DiMensionX is offline Member

Lightbulb To Chris (GearedUp), His Family, His Friends, and His Loved Ones

It has taken me some time to put my thoughts together to write a coherent and legible post that I feel expresses the way I feel. I have never written this poem in the context of another person, as I wrote it in a time when I was in need, and is how I view my purpose in life. I knew Chris AKA GearedUp as a very similar individual, one that wanted to help others and prevent them from taking the wrong path whenever he could.

That said, here is my contribution to Chris’s family, friends, and loved ones.

CrossRoads

“He came to the CrossRoads all alone with the sunshine in his face, he had no fear of the path unknown, he was set for an ambitious race. The road stretched East and the road stretched West, but no one was there to show which was best. So the boy turned left and went on down, and lost the race and Victor’s Crown. Soon he came to a nasty snare, all because no one stood at the CrossRoads there.

Another boy, another day, selfsame CrossRoads stood.

He came to the CrossRoads all alone with the sunshine in his face, he had no fear of the path unknown, he was set for an ambitious race. The road stretched East and the road stretched West, but I was there to show him which was best. So the boy turned right and went on down, and won the race and Victor’s Crown. Soon he came to the Mansions fair, all because I stood at the CrossRoads there.”

Shawn Spring of 1991

I wrote this at a time in my life when I needed help, a time when I thought that I had no one to support me when I was in need. I look back and realize that the path I chose was not wrong, it was certainly hard and had its toll, but it taught me that to be there for someone in a time of true need meant more than anything in life. The choices I made gave me the strength to be who I am today, the strength to be there for others, but most importantly the wisdom to share the knowledge that my mistakes had given me so that others might not have to go through what I had too. Ever since I have tried to be there for others to help when I could should they face the same trials and tribulations that I had.

I chose to post this here because I feel as though Chris understands this and would want others to know that he is that person at the CrossRoads now. I know that through the lessons he learned along the way that he was always there for others, and now I know that when in need he will still be there at the CrossRoads, happy to lend a helping hand, and asking nothing in return.

My prayers go to Chris, his family, and his loved ones. Just remember he will forever be there for others in there time of need, that is who he was in life, and now for eternity he will be at peace doing what he loved most, helping others when they needed guidance.

Godbless you Chris, thank you for being at the CrossRoads for me that day.

Shawn

mass junkie is offline banned
    Great Post

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Very touching post bro...RIP Chris

Da Bull is offline Banned
    A very moving post...thanks for sharing....RIP Chris

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't think I got to know him . . . seems like it's my loss.
    RIP . . .

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Bump for a missed buddy:-(

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    bump

cb25 is offline Banned
    Thanks for the post DiM...i never knew chris...but i know this hits a lot of people...RIP...

slamd097 is offline Banned
    im with Tock, My loss, I missed a chance to know a good Bro.

May your life never be lost on the ones you touch, and may they never forget the life you gave to them....

Thread Information