wiky is offline Junior Member

Music and workout?

Do you listen to music when training, gym or outside? ive got to do much time diving and it helps me to keep the rope moving, but i feel too much motivated and more agressive when listening to some heavymetal while lifting weight, how many of you feel the same?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiky
    Do you listen to music when training, gym or outside? ive got to do much time diving and it helps me to keep the rope moving, but i feel too much motivated and more agressive when listening to some heavymetal while lifting weight, how many of you feel the same?
    yeah bro....it beats listening to that disco shit that my gym plays

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Always have my headphones on............... My gym plays crap music plus it keeps people from bothering me when I'm working out.

murph is offline Member
    yes i do ,... i workout at home so i can pick the music i listen too

what kind of music you use for lifting? german power metal here (stratovarius, rhapsody, ...)

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiky
    what kind of music you use for lifting? german power metal here (stratovarius, rhapsody, ...)
    i love to lift to classical music ,... nothing gets me ready for a max lift like some Beethoven, Bach, or Mozart.......lol...j/k.
    im in my 30`s so i like just some classic rock ..... my old drinking music i guess
    but yes to me some AC/DC, Metalica, and those are nice too.... just cant get into that new kind of speed metal crap .....i know its not crap if you like it but i dont so .....lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by murph
    i love to lift to classical music ,... nothing gets me ready for a max lift like some Beethoven, Bach, or Mozart.......lol...j/k.
    im in my 30`s so i like just some classic rock ..... my old drinking music i guess
    but yes to me some AC/DC, Metalica, and those are nice too.... just cant get into that new kind of speed metal crap .....i know its not crap if you like it but i dont so .....lol.....
    well, not crap then i think it depends on the moment, i like listening to maurice jarre while taking a coffee and van morrison when in bed with my girl (f. example), but there some music i listen when i am or wanna be "on fire" (even techno trance, but only when jumping, i sware )

Well, lets see... New Kids on the Block, Abba, Céline Dion....

No wait thats what they play on the PA at my gym... I always have my MP3 player on my ears at top volume... Mostly 80's metal and some newer stuff like RATM and Hardknox...

Red

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I belong to to gyms, one is more of a gay fitness club but it is 40,000 square feet and has every possible machine u could possibly immagine... I always listen to my own music in there on my mp3 player... But the other gym i belong to is small pretty shitty but all my freinds who i used to play college football with lift their so we got a good atmosphere... The owner of the gym is cool ass shit, he used to be NBC bodybuilder he was mr. New Jersey two years... He is cool, as shit, he gave up on bodybuildin though when he spent $10,000 on GH alone for a comp and he didnt place in the top 5... He lets us play what ever we want

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    I belong to to gyms, one is more of a gay fitness club but it is 40,000 square feet and has every possible machine u could possibly immagine... I always listen to my own music in there on my mp3 player... But the other gym i belong to is small pretty shitty but all my freinds who i used to play college football with lift their so we got a good atmosphere... The owner of the gym is cool ass shit, he used to be NBC bodybuilder he was mr. New Jersey two years... He is cool, as shit, he gave up on bodybuildin though when he spent $10,000 on GH alone for a comp and he didnt place in the top 5... He lets us play what ever we want

wow !!!!!!!! .... Bigboy123,.. your huge ........holy sheet .....is that you in your avatar?.......lol...im only joking i know better...

redrock is offline Member
    Yep, my mp3 player goes with me everytime I go to the gym. It really depends on what mood i'm in, but it's usually
    punk, metal, classic rock, rockabilly or psychobilly. None of that rap or hip hop for me. RR

CBR9Seadoo is offline New Member
    I prefer the hardest rock shit I find. Zombie, Metalica, Megadeath, Jackyl, Ozzy. All on mp3. My gym plays some gay music. Too many doctors and nurses around that are there for there little cardio sessions.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I hate listening to music when I lift. I wish it would be dead quiet in the gym so I can only think about the muscle working instead of the beat. I can get my self pumped up before a lift. I know Tom Platz would turn off the music in the gym when he would come in. Wish I could do the same but time will come when I make the money (or the wife) and can put in my own gym in my basement. But on the way to the gym I love hearing Linkin' Park or Limp Bizkit.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I'll listen to about anything that gets me motivated, hip-hop, rock, punk, etc. Nothing gets you goin more than music!!!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    I need to have my headphones when im doing cardio.........all the time......cause after a half hour you start to get bored......i need my music to keep going..........when im doing weights i can usually deal with the music they have on in the gym......its just never loud enough!!!
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by CBR9Seadoo
    I prefer the hardest rock shit I find. Zombie, Metalica, Megadeath, Jackyl, Ozzy. All on mp3. My gym plays some gay music. Too many doctors and nurses around that are there for there little cardio sessions.
    "Peace Sells But Whos Buying" have been my gym session soundtrack today. People says your muscle can "remember" when you train, then maybe, like Pavlov's dog, when you listen to the music you usually used training, makes your muscle grow

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    I need to have my headphones when im doing cardio.........all the time......cause after a half hour you start to get bored......i need my music to keep going..........when im doing weights i can usually deal with the music they have on in the gym......its just never loud enough!!!
    Half hour, i get bored after a min. and a half, no lie.... I love to run out side, preferablly on a track...
    AS far as music goes, u want to get pumped, u should all record a tape, well have people say, how ur not good enough, ur not big enough. "u skinny little shit, come on work, lets go fat boy, push it, one more rep... THats no good, my grandma has more striation in her chest then you," stuff along those lines... Ull really get pumped....

slamd097 is offline Banned
    I work out at home and the gym. I have no idea what the hell they play at my gym, but it definately isn't music!!!

But heavy days get MINISTRY....Makes me want to rip off the head of the dweeb next to me walking around hitting on everything with boobs.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Well, lets see... New Kids on the Block, Abba, Céline Dion....

No wait thats what they play on the PA at my gym... I always have my MP3 player on my ears at top volume... Mostly 80's metal and some newer stuff like RATM and Hardknox...

Red
    I think you're forgetting Ace of Base Red!! C'mon..."i saw the sign" anyone??

OK...maybe not...my CD player is on as soon as i walk into the gym and doesn't turn off until after i've left...i don't like talking to too many people while i'm there...and i'm not into soft rock over the gym radio while i'm lifting...gotta be hip-hop or hard rock for me...

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    This way seems to work well with me as well.
    "Lords on Acid" Lust CD is great while doing cardio!!!!

Babyweight

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    If I don't listen to music when I lift I go absoutly crazy

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Who has the titles and artists to some good european techno?
    Stuff like Run Lola Run soundtrack?
    I have NO access to any of that so I dont know what is good. I mean I have access just no info.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Always have my earphones in and mycd player pounding with some metal or hard rock.........disturbed,mudvayne,static x,godsmack,adema,drowning pool,jucifer,chevelle,pantera,slipknot,motorhead,d anzig,rob zombie,metallica,tool,linkin park,noise therapy,coal chamber

BARBENDER29 is offline Associate Member
    The music has got to be hard and loud.

Thread Information