Thread: serial killers

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member

serial killers

what do you guys know about the psychology behind serial killers. i think its fascinating (albeit sick) that a human can kill another without emotion. it seems to me that the guilt of killing someone would be overwhelming to most people, but there is this small subpopulation that gets enjoyment or even pleasure from it. does anyone know of true psychological studies on these people?

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    serch for ed gien i think thats how you spell it. he was the biggest nutbag. alot of characters have been based on him. he used to make things out of people parts. his soup bowl was a skull. he skinned peole to make dresses like in silence of the lambs. the psychology behind it might be something like when they were kids they didnt get the emotion support they needed or had none. there eotions never got to develop deeply thus deeper emotions like regret might of never had a change to develop. also these people tend not to have that little voice in their back of the head saying this is wrong. these people are sick and im sure the base of their problems would begin with a very harsh childhood.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    do a websearch on psychopath. That's what they're called.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Im sure if u seerch u can find.... Domers phsyc background must be nuts......

sin
    i saw a biography on dahmer a couple months ago and he seemed to have a relatively normal upbringing until he hit puberty, then his sexual urges were linked to dead people. so it seems to me that there is more than just abuse, its almost a genetic abnormality, mixed with other factors.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    do you know the difference between soiciopaths and psychopaths?

BDTR is offline Retired
    If you want some good reads, albert fish, ed gein howard unruh(americas first mass murderer) etc.. Then of course albert desalvo the boston strangler

"Me? I wouldn't hurt no broads, i love broads" - desalvo

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    i took a few forensic courses and it is absolutly fascinating to me . Many many serial killers actually get sexual pleasure along with a feeling of power. Most of there problems are rooted in messy child hoods depending on what type of killer they are. The way a killer can be traced just by a phsycological profile is amazing.
    Last edited by RageControl; 12-13-2003 at 12:48 PM.

sin
    cmon ad your letting me hang here, tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by anadrol devourer
    do you know the difference between soiciopaths and psychopaths?

BDTR is offline Retired
    There isn't really much difference, psychopath is just a more severe manifestation of anti-social personality disorder.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    There isn't really much difference, psychopath is just a more severe manifestation of anti-social personality disorder.

so how does one cross the line? i know plenty of people who are or border anti-social, but i dont think any of those people would become mass murderers

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    a psychopath will kill someone not realizing the punishment for his actions. while a sociopath will kill you knowing he'll go to jail. he just doesnt care. i'd rather run into a psychopath

the_rebirth is offline Member
    Ed Gien: Kills 2+
    Ed Gein grew up with a dominating mother. When she died he masterbated over her dead body. This is where it all started. Ed Gein participated in grave robbing and a strange type of transvestite necrophilia. He would carve out the genitalia of female cadavers and wear them over his own. Ed Gein found uses for all parts of the anatomy. He had a belt made of nipples, a skin vest that he would wear, mobiles made out of noses, skulls on his bed posts, cranial bowls for soup, drums made out of skin, etc...Although Gein was only linked to 2 murders (although linked to many more) few other serial killers lived up to the same degree of wierdness.

thats from a neat site that has a few storys of these type of people.. below is the link ti the site
    http://www.angelfire.com/md/gina/page15.html

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    Ed Gien: Kills 2+
    Ed Gein grew up with a dominating mother. When she died he masterbated over her dead body. This is where it all started. Ed Gein participated in grave robbing and a strange type of transvestite necrophilia. He would carve out the genitalia of female cadavers and wear them over his own. Ed Gein found uses for all parts of the anatomy. He had a belt made of nipples, a skin vest that he would wear, mobiles made out of noses, skulls on his bed posts, cranial bowls for soup, drums made out of skin, etc...Although Gein was only linked to 2 murders (although linked to many more) few other serial killers lived up to the same degree of wierdness.

thats from a neat site that has a few storys of these type of people.. below is the link ti the site
    http://www.angelfire.com/md/gina/page15.html

man, that is disturbing. is he still alive?

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    yeah the texas chainsaw massacre was based off of ed gein, then you have the "seriel killers" that didnt kill people, but convinced people to kill other people like charles manson.. f ucked up

--hawk

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Then you get people like the Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez), who stated that the reason people didn't understand was because they didn't know satan. Now that is ****ed up!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I always thought the guy that dressed as a clown and killed people and burried them under his house was pretty messed up...

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I went to the same highschool as Dahmer. I believe he graduated in 1977 - I graduated in '94. Our Health teacher used to tell us stories about how strange he was. I actually took a few tennis lessons from his father too - he was the tennis pro at the local swim & raquet club. Its strange to think of how close you can be to some really dangerous people.

He's not a serial killer, but I also attended (for a time) the same highschool as Marilyn Manson. It was a very strict religious school, and its easy for me to see how he turned out the way he did.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Whoa dudes.... Look at the 2nd page of that link about Ed Gein. And look at his b-day, and look at my profiel ....Whats the simalarity between me and him...?

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    They are primarily white males 25-50 yrs old. The F.B.I. says they estimate an avg of 3-7 serial killer are currently roaming the country as we speak. I told my wife and she was freakin out for a week.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    i have delt with people who have said to have killed 10 or more people, but there is no way to prove it, or keep them in custody. Thease are the type of psychopaths you need to worry about.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/gein/geinmain.htm

This is a link from a criminal investigation website, has the story and some pictures of what Ed has done. I read up on him when the new version of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out. He is seriously disturbed. Pretty much all psycho thrillers are based in one way or another from this guy. Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Hannibal Lector character, Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

This guy really did dress up with human flesh!! Freakin crazy!!! He had a belt made out of cut off nipples and kept a guys head in a jar in the kitchen. Just go to the website, its just incredible to believe a person like this really existed.

By the way, I forgot who asked, but yes he is dead now.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I personally think it's sick to blow the head off of bambi myself,

but would have no problem blowing the heads off most criminals...

Honestly I doubt I would lost any sleep at all if I was the guy pulling
    the lever or the trigger on alot of these sick ****s in prisons...
    Not sure what that says about me...

I can also think of a few c o c k s u c k e r s on the turnpike I'd like
    to take care of...

sin
    whoa buff, your starting to sound like a serial killer yourself.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    Hey Sin, I noticed your avatar, is that the dragon picture from that last hannibal lector movie? I think it was called Red Dragon. Since this post is about serial killers, just to let you know, Ed Gein was also the inspiration for that character.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedPaintoGain
    Hey Sin, I noticed your avatar, is that the dragon picture from that last hannibal lector movie? I think it was called Red Dragon. Since this post is about serial killers, just to let you know, Ed Gein was also the inspiration for that character.

yeah i know. this thread is more to hear what people think on the subject. the picture is from william blake, it signifies the transformation from man to dragon (something more than man).

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Yeah kind of freaked myself out a little too...

I just hate stupid people that's all bro... And criminals, and
    people that ride 2" from my bumper while I'm going 80 mph
    Oh yeah and Michael Jackson too! I know I can't be the
    only one that thinks that way...

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    whoa buff, your starting to sound like a serial killer yourself.

Thread Information