tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member

Are you a bad American?

I am your worst nightmare. I am a bad American. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid-level governmental functionary that’s sole existence derives from my tax dollar. Don’t punish me for making more money than someone else...hell punish them for not making as much as I do!

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July. If you are stupid enough to let one blow up in your hand then YOU should be penalized, not the rest of us.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4 years plus, of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his/her God when and where they want to.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever cancelled Jerry Springer.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I'm freezing my ass of during these long winters and paying heating bills?

I've never owned a slave or was a slave, I didn't wander for 40 years in the desert after being chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So shut the HELL up already.

I want to know which church is exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson practices, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them. I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years. George W was elected president. Deal with that too!

I dislike those people standing in intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into make "donations" to their cause.

These people should be targets.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

And what the hell is going on with gas prices...again?

If this makes me a Bad American, then yes, I am a Bad American.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Awesome post bro.......you are a great american......now let anyone say anything different.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    i could care less

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Great post bro!.................... I believe in every line in that post.............. and it doesn't make a bad American either.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    so true..........i agree with everyone of them............and like u said........if that makes me a bad american then so be it

thank for giving me something good to read while @ work
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    What's an American?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Amen bro..amen

apprently I am also...a bad american

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with some of what you say and disagree with some. Am I I bad American because I don't hold to your values? No. The great thing about living in the USA is the right to say what yoy believe.My biggest gripe with the US government is that they continue to allow our borders to be flooded by illegal aliens.The Dems see them as potential votes and the Republicans like the cheap labor. Oh yeah, Jerry Springer wasn't so much an asshole as a shrewd businessman who made a fortune displaying trailor trash for the amusement of the uneducated fools who watched his show every day.
    Last edited by markas214; 11-21-2003 at 12:22 PM.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLpOwEr
    What's an American?
    Me..............

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    Oh yeah, Jerry Springer wasn't so much an asshole as a shrewd businessman who made a fortune displaying trailor trash for the amusement of the uneducated fools who watched his show every day.
    Very true...for some, it helps to see people in worse shit than yourself...this is just an example of someone taking advantage of that...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I believe everyone has a right to pray to his/her God when and where they want to.
    This is the only one that I really don't like because it's misleading. It's stated in a way that implies 'freedom of religion' but it obscures the real message which is 'i should be able to peddle my fucked up beliefs to children on the taxpayers dime" IMO. Religion has no place in public office or in the public school system.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    polish that up a tad and you have somehting the NY post would print

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    I am your worst nightmare. I am a bad American. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid-level governmental functionary that’s sole existence derives from my tax dollar. Don’t punish me for making more money than someone else...hell punish them for not making as much as I do!
    I agree with ya there
    I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.
    Damn straight!!!

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.
    Right on the money bro!

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, do it in English.
    Oh hell yes!

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July. If you are stupid enough to let one blow up in your hand then YOU should be penalized, not the rest of us.
    Exactly!

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4 years plus, of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.
    Yup.

Again I agree.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever cancelled Jerry Springer.
    good one.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.
    Hell I just hate everyone.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.
    Yup.

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I'm freezing my ass of during these long winters and paying heating bills?
    Right again.

I've never owned a slave or was a slave, I didn't wander for 40 years in the desert after being chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So shut the HELL up already.
    Damn striaght.

I want to know which church is exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson practices, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?
    AMEN!

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them. I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.
    I hate most cops, I'm friends with a bunch and they all have a complex like they're above everyone else.... shit pisses me off. Fuck 'em is what I say.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years. George W was elected president. Deal with that too!
    Good one.

I dislike those people standing in intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into make "donations" to their cause.
    Run 'em over.

These people should be targets.
    See prior statement.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.
    Exactly.

[QUOTE=tryingtogetbig]And what the hell is going on with gas prices...again?/QUOTE]
    Got me on that one.. I'd like to know.

If this makes me a Bad American, then yes, I am a Bad American.
    Me too.

BT you crack me up bro....lol

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    tryingtogetbig you are a great American i agree with you one evrything you have said ...stay stong brother

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    "I've never owned a slave or was a slave, I didn't wander for 40 years in the desert after being chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So shut the HELL up already."

quick correction of fact. There are people of middle eastern decent who were alive and in the area during WWI, which means they were oppressed by the Turks. Just thought you might like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffylyte
    "I've never owned a slave or was a slave, I didn't wander for 40 years in the desert after being chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So shut the HELL up already."

quick correction of fact. There are people of middle eastern decent who were alive and in the area during WWI, which means they were oppressed by the Turks. Just thought you might like to know.
    Quick reminder of the quote "...and neither have you! So shut the HELL up already."

Thanks for the heads up about people of middle eastern decent who were alive and in the area during WWI and were oppressed by the Turks. If there are any on here, my regrets for my oversight.

peace,

ttgb

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Pretty good post, I agree with all except for about 2 of them. I can see where you were headed with the student one, but I do not agree with it.

As for the global warming, I understand what you're trying to get at again, but just because the changes aren't drastic doesn't mean they are not gradual. Even a change of a couple degrees over a century is enough to kill some spieces.

Other than that, not too bad.

BDTR is offline Retired
    haha i got this in my email on two seperate occasions. Once it said "by george carlen" the other time it said "by ted nugent"

Let's say Ted Nugent...he's a funny guy. I like watching his hunting shows!

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    haha i got this in my email on two seperate occasions. Once it said "by george carlen" the other time it said "by ted nugent"
    Ted nugents a joke, i'm more inclined to believe it came from George Carlen

How can someone not like Ted Nugent? "The call of the Wild" He cracks me up.

Glad some of you could enjoy the post!

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 11-21-2003 at 03:24 PM.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Why hasn't anyone answered me yet?

I think the reason is that there is no such thing as "an American", unless you mean "American citizen", in which case you could only be one or not be one, there are no "good or bad" American citizens. Just because you live in America does not mean that you are expected to maintain certain standards and opinions.

So no, you are not a bad American, because it is impossible to be one(it would also be impossible to be a good American).

Think about it.

willpower...if you don't get it then don't worry about it bro.

It must be one of those things that either hits home with you or it doesn't. You are putting way too much thought into it.

peace,

ttgb

willpower...if you don't get it then don't worry about it bro.

It must be one of those things that either hits home with you or it doesn't. You are putting way too much thought into it.

peace,

ttgb
    i think i put too much into it.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I agree 100%

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLpOwEr
    What's an American?
    I am!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information