dreamache is offline Junior Member

A new fitness site idea... Worth it?

sup guys, i'm a designer/programmer and also a serious weight lifter! and i have a few of my own sites, but i'm tryin to think of some new ideas and i thought of something that could prove to be rather useful to weight lifters and any other people who have any type of fitness goals.

it'd be a site that would help you easily track your routines, exercises and overall progress... heres how it'd work (this is just coming from the top of my head so.. )

a user signs up, logs in, and enters in their basic routine (3 day routine, 6 day routine, etc etc), and all of the exercises they currently do... then once they create that... they can enter in their first entry, where they fill out their current weight, protein / carb intake, and their reps / weight that they do for each exercise...and you can enter in these entries after every workout, after every week, or after every month, it'd be up to you... then you'd have your own graphical / statistical chart page that will track the progress of the different aspects of your routine (ie weight, reps, weight used, nutrtion, etc etc) throughout the entire span of your first entry, to your last entry... there'd be an overall analysis chart, and a more specific chart for each body part and each exercise... it'd be a linegraph, or a bar graph with different lines or bars for weight, reps, weight used, caloric-protein-carbs intake..

it'd help real well to see your gains over a period of time, and you could also browse other user's analysis charts and gain ideas for routines, exercises, and nutrition.

it'd be quite complex in terms of programming so I need to know, would you guys like that sort of thing? I think it'd be really useful and intriguing to see all of the different charts.

opinions?

PS: Anabolic Review, please don't take this post down, the site i'm suggesting is totally different than a messageboard so there wouldn't be any competition! but perhaps a partnership could be developed and my product could be meshed within the anabolic review site, anyhow, please keep this post up thanks!

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    This sounds really cool.. but only if I get free membership

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    This sounds really cool.. but only if I get free membership
    haha, it'd be free to use for everyone anyhow... (well, maybe like a small small $10 fee for life membership) gotta make $ off of it somehow, besides the advertisements.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I think that's actually a great idea, as long as it's free! Don't be greedy

But really it's good, and make it available in different ways, say someone just wants to keep a track of their weight, you can have a program set up to display a bar graph or line graph of the persons weight and the date, and many many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    I think that's actually a great idea, as long as it's free! Don't be greedy

But really it's good, and make it available in different ways, say someone just wants to keep a track of their weight, you can have a program set up to display a bar graph or line graph of the persons weight and the date, and many many other things.

yeah, it'd be free now that i think about it

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    sounds good.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    works for me...I'd try it out anyway!

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamache
    sup guys, i'm a designer/programmer and also a serious weight lifter! and i have a few of my own sites, but i'm tryin to think of some new ideas and i thought of something that could prove to be rather useful to weight lifters and any other people who have any type of fitness goals.

it'd be a site that would help you easily track your routines, exercises and overall progress... heres how it'd work (this is just coming from the top of my head so.. )

a user signs up, logs in, and enters in their basic routine (3 day routine, 6 day routine, etc etc), and all of the exercises they currently do... then once they create that... they can enter in their first entry, where they fill out their current weight, protein / carb intake, and their reps / weight that they do for each exercise...and you can enter in these entries after every workout, after every week, or after every month, it'd be up to you... then you'd have your own graphical / statistical chart page that will track the progress of the different aspects of your routine (ie weight, reps, weight used, nutrtion, etc etc) throughout the entire span of your first entry, to your last entry... there'd be an overall analysis chart, and a more specific chart for each body part and each exercise... it'd be a linegraph, or a bar graph with different lines or bars for weight, reps, weight used, caloric-protein-carbs intake..

it'd help real well to see your gains over a period of time, and you could also browse other user's analysis charts and gain ideas for routines, exercises, and nutrition.

it'd be quite complex in terms of programming so I need to know, would you guys like that sort of thing? I think it'd be really useful and intriguing to see all of the different charts.

opinions?

PS: Anabolic Review, please don't take this post down, the site i'm suggesting is totally different than a messageboard so there wouldn't be any competition! but perhaps a partnership could be developed and my product could be meshed within the anabolic review site, anyhow, please keep this post up thanks!

We won't delete it bro. I'm just going to steal the idea and use it as my own. Just kidding. I couldn't do that to you.

It sounds like a great idea. If you want to work something out with us so that we can be a part of it, get in touch with me when everything gets rolling. Good luck with it.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    That sounds like it would work....when could this be up and going?

$10 lifetime membership is not bad....if u split it with me.....

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    We won't delete it bro. I'm just going to steal the idea and use it as my own. Just kidding. I couldn't do that to you.

It sounds like a great idea. If you want to work something out with us so that we can be a part of it, get in touch with me when everything gets rolling. Good luck with it.
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    That sounds like it would work....when could this be up and going?

$10 lifetime membership is not bad....if u split it with me.....
    when can it be up and going? well it all depends... it would probably be the most complex project i've worked on, so i can't really give you a good estimate... it looks like a serious consideration so if i did do it, it would take probably between a month or 2.

bump responses are good so far!

when can it be up and going? well it all depends... it would probably be the most complex project i've worked on, so i can't really give you a good estimate... it looks like a serious consideration so if i did do it, it would take probably between a month or 2.
    Good deal bro...just keep in touch on how things are going.

Good deal bro...just keep in touch on how things are going.
    jus wanted to let you guys know, it looks as though i'm going through with the idea. i'll keep you guys updated as i learn more, this is gonna be a badass site.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I would join up.

jus wanted to let you guys know, it looks as though i'm going through with the idea. i'll keep you guys updated as i learn more, this is gonna be a badass site.
    I was wondering if u were gonna go thru with this.......sounds good......just let us know when it is up and going.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I was wondering if u were gonna go thru with this.......sounds good......just let us know when it is up and going.
    LMAO...anything for a post

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    LMAO...anything for a post
    You read me all wrong Bull...hell now the post whore king is calling me out about a post .....for real if ya read the top post the bro has a good idea.

But if ya like I can try harder to post more.......only a true post whore can appreciate the value of a post that means nothing at all.hehehe

Da Bull is offline Banned
    You read me all wrong Bull...hell now the post whore king is calling me out about a post .....for real if ya read the top post the bro has a good idea.

But if ya like I can try harder to post more.......only a true post whore can appreciate the value of a post that means nothing at all.hehehe
    Joking bro...I thought it was a good idea also I'm tired and logging off.See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Joking bro...I thought it was a good idea also I'm tired and logging off.See ya.
    I know that's why I replied........trying to have some fun on a saturday....get some rest and come back all refreshed and ready to go.

Thread Information