BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Have you ever been sacked from your job?

Well yesterday I was. I work as a part time bouncer (Fri and Sat. nights) and got a 'phone call before work yesterday from the complany I work for saying basically "M.... was there any trouble last weekend"... ""No, why".. "Because the manager doesn't want you back there"... WHACK, kick in the nuts.. Sacked out of the blue, and the second time in the last 12 months for no apparent reason.
    I get on great with my fellow workers and am extremly popular with the customers but I totally refuse to lick a managers ass r grovel to the phuckers.. So where am I now.. Well my confidence is at rock bottom, I feel like a kunt. I'm left wondering '****, am I some kind of asshole?'. 'Am I giving off asshole vibs or something'.
    I'm told that I'm naturally aggressive so I try to tone it down alot, so is it better I let the real me out?..

Man I'm at rock bottom this weekend.

Although I'm back in another bar, I'm wondering how long will this one last. I've been a bouncer for over 12 yrs now and its just the last 12 months this has happened.

I feel like ****, like I've let my family and myself down.

MachZ is offline Member
    Man that really sucks.
    I wonder if it could possibly be that the manager was just to intimidated by you. You said you get along well with the people you work with so I wouldn't think of yourself as being an asshole.
    I could also be some c@ck sucker patron phoned in and complained because they didn't like you.
    I would hang in their, i'm sure you can get another job where your more welcome as from your post I am feeling that the manager that canned you couldn't have you at his command so he let you go.

Hold tight, i'm sure something better will come along.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    as a former bar whore my best friends are bouncers. it seems they go from one job to another. most of it because the mngt. it seems to be the bouncer are the attention getter in the bar. sometimes joe the d i c k you just threw out because he needed it was the one doing lines with the manager in the back an hour ago. sucks but good bouncers are like good sales people they always have a job waiting.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You already got another gig so why feel like you let you and your family down? You have a job, your not a bum bro, be proud. I cant say why you were fired...maybe the manager got tierd of the way you act towards him? Or maybe some other bouncer or person thats works at the bar talked bad about you behind your back. You could always call him and ask why.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i've been a bouncer/bartender for about 6 years now and one thing i know is that if you're not good friends with an owner or manager, your time is limited, you could've gotten fired for anything, once i got canned, i found out later, because the manager's ex told her friend that she thought i was cute and she told him, next thing i know i was fired for drinking on the job, i was on cycle at the time and hadn't touched alcohol in 6 weeks!!!

Don't worry about it bro... every time I lost a job I always moved on to something else and in time it ended up being better.

Manager was prolly an arsewipe... his loss really.

Red

mass junkie is offline banned
    Sorry to hear that..........plenty of other jobs out there.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I am sorry to hear this bouncer. You have always struck me as one of the best and calmest personalities on this board. I wouldn't dwell on it. That is the past and now you have to start concentrating on the present and future.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Hey dont let this put you down, But I think id feel the same way if I got "sacked", kinda like feeling worthless.... not saying you are, I know you have another job. Heads up and Cheer up, O and go back to the bar and talk to the mananger.... just find out why he let you go.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear about your job, but its good that you already have a new one. You shouldn't feel like you've let anyone down. You've just had some ****ty luck it sounds. I'm sure the people who know you understand this. Like Red said, it will turn out for the best eventually. Good luck to you Bouncer.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I was Xferred to the part of the company that makes stuff with a lot of toxic chemicals, stayed there 5 years. The first year I was there I just assumed everything was safe, but I started to notice things that weren't quite right, and the more I checked into things, the more I discovered that all 300 of us worker dogs were in bad shape from excess chemical exposure.
    About half of all pregnant women would lose their babies, people would get diagnosed with weird tumors. After a while I noticed that management refused to have appropriate safety kits for acid burns in the work area 'cause the stuff in 'em might screw up the stuff we were making. Found lots of other crap that wasn't right either that they refused to fix. So, I became a whistleblower, called OSHA a few times (fat lot of good that did--the company keeps 6 lawyers on hand for such problems, the OSHA guy comes alone), and quickly became persona non grata with the bosses. Management and I wrestled for four years over stupid ****, like one time they put an emergency shower (for quick rinsing chemical spills off of ya bod) directly over a 200 volt power outlet in the floor (and this was a metal floor to boot). Another time I threatened another OSHA call if they didn't vent a mess of toxic fumes outside the building--all they did was vent it from one part of the factory to the other. JHC! Eventually I had had enough, got my ass transferred out of there, and got my involuntary retirement as soon as the company could arrange it.

Anyway, this is just to show ya how ****ed up management can be. Quite often they'll do things contrary to good business sense and human decency, but it will seem like a good idea to 'em at the time because of the short-sightedness of their vision.

Sounds like this time you got screwed. Happens all the time to us good guys. As long as you're working for someone else who's Fxxxxx up, you can expect to get screwed. Solution? Work for someone who ain't F.U, or else work for yourself.

CutieFace Guest
    I got fired from only one job and they let me go after I had worked an 8 hour shift on new years day.....bastards!

Cutie

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Ah come on yer big lad, cheer up!

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just tell me where the bar is at, and I'll tell friends of mine, that this pub is a UDF's hangout

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Bouncer, bro don't even sweat over it. And, no, you have not let your family down............you don't strike me as the type not to do good by your kin.

Thanks for the reply guys. Well every cloud has a silver lining etc. I'm back working in a bar I worked in before where I get on very well with the manager and staff. The replacement for me in the last job didn't work out after just two shifts and they wanted me back. I was in the comfortable position to tell them to more or less 'Go forth and multiply'

I've also found out just which manager had a grip and he'll be getting his phuking 'come up'ence...

Cheers, hugs all round.

krafty1 is offline New Member
    Keep your head up. I've found the worst thing to do is make their problem yours and take it personally. Its there loss anyhow and you probably needed a change of scenery if you can't be yourself at work. Everything happens for a reason - maybe there's a better opportunity where your at - who knows?

Keep the PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and it will work out FINE.

Cheers,

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Thanks for the reply guys. Well every cloud has a silver lining etc. I'm back working in a bar I worked in before where I get on very well with the manager and staff. The replacement for me in the last job didn't work out after just two shifts and they wanted me back. I was in the comfortable position to tell them to more or less 'Go forth and multiply'

I've also found out just which manager had a grip and he'll be getting his phuking 'come up'ence...

Cheers, hugs all round.
    Whoo-hoo, glad to hear it brother. I hate to admit this but I'm a kinda a bar jumper myself, and if there is anyone who is or should be your friend it is the bouncer. Screw that Ba*tard. Any guy who does what he can for his family is a good man! Kudos' to you bro for not letting it stop you. Sorry, feeling a bit emotional, Listening to "40 hour work week" by alabama got me thinkin about you and your family. Peace, ---Cat

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never had such a call, but if that is the way the Mgr. wants to let you go..screw hi,. If you are popular with the customers..let 'em know where you work now..try to snag 'em for the bar!

With W Rballs in mind I thought I'd bump this thread up here again after 12 months!.

If you read this you'll see I was sacked from a job this time last year, and reading further you'll see where I got a job in a bar I previously worked in. Well the good news, I'm still working there, I'm in charge of security at the bar and hotel with the promise of whatever position I want from the owner when I retire from the army in 18 months!.

Its very hard at the time when you get sacked, but I guess things happen for a reason.

Happy holidays guys.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I was reading this and thought it sounded like a story you told me a while back, glad to see you are still at the same joint.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Bouncer i dont think being a supervisor at a day care can be considered "door work".

Have a good one mate.

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    that's a raw deal bouncer. It is crap like this that makes me hate working for other companies. Deep down, the really could give a rats ass about you. I just do as little as possible when I work and I show up as late as possible and leave as early as possible

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    that's a raw deal bouncer. It is crap like this that makes me hate working for other companies. Deep down, the really could give a rats ass about you. I just do as little as possible when I work and I show up as late as possible and leave as early as possible
    Um, did you read the whole thread?

decadbal is offline Banned
    bouncer at a day care. id leave my kids there.. if i had them...

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    bouncer at a day care. id leave my kids there.. if i had them...
    If you weren't firing blanks?...

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    If you weren't firing blanks?...
    I dont think its so much them being blanks i think its more a case of where hes loading them

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    LOL still up to no good I see. Fire up MSN someday you hopeless loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    I dont think its so much them being blanks i think its more a case of where hes loading them

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    LOL still up to no good I see. Fire up MSN someday you hopeless loser.
    MSN is always on m8, we just got cable in the 3rd world.

PS .. say hi to your mom

Relax bro, I've been fired plenty of times in the past, but I do feel bad for what you got canned for, sounds like B.S. I've been fired for flipping somebody off, telling somebody to **** off, and punching through a cheap wooden door and ripping it off the hinges(I felt like ****ing Wolverine that day!!!) Most jobs had a good reason to get pissed off and get canned, I say if you gotta go out, go out in style right!!!

Thread Information