Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    markas214 is offline Senior Member

AR Titles meaningless.

I see a lot of anabolic members who've been here for only a couple of months while there are still newbie members here over 6 months. The titles are useless as far as determining the knowledge or experience of members. You can post nonesense in the lounge all day and become a senior member overnight. You can reply intelligently to 70 posts over a year in the knowledge forum and still be a newbie. It's not my forum but I think lounge forum posts shouldn't count toward status. Christ, we have some guys who'll post 25 times in the same thread. If I insulted someone I apologize as that isn't my intention. It just doesn't make sense that people who have minimal knowledge and experience reach higher status via post whoreing.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    jealous?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Yep. I agree as many newer members rely on so-called "experienced" members for knowledge and advice.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I can see where your coming from bro, I will say that until about a month or so ago, I never posted in the lounge. I was always in steroid questions, workout forum, or supplement questions.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Thats not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    jealous?
    No not at all. I'm 30 away from "member" and will become anabolic when the time comes. I will do it however while trying to maintain some intelligence in my replies not with simplistic small talk or blatently post whoreing. Check my profile and read my replies to medical questions and concerns. I have a field of expretise very relavent to AR and give opinions based on knowledge rather than hearsay or speculation on most occasions. I'll have to check your profile to see the profoundness of your replies and posts you have started before I decide if I'm jealous of you Chris.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    It isn't a bad ideal at all

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    No not at all. I'm 30 away from "member" and will become anabolic when the time comes. I will do it however while trying to maintain some intelligence in my replies not with simplistic small talk or blatently post whoreing. Check my profile and read my replies to medical questions and concerns. I have a field of expretise very relavent to AR and give opinions based on knowledge rather than hearsay or speculation on most occasions. I'll have to check your profile to see the profoundness of your replies and posts you have started before I decide if I'm jealous of you Chris.
    A joke a joke. Most of my posts are here in the lounge. I've never run a cycle so i try as hard as possible not to say anything in the steroid questions forum if i can help it.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i totally agree....

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Higher number of posts have never meant higher knowledge in AAS use.

But i can agree that some members should have maybe 2000 posts removed

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    the thing that sucks is there are some senior members with no knowledge giving crappy advice that people listen to, while newbies get shunned even though they know what the are talking about.

BDTR is offline Retired
    What about not counting lounge posts towards post counts? I know its an option on VB....

mass junkie is offline banned
    I dont get your point... you dont see me going to the steroid forum talking shit about you not posting in the lounge

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    I agree. I did like it back in the day when member #'s were posted under your user name. It helped a little seeing that a guy had been around quite a while when taking advice or knowledge.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    What about not counting lounge posts towards post counts? I know its an option on VB....
    thats really good idea.....

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I think that was the original intent of the thread.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I know, i was just saying its a viable option on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I dont get your point... you dont see me going to the steroid forum talking shit about you not posting in the lounge
    I bet the thought crossed your mind before

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    If you are referring to me then all I can say is this thread is dumb. Yes you are entitled to your opinion and yes I agree that titles are meaningless but who cares? I said that senior mumbo jumbo as a joke. I joked around about it because the people here in the lounge joke around about post whoring and what not. Like mass said, he posts mostly in here and the lounge has nothing to do with aas 95% of the time. You won't see anyone who posts a shit load here in the aas question forum talking about their post number because the comment you made to start the thread we all know and are well aware of.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Hard to judge, even counting only AS posts doesn't mean they are quality. I think it is up to the individual that is asking for advice to research who the person is that is giving it to them. I agree that the member status is a little f'ed up but I think it is buyer (of advice) beware. I mean we are talking about putting things into our bodies with needles or taking things orally that can damage our livers quickly if not used correctly.

I like it the way it is. I think it is active management of VET status that should be the concern. Mods and Jason should activley promote the true experts to that status and make sure there are enough active vets to help out everyone else.

You could add in a time requirement for status in addition to post counts but that doesn't help either since someone new to the board could be an expert.

This is a good discussion.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Hard to judge, even counting only AS posts doesn't mean they are quality. I think it is up to the individual that is asking for advice to research who the person is that is giving it to them. I agree that the member status is a little f'ed up but I think it is buyer (of advice) beware. I mean we are talking about putting things into our bodies with needles or taking things orally that can damage our livers quickly if not used correctly.

I like it the way it is. I think it is active management of VET status that should be the concern. Mods and Jason should activley promote the true experts to that status and make sure there are enough active vets to help out everyone else.

You could add in a time requirement for status in addition to post counts but that doesn't help either since someone new to the board could be an expert.

This is a good discussion.

Well spoken. You summed up what I was wanting to say. But, I'm an intelligent person. when I take advice from someone, I NEVER look at titles. I make a decision based on the answers the bro's give me. I've taken advice from a newbie before because though he was new to the board, I can tell he knew his shit.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, it's not like if you have a certain amount of posts you automatically become a VET. If that were the case, then yes, we would definitely have a problem.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Markas i agree with you all the way, but then again i don't really give a shit about member status.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Markas i agree with you all the way, but then again i don't really give a shit about member status.
    Yes I agree but I really don't care what anyone's title is I do my own research. This is a free board and if you enjoy posting in the lounge all day great. I think the guys that just hang in here and whore all day are good guys

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet

Lightbulb

Awww Shit!

Sounds like another job for the rock solid AR Mods...

Along with checking for posts that break the rules...

They should also be checking for out of control
    post whores and deducting their post counts daily...

Sounds like a job CYCLEON

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Just go to the word association thread and anyone who posted in there will tell you if they're a post whore or not, haha. I agree I just don't bother looking at anyone's status. It doesn't mean shit to me because a newbie member could be someone who's had 10 years of experience with steroids and just joined the board not the game, while a senior member could just have had a dbol only cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    If you are referring to me then all I can say is this thread is dumb. Yes you are entitled to your opinion and yes I agree that titles are meaningless but who cares? I said that senior mumbo jumbo as a joke. I joked around about it because the people here in the lounge joke around about post whoring and what not. Like mass said, he posts mostly in here and the lounge has nothing to do with aas 95% of the time. You won't see anyone who posts a shit load here in the aas question forum talking about their post number because the comment you made to start the thread we all know and are well aware of.
    I am refering to no particular individual. I realize a lot of guys go into the lounge daily and hang out and post for entertainment. I do so myself as time permits. Nothing wrong with that. It has to do with the titles that are misleading. So post away. As I said I do not mean to be insulting and hope noone takes it that way.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I just mentioned this in another thread.

I tried to do this back in 2001 too and was voted down. I am still up for it.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    what about post read? thats how you gain knowledge

BDTR is offline Retired
    It's your board man... I think its a pretty good idea myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason

That's a good idea Jason......... but someone could post in the threads that would count towards their post count all day and post nothing but garbage.......... but it would take a lot longer to earn the higher titles. So I think it's a good idea.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    It wont affect me either way but I don't thinks its necessary. For myself I'd say 1/3 to 1/4 of my nearly 4000 posts are found in the lounge. A lot more lately than in the past, but how many time can I answer "I'm 12 years old 135 lbs. How big will I get if I do a gram of test a week for 2 weeks?". Thats shit gets soo old.

Members status has never be intended to mean knowledge. It merely means that they have that many post. Other members know who knows their shit There is no titled needed just respect from others.

BTW I will also say there are many who post on the Anabolic forum who talk out their ass too. No offense bdtr Maybe we should have a karma thing like they had on EF. Only not so lame and not for karma but for who we think knows their shit. I don't care what board you don't count, post whore will alway get more post on any board. I should know.

NOW that being said the whoring has gotten a little out of hand in the past few months. I can whore it up like everyone else but damn do you guys have no limit to the whores you can be.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I like the karma idea

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    bump

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.. I dont have any AS knowledge does that make me useless to the board?

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    bump

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.. I dont have any AS knowledge does that make me useless to the board?
    I don't think so.................. It's a good comunity of people that makes a board good or not. I come to the board to see what everyome is up to and to answer q's in the other areas.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

No..........

Thats not what makes you useless Big.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Absolutely.

bump

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    well you bunch of SOB'S!!!!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate to say it, but i think the karma thing is a great idea too. Not tring to be like EF though.

why not have both?
    Last edited by BigMike J; 11-19-2003 at 07:16 PM.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a time and place for everything........one should be serious in the steroids and workout forums(and there are others), but why can't someone hang loose in the lounge and sports forums........I (like others have said) don't go by if a member is a newbie, member, anabolic or any other........if some one is going to run a cycle then they should post it and let others give their knowledge of the cycle posted, but it should also be sent to a Mod or Vet to look over. Post count doesn't mean much to me....that's what I'm tring to get across...I to am limited on my knowledge about gear which will become more after I have some cycles and time under my belt....but I do post in the workout forum when I think I can help answer a question.

Just because someone only post in the roids forum doesn't mean they know everything about gear.....this board has the different forums for members to learn, read, and enjoy.......it's the mixture of all the forums and the members that makes the board so awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information