Thread: Coast Guard

gonnabehuge240 is offline New Member

Coast Guard

Hey fellas I am going to join the Coast Guard in February and I am very happy to leave. My dad was in the Army Special Forces and my bro is in the Marines. I have a color vision disorder that prevents me from doing any cool job in the Army or Marines so I talked to the Coast Guard and I am going to be an AST aviation survival technician. Saving lives as a rescue swimmer. For some reason a lot of my friends look down on this? Telling me it is dumb idea! It has me really upset with them and I was wondering if any of you have been in the Coast Guard and what you thought? Any info would be great thanks

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    That will be a very admirable job bro...don't worry about what other people think.

Coast Guard will be cool. I personally enjoy the water a bunch...wish sometimes that I had done the coast guard thing while I was single and able to see some cool shit.

Good luck.

peace,

ttgb

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, dont worry about what other people say... Unless they are out their doin the same shit right along side of u, fuck them...

Well thanks alot guy I think that is what I needed to here it had just bothered me alot because the kid that keeps saying all this is my freind of 17 years. It just hurt to here it from some one I have know that long.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    I went into the Air Force while my buddy went into the coast guard. He got stationed in the Florida Keys somewhere and I got to freeze my ass off in Alaska. Not a bad choice to go into the Coast Guard!

Hey do ya know what your buddy is doing in the Guard?

calidude is offline Senior Member
    The Coast Guard Boot Camp is second only to the Marine Corps Boot camp OOH RAH!!!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    If your going to join the knee deep Navy, I would look into becoming a gunnersmate or rescue swimmer

Yes I am going to be a rescue swimmer becuase it looks the most physically challenging. I didn't know that the boot camp was second to the Marines! Sweet! I figured it would be pretty easy. Now I am exiceted

Buddy of mine is a civilian employee of the USCG up in Alaska. He spent most of his 20's and early 30's as an enlisted man in the CG on a patrol cutter on the east coast.

He "retired" when he got to 40 and moved to Alaska to get away from it all, but couldn't stay away from the CG, so he went back as a civvy acquisitions clerk...

Red

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Well good luck a guy at our fire house was a rescue swimmer and loved it. Tough training.

Thread Information