trying to do the set for me, and I gut pissed and snap at 'em mid-set "NO! I GOT IT!" and ugh . . . Then I gotta apologize . . . . geez . . . There ought to be some instructions posted somewhere for those who want to be spotters . . .

CatGrabber is offline Member
    You forgot the naked old man who sits in the locker room with his pecker out talking to everyone

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You people and your thread bumping

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    There's other people in the gym? I actually talked to a guy the other day for about 5 min. and it was the first words I spoke to another human in that gym in the 3 months I've been going to that location. Well, other than than "you done with that?"

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    Where does the grunter fit in? I'm afraid I'm one of those that gives off the muffled grumbling grunt at the end of the last 2-3 reps of a set. Do I annoy you too?

curiousdude is offline Junior Member

been a while since i've checked the boards...

...but, wtf, this is a great thread. you forgot the college kids that come home and leave stuff laying around everywhere without putting anything back, while every other word out of their mouths is 'dude', hog the equipment, and give you and eat crap look while you either wait for them to finish or ask to work in. the women, however, i don't seem to mind......... hmmmm.

or, here's the one i fall into: the guy whose been going to the same gym for so long, he knows everyone in some way or another. it takes him 20 minutes just to get started.

also, and i don't mean to offend anyone's personal beliefs, but the 'god-mongers' drive me nuts around the christian holidays. loud conversations about 'the way' drive me nuts. one thing i've learned in life is the more sure someone is they are 'right', the more likely that it's not right at all.

what about the 'manipulators', kinda goes along with some of the other examples. here's how i define it. they actually read something, and are now certain that is the way, and strut and converse accordingly,twisting the information as they see fit.

just my pet peeves. cd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information