BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member

Arrow My buddy just bought this device for his Hummer

That actually changes the stop light to green. I forgot what it's called but from 1500 ft away you can actually change the light. I guess the device will be on Good morning America this morning...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Now that something every guy should have........

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    It's called HIGH BEAMS! Cops use them in Boston.

I learned the tactic from a cops daughter who I chilled with two summers ago. Learned the spots around Lynn, Saugus, Revere where if you flash your high beams on the light censor above the intersection light, the light will instantly turn yellow then red for the other people then green for you.

I'm guessing this is for lazy cops who don't wanna wait.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    The donuts are only fresh for a short period of time!!!!!

This devices uses infrared red. It's funny to look at. IT'S HUGE. It take up half the windshield.... I told my buddy that the device will give him cancer

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    The donuts are only fresh for a short period of time!!!!!
    Sharp as a razor..................as always MBH. Too funny. hahahahahaha

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    It's called HIGH BEAMS! Cops use them in Boston.

I learned the tactic from a cops daughter who I chilled with two summers ago. Learned the spots around Lynn, Saugus, Revere where if you flash your high beams on the light censor above the intersection light, the light will instantly turn yellow then red for the other people then green for you.

I'm guessing this is for lazy cops who don't wanna wait.

Haha, nah bro, it's for the sirens on the Police, Fire and Ambulance vehicles. So when there's an emergency, the flashing lights set the sensor off so they can move to the necessary location without having to stop as much.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    It's called HIGH BEAMS!
    True that. It still works in some places. It works best if the signal is on an uphill and you can flicker your high beams right into the little sensor thingamagig on top of the trafic light. I used to be able to do it all the time in HS - but it seems that the DOT has caught on since then - it doesn't seem to work as much nowadays...

mammoth is offline Member
    The device your speaking of is also highly used by Ambulances as well. Apparently you can find the instructions to build one on the net. The government is already taking steps to ban them.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Ohh man..I just heard this on the radio this morning..I dont know about were you guys live but in the town and surrounding towns, all the lights have a sensor on the top the are triggered by a strobe light, yes you could you a 12v strobe in your car to trigger them but the flashes per second would have to be right, by that I mean the cars are all calibrated the same. I have a feeling the "high beem" flash is using this system and you got lucky with you car lights.
    But the new system they are using is infered sensors, and yes you can get them off an internet site, but the federal gov. is on to it and it will be shut down soon though. Some of the infered systems are excripted though..

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    What's a stop light? We have never heard of such technology in Kentucky.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    cops dont need that shit. If they want to run a red light they just run it.

Do a websearch for the 3M Opticom system... most fire trucks have them here.

It's more than just a simple radio shack strobe... each truck has a distinct flash pattern and the main computer that controls the system (and the traffic lights) knows exactly when what truck crossed what intersection as all is logged.

Before GPS tracking was common we used that log as a successfull defence when an insurance company sued us claiming our response time was too long.

I know very little of the new IR system, but I would expect each truck would have a specific signal that has to be activated in the computer... not sure just buying one unit off the shelf would work right off the bat.

Red

So far, being in the city and most of the lights being on the same grid, we haven't gotten it to work. We are going to try and use it in the BURBS. But, It amits NO flashing lights.

Well, for a "light changer" to work don't forget your town has to have the sensors (and the whole system!) installed on the traffic lights.

Over the years there have been many such systems so you can't even be sure which one they use (if any)

To change lights, they've used many systems...

- They had one that worked with the whail of the siren
    - They had another that worked off the alternating headlights
    - One worked off a simple strobe
    - Another worked off a radio transmitter
    - And so on...

Cities all over have installed all sorts of systems and many have old systems still in place. Even here in Montreal, different boroughs have different (and incompatible) systems.

Red

Thread Information