MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member

Moving to Austin!! need information!

it looks like i have to be moving to austin tx for business reasons. i've never been there before, and know nothing about the city. the main thing i need to know is where to work out. whats the best gym there. not some weekend warrior, machine overloaded, pansy-fag fitness center. are there true hardcore gyms there? please help, as this is the most important part of my move. even more so than a house, as i'm sure you all understand. any info would be appreciated. gyms, general info on the city, etc. thanks in advance.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    where you planning to move to in austin? i know a real estate agent for keller-williams if you are interested...as far as gyms, im sure symatech will know

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    where you planning to move to in austin? i know a real estate agent for keller-williams if you are interested...as far as gyms, im sure symatech will know
    i will be looking to get a home within the next six months, but the company i work for already has a nice condo, i guess, hooked up for me there. i appreciate the help. and if you want to pm me their info, i will look them up in a couple of months. thanks bro.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    i grew up in austin. As far as hardcore gyms Im not sure, there used to be one on Guadalupe st a mile or so north of 28th. I seem to remember it being bought out a few years back so I don't know if it's still the way it was.

As far as recreation if you have a boat or like the water then lake travis is always good. krause springs is good place to bbq and swim, of course billions of bars and clubs on 5th and 6th st if you are into that sort of thing. More live music than you can see in 2 lifetimes.

Aside from that, austin is a very liberal city. And the hippies are goddamn everywhere. Like a cockroach infestation they just swarm, so be on the lookout for them. They are easy to spot but usually you can smell them before you see them.

Up north is the newest part of the city really, new malls subdivisions etc etc. The east is the run down part, the south is the laid back section but full of hippies as is downtown, and the west side is the rich neighborhoods. The further west you go towards the lake the hotter the women get and the more expensive price tags they have on their heads.

Going back to the gyms though, austin isnt what I'd call a hardcore city. It's a college town so you'll run into lots of UT numbnuts (but not all of them are that way). Consequently I don't know of any place to even look for a hardcore gym except the aforementioned place, but even that I think went out years ago.

best of luck

ps. if you see clockworks or vette slap them with the backside of your hand and tell them that symatech sends his regards....bitches

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    i grew up in austin. As far as hardcore gyms Im not sure, there used to be one on Guadalupe st a mile or so north of 28th. I seem to remember it being bought out a few years back so I don't know if it's still the way it was.

As far as recreation if you have a boat or like the water then lake travis is always good. krause springs is good place to bbq and swim, of course billions of bars and clubs on 5th and 6th st if you are into that sort of thing. More live music than you can see in 2 lifetimes.

Aside from that, austin is a very liberal city. And the hippies are goddamn everywhere. Like a cockroach infestation they just swarm, so be on the lookout for them. They are easy to spot but usually you can smell them before you see them.

Up north is the newest part of the city really, new malls subdivisions etc etc. The east is the run down part, the south is the laid back section but full of hippies as is downtown, and the west side is the rich neighborhoods. The further west you go towards the lake the hotter the women get and the more expensive price tags they have on their heads.

Going back to the gyms though, austin isnt what I'd call a hardcore city. It's a college town so you'll run into lots of UT numbnuts (but not all of them are that way). Consequently I don't know of any place to even look for a hardcore gym except the aforementioned place, but even that I think went out years ago.

best of luck
    thanks alot bro. i'm sure i will get along very well with the hippie crowd . would never have expected it to be like that, except for it being a college town. but oh well, i guess i have to deal with it. from what i understand, the condo they hooked me up in is on the west side of town. so it looks like they were right when they said it was very nice. i appreciate all the info.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    ps. if you see clockworks or vette slap them with the backside of your hand and tell them that symatech sends his regards....bitches
    get back to your nest you hacky sac phish lovin hippie

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    dont ask vette anything.. the damn kids been here for 2 months and he could get lost in a paper bag lol

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    dont ask vette anything.. the damn kids been here for 2 months and he could get lost in a paper bag lol
    LMAO!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tutuprincess
    (insert reference to earlier paper bag comment....)

Quote Originally Posted by tutuprincess[url
    www.gobuymesomethingshinny.com[/url]
    Wal-mart declined my credit ap.

spell check?

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    (insert reference to earlier paper bag comment....)

Wal-mart declined my credit ap.

spell check?
    your sleeping on the couch tonight bitch!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tutuprincess
    your sleeping on the couch tonight bitch!
    The couch you pee'd on?

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    all i gots to so bro is hit up 6th street lol austin is the shit, dunno bout gyms but im sure there are plenty of decent gyms there

Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    all i gots to so bro is hit up 6th street lol austin is the shit, dunno bout gyms but im sure there are plenty of decent gyms there
    i've heard nothing but good about the place. i'm looking forward to it. i fly out friday night to check it all out before moving there.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    i've heard nothing but good about the place. i'm looking forward to it. i fly out friday night to check it all out before moving there.
    I lived down there for awhile and two of my buddies moved down in 2000 and still there you will enjoy it bro so have a fun and safe trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I lived down there for awhile and two of my buddies moved down in 2000 and still there you will enjoy it bro so have a fun and safe trip.
    thanks bro, i appreciate that.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTERDBOL
    thanks bro, i appreciate that.
    No problem I'm going to try to getta hold of them and find you a gym and I will pm you if i getta hold of them.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    go train at GoldsGym on hwy 183 and 620, that place is huge, empty, and they just got new equipment, and tons of strippers train there.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    go train at GoldsGym on hwy 183 and 620, that place is huge, empty, and they just got new equipment, and tons of strippers train there.
    i believe that sounds like the place for me to go. thanks.

Texsun is offline Junior Member
    Lee Priest lives in Austin, so I'm sure there is at least 1 hardcore gym (Unless he only trains at his home)

TEXAS is offline Junior Member
    gold's gym beside the highland mall is okay i guess !!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    who doesn't love strippers in the gym???

they know how to spot ya.. and they have thier own money..

remember rule #1 with strippers.. never give them money..

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information