bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla

Ill check with my lawyer..

Is what bush said when france/germany/russia said it was illegal that the US is stating who can contribute and bid on contracts put up with US money..

O now they wanna help?

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    good for him!

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    I dont know why he didnt just shut up and privately exclude all countries that wouldnt help unless it was UN backed seems simple to me, or maybe he likes to publicly piss off other countries to show what a big man he is.........hitman

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    I dont know why he didnt just shut up and privately exclude all countries that wouldnt help unless it was UN backed seems simple to me, or maybe he likes to publicly piss off other countries to show what a big man he is.........hitman
    Ohh for sure, I think that they just need to show the american public, that we are in charge..haha..i think it is funny...Screw France and russian, pussys..

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    actually it is nota bad idea - now the good thing is he can get them to renegotiate the debt that they all have after selling Saddam all those weapons and stuff over the years - it also has the benefit of making it clear that the US reward those that help us and punoishes those who dont - good for the next time around so that all take notice - because you can be sure that France, Germany and Russia wouldnt do jack **** to help out otherwise - all they would do is critisize and then like vultures, want to eat on the carkus without doing any work.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    actually it is nota bad idea - now the good thing is he can get them to renegotiate the debt that they all have after selling Saddam all those weapons and stuff over the years - it also has the benefit of making it clear that the US reward those that help us and punoishes those who dont - good for the next time around so that all take notice - because you can be sure that France, Germany and Russia wouldnt do jack **** to help out otherwise - all they would do is critisize and then like vultures, want to eat on the carkus without doing any work.
    Very True! All the vultures want the benifits of war reconstruction, but no prior commitment of troops, serious funding, or labor. It kind of reminds me when you have a party, and noone wants to help set up or clean up.. one-way bastards.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    It's legal however (don't go jumping me, only stating an artical I read) but the reason they are so pissed about it is the fact that when the Pentagon annouced the contract bid selections, Bush asked (on the same day)each of those countries to forgive over 19 billion dollars Iraq owes them.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Bush is a fukctard IMO.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i want a contract! actually i'll just take the money.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Bush asked (on the same day)each of those countries to forgive over 19 billion dollars Iraq owes them.
    and they said no

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    this is a huge political blunder. ALthough I agree with the essence of it (I actually said it should be done before we went in), he should of waited till he got commitments for debt relief. that way we could screw them double time!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    if I am correct, most of them had already signalled that they are not interested in any relief and that even rescheduling will not be on good terms - so it may well be that this is a bit of a ploy to trade one for the other - or it could just be an in your face

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    What it comes down to is this. I applaud Bush's decision. They won't send in one soldier to help, and now all of a sudden they want contracts to help rebuild something they want no part in?

Give me a break!

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Its a bit of humour when you think about it, i liken the situation to a guy driving down maim street breaking every window in sight, then on the return trip he puts window repair buisness cards in peoples letter boxes. Where else but america.........Hitman

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    Its a bit of humour when you think about it, i liken the situation to a guy driving down maim street breaking every window in sight, then on the return trip he puts window repair buisness cards in peoples letter boxes. Where else but america.........Hitman
    Yah, agree . . .
    Bush really should have got the other countries to go along with the war before the first trigger was pulled. Geez, France said they'd go along if the US would wait only 90 more days so they could look for some more WMD. Bush was too impatient, went ahead alone, and now we've got the problems we've got.
    Had he waited those 90 days, France, Germany, and probably Russia would have sent in troops, the UN would have piles of multinationals in there, and it wouldn't look so much like a war between Bush and the Islam religion.
    And now, Bush gives the finger to our allies whenever he needs to ask for help . . . Not that I'm surprised, I've seen him at work here in Texas as Governor for 8 years. Hard to find anyone happy with the school funding system he brought in . . . Well, he won't get a second term, ha ha ah aha ha haahaha haaa!

Thread Information