bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member

Bodybuilding Game

Hey guys, I found out today, that I a guy I work with actually makes and plays his own video games. So I brought up the idea of making a bodybuilding game. He said it sounded pretty cool, so now we're starting it up soon! It sounds pretty **** awesome. We're gonna call it THE OLYMPIA, where you actually get to train and compete against the great ones like Coleman, Arnold, Zane, Haney, etc. You get to choose what kind of job you have, to pay for food and supplements. Training is definetly a must. Then there's cheat codes for gear . This game sounds like it'll be bad ass whenever we finish it. The only problem is it will take about 3 months to make . Oh well, I hope its worth the wait!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Dammit...check out my thread (post your video game ideas). Whiffle ball, snow wars and American Revolution 1st person shooter...they're your keys to fame.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, def keep us posted about the game, sounds to be promising...

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    The bodybuilding game sounds like it would be fun. I guess it would be for computer only? Kind of like a Sims bodybuilding game or something?

BigGreen, I like the whiffle ball game idea. That would be a good one. Why hasn't anyone thought of that yet? That definitely brings back some childhood memories.

LOL 11/02/03

Yeah it would be like a bodybuilding Sims game only for computer, unless we can figure out how to get to work on a PS1 or PS2. If you guys have any ideas on how we can make the game better then let me know. I want to try and make it as realilstic (sp) as possible. Like you have to train for years, and have a bunch of cycles under till you reach the Olympia. I wanna include bulking, and cutting peroids. Maybe even cops given ya crap if they catch ya with gear .

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    The bodybuilding game sounds like it would be fun. I guess it would be for computer only? Kind of like a Sims bodybuilding game or something?

BigGreen, I like the whiffle ball game idea. That would be a good one. Why hasn't anyone thought of that yet? That definitely brings back some childhood memories.

Gotta include that stuff in there too. Thanx PTbyJason.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg_28
    Gotta include that stuff in there too. Thanx PTbyJason.
    You see, you already included all that stuff. It looked like you basically copied and pasted all of the ideas in that thread into this one. That's why he thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    You see, you already included all that stuff. It looked like you basically copied and pasted all of the ideas in that thread into this one. That's why he thought it was funny.
    He left too many ideas out in his original post to have copied it, but I found it very funny how it was in the Similar Threads section at the bottom of the thread. The irony of it all is hilarious.

So now the question is, to all of the law people on here, since there was already someone who presented this idea in the past, does he put himself at risk if he makes it? I guess only if he tries to make a profit from it?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    He left too many ideas out in his original post to have copied it, but I found it very funny how it was in the Similar Threads section at the bottom of the thread. The irony of it all is hilarious.

So now the question is, to all of the law people on here, since there was already someone who presented this idea in the past, does he put himself at risk if he makes it? I guess only if he tries to make a profit from it?

I don't think the original idea was copyrighted, so i think he's in the clear. Unless of course they both attempt to copyright it at nearly the same time, where there will be proof that bulldawg came up with the idea second. Get your ass to the office man.. that is if you want to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I don't think the original idea was copyrighted, so i think he's in the clear. Unless of course they both attempt to copyright it at nearly the same time, where there will be proof that bulldawg came up with the idea second. Get your ass to the office man.. that is if you want to sell it.
    true, but even if he copyrights it first there is still evidence that the game had been discussed before, on the same message board even. As long as there is physical proof, I believe he has the rights to it. I guess we can watch the legal system work it's magic on this one. lol

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i'll play it

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I read in a Arnold interview that someone talked to him about making a Pumping Iron game and he thought it was a great idea. I guess only time will tell. I hate playing video games but if that **** came out I would be on my ass all the time.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I think it's more important that he got SHOT DOWN by yours truly in his original thread.

I'll post a link when we get the demo version up and running.

lilbull is offline Associate Member
    I think it would be cool if you could make the character as yourself, like enter your stats and make the character have your build. Then give the game concepts of overtraining, and gyno, and acne, and hairloss, and roid rage , and being horny as hell, but also give it concepts of Sex appeal as you get bigger, and you can enter your own diet if you want to to make the player just like you, and then the player can react to his diet, and training, and steroids , like the actual person would. could be a kick ass game if you made it right.

97cobra is offline Junior Member
    I think it would be cool. It would be great if you could make it to where it would be like a trainer for people who have never lifted weights or dieted right. You could make it realistic like when you are cutting and your diet is wrong and you are losing muscle to much muscle and need to tweak your diet. I know everyone's body is different but it would make a great guideline for bodybuilding. Hell, if there was a way you could put your own stats and progress and it in some way simulates the way your body works you could do a cutting a cycle on the game before you do it on your own and find out the results. I don't know just dreamin!! That would be sweet!!

I'm liking these ideas. I'll be sure and include them in the final version of the game.The only bad part is that it could take up to a year to make, maybe even longer .

Thread Information