JohnDoe1234 is offline Member

I will be the devils advocate for research purposes

I am currently on cycle right now, and the other day I was sitting back and thinking. I was thinking to myself " what would I be like if I had started training the way I do now, and juicing when I was still in H.S. ?". I wondered would it have helped me in sports at all, and if it really would have effected me all that badly ( i'm 24 by the way). Now I will answer my first question myself, no it would not have. It would have made me much stronger but I still would/and did not posses the skill to play at Div 1-AA level. But, what about for the young athlete who is skilled enough to play a sport a higher level?. Lets say that playing in college is a very real possibitly, and lets go one step further and say that the only difference between them playing Div 1-aa and Div 2 is only a matter of 30-40lbs of mass and lets say 60lbs of bench strenght?. Now I agree that you should train "natural" for several years, and that you should use steroids only after you both mature enough physicaly and mentally, before even considering steriods . Now, we all say that those under 21 should not use juice; but what about some one who falls into a catergory like I mentioned. I mean we're talking potential scholarships here, and who knows maybe even a chance to make money professionaly in the long term. If those individuals waited till they were 21, they could have missed their opportunity. Anyone familar with sports will tell you the window period to make your mark is a small one. Now before everyone gets all self rightous on me, I want you all to now I believe that you should wait as I have already stated. I raise this question because I would like to know what you would tell someone, and what your feelings are on the matter. Also I think if we all want to really deter those who are not ready for steriods from using them, then we should have reasons for everyone, including the small percentile I have mentioned. Please my fellow scholars, enlighten us all.

Mods Vets, come on what do you all think?

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    bump for this.........................and watching someone go from just another skinny kid to third in state in powerlifting, and third in state in the 400m dash in the same year, and goin to UT in a full football scholarship next year almost make me wish i knew what i know now then.

Quote Originally Posted by nostawk
    bump for this.........................and watching someone go from just another skinny kid to third in state in powerlifting, and third in state in the 400m dash in the same year, and goin to UT in a full football scholarship next year almost make me wish i knew what i know now then.
    That's what I'm saying, I don't think you can you can apply the same cut and paste "wait till you're 21" answer for everyone. It sometimes has to be more specific.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I gotta agree...Some rules don't apply to everyone.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I could've been a contender!

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    I started early...it makes a huge difference man. If someone cannot afford college or has serious problems financially than I would say yes, go on steriods. I started doing light cycles at 15 and two more later on..I'm 18 now and doing just fine. Now, I might get F'd up later in life but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

In my old High School I knew two kids that were using specifically for that purpose; one got caught though and had to subject to weekly piss tests.

I'm not trying to advocate steriods to teenagers because everyone is different. But a free ride, depending on how well you are off financially, is in my opinion...d@mn worth it.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I could've been a contender!
    Me too

What sports did you all play?, and how do you think it may have helped?.

Thread Information