Ilya95 is offline Junior Member

Teens in the gym!!!!

hello again,

Does this bother anyone at all!!!! I dont mean the ones who actually learn, train hard an eat right and earn their respect. I mean like 95% of them. They annoyy the S**T out of me. Talking loud and bosting about all their stuff, then getting on the falt bench putting on 200-300 something lbs, doing a full 1/2 a rep then getting up and flexing in the mirror. They stay for about a month cause they dont gain sqaut and always do the same body parts every day!!!! But the worst part is when you try to be nice and teach somethings or direct them where to learn they blow you off as being big only cause its all Juice!!!!

Sorry I'm just venting cause it happened in the gym today.

So what does everyone else have to say on this matter????

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I get a good chuckle and move on to my next set.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Yeah, they give all us teens a bad name. I think that if anyone has true passion, youll see them at the gym almost regularly, otherwise they never even try to learn anything and there out in a month.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i've gotten to the point where i just laugh to myself at guys like that, you know you'll probably never see them again, so it's no sweat off my back, i agree though, that it can be annoying when they're goofing around and being distracting

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    We really don't have that problem at our gym.......we're the hardcore place......most of the teens, preps, and workout wannabe's go to the other gym in our town.

FROST is offline Associate Member
    I can understand where you are coming from, i am 16yrs old, I been goin to the same 2 gyms for over 6 months straight almost every day. I cant stand the lil bastards either. Specially when ur using some equipment and the little bastards try to get on inbetween reps and screw your routine up, gym owner yelled at me a few weeks ago because i went off on one of them . People know i am serious because i have gained about 20 pounds, so i dont get botherd. But yeah, they do give us a bad name.

Swellin Guest
    Not many folks in my gym. Not that big a problem.
    Of course, there are enough of them...some even bring in a gf to watch them. That's when it gets funny. The guy and his spotter have a real serious workout...for their egos. Silliness...pure silliness.

The last time they invited the girls in...I waited til my last heavy set of flat bench...I didn't have a partner that day...so I asked the "leader" for a spot.

He had been helping his spotter lift 245 while he was "benching." You know, the spotter's hands never left the bar, and he was pumped at the end of it.

My weight was 305...he tried to lift it off for me...no thanks...get your hands off the bar....let me have this..I'll tell you when I need help.....started repping it out...his spotter stops talking to the gals, scratches his head and watches. Granted, it wasn't much weight...but it did the trick.

I haven't seen them back.

motocross308 is offline New Member
    lol wher i work out , if you put on 3 plates , the whole place goes quiet

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    Not many folks in my gym. Not that big a problem.
    Of course, there are enough of them...some even bring in a gf to watch them. That's when it gets funny. The guy and his spotter have a real serious workout...for their egos. Silliness...pure silliness.

The last time they invited the girls in...I waited til my last heavy set of flat bench...I didn't have a partner that day...so I asked the "leader" for a spot.

He had been helping his spotter lift 245 while he was "benching." You know, the spotter's hands never left the bar, and he was pumped at the end of it.

My weight was 305...he tried to lift it off for me...no thanks...get your hands off the bar....let me have this..I'll tell you when I need help.....started repping it out...his spotter stops talking to the gals, scratches his head and watches. Granted, it wasn't much weight...but it did the trick.

I haven't seen them back.
    That's pretty funny bro. I think most of these guys need a little something like this to make them see how a workout is supposed to go. It isn't a team effort, like you said. Hell, when I first started, I was a skinny kid who didn't know much at all, but I would be ****ed if I was going to be one of "those kids"! I was almost embarrased to go to the gym for fear of being put into that group. Once I got a little bigger I didn't worry about it at all. Now I just laugh to myself at the new kids who you know don't have a chance. The one's who are truly trying, I commend.

You need a spot kid?

-moto

Danielle is offline Female Member
    im still a youngin myself @ 20...........but i hate little kids in the gym......they take up so much room and are soo ****ing clueless.....you should have to be at least 18 to join a private gym, period.......if they want a gym, they can use the ones in their high school for free......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilya95
    hello again,

Does this bother anyone at all!!!! I dont mean the ones who actually learn, train hard an eat right and earn their respect. I mean like 95% of them. They annoyy the S**T out of me. Talking loud and bosting about all their stuff, then getting on the falt bench putting on 200-300 something lbs, doing a full 1/2 a rep then getting up and flexing in the mirror. They stay for about a month cause they dont gain sqaut and always do the same body parts every day!!!! But the worst part is when you try to be nice and teach somethings or direct them where to learn they blow you off as being big only cause its all Juice!!!!
    ==============

I think this is one of those constants of human nature . . . in any endeavor, you'll always get a % of "experts" who don't know xxxx, and who don't want to hear anything from a seasoned practitioner of the art. Lots of 'em end up as moralists (there's no end of people who know how best to run your life), but you see some as amateur car mechanics, computer gurus, first-time entreprenuers, etc. I guess it's natural that gyms get their "fair" share . . .
    --Tock

FROST is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    you should have to be at least 18 to join a private gym, period.......if they want a gym, they can use the ones in their high school for free......
    With some exceptions

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    I'm not so sure it's a teen issue, as just a maturity issue. However, more young ones seem to be completely clueless and disrespectful as a whole.

I try not to let it bother me, but sometimes man....sometimes I just wanna smack these little ****s upside the head. This is the kinda **** that rubs me the wrong way.

1. a squat rack is for squatting. NOT curling a bar with one 5 lb plate on the end. Get the **** out of my squat rack and curl your pussy weight elsewhere.

2. When doing standing overhead dumbell presses, DON'T drop the **** things from head level to the floor and let out a growl. Grow the **** up.

3. A bench press movement involves more than 2 inches of total travel. You're not a bad @ss just because you can move 225 lbs 2 inches. Stop high fiving over it.

4. Every single rep of every single movement does NOT require a blood curdling scream. stfu please.

5. 14 inch guns do not require sleeveless shirts. Cover those sticks until you have something to show. Please. Now.

6. Train those **** chicken legs. Remember that squat rack? You look like a pelican.

7. 300 lbs of fat lard doesn't make you one of the "big boys". Adjust your diet and step away from the triple cheeseburger......

8. The dumbell area is not an obstacle course. Put the freakin dumbells back in the racks you lazy POS.

9. The pec deck is not your office. Get off the **** cell phone and get your sorry ass to work. If it's that important, wtf are you doing in the gym? Oh yes, you're perpetually in my way....oops I forgot.

10. You're 120 lb buddy is just as clueless as you. If he's telling you how to for sure get insane mass, he's probably on the crack pipe again....

That's just right off the top of my head

Truthfully, they don't bother me unless they're in my way. Unfortunately, they usually are.

-LH

King Test is offline Banned
    Boy you guys really are big sh-t.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    It's a maturity and commitment issue more than anything. Many high level young athletes (14-17)with their coaches work out harder than most people in the gym regardless of their age.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Yeah....i'm only 16, but I work hard. I have the trainers respect, and others as well. But what makes me mad are the 14 year old skinny ****ers who are so clueless and are learning nothing, but to hog the incline bench every for use as a preacher curl!!! And they load so much weight on there they can't handle it. Then when someone like me, or another trainer offeres to help the fukctards they blow us off saying that they know what they're doing...yeah right, then why arent you ****in bigger then me ? How ya like them applies biotch?!! sOrry...lettin off some steam...I've gained 40 lbs since I was there, so people respect me at least .

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Hey Lord Humungous...Nothin wrong with havin 14 inch guns and wearing sleeveless shirts.... Mine will go back up to 16 soon enough, had the flu for almost 3 weeks so i dropped some weight.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm glad they are in there, but I hate it when they do like 12 sets of bench... do something different

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    I'm not so sure it's a teen issue, as just a maturity issue. However, more young ones seem to be completely clueless and disrespectful as a whole.

I try not to let it bother me, but sometimes man....sometimes I just wanna smack these little ****s upside the head. This is the kinda **** that rubs me the wrong way.

1. a squat rack is for squatting. NOT curling a bar with one 5 lb plate on the end. Get the **** out of my squat rack and curl your pussy weight elsewhere.

2. When doing standing overhead dumbell presses, DON'T drop the **** things from head level to the floor and let out a growl. Grow the **** up.

3. A bench press movement involves more than 2 inches of total travel. You're not a bad @ss just because you can move 225 lbs 2 inches. Stop high fiving over it.

4. Every single rep of every single movement does NOT require a blood curdling scream. stfu please.

5. 14 inch guns do not require sleeveless shirts. Cover those sticks until you have something to show. Please. Now.

6. Train those **** chicken legs. Remember that squat rack? You look like a pelican.

7. 300 lbs of fat lard doesn't make you one of the "big boys". Adjust your diet and step away from the triple cheeseburger......

8. The dumbell area is not an obstacle course. Put the freakin dumbells back in the racks you lazy POS.

9. The pec deck is not your office. Get off the **** cell phone and get your sorry ass to work. If it's that important, wtf are you doing in the gym? Oh yes, you're perpetually in my way....oops I forgot.

10. You're 120 lb buddy is just as clueless as you. If he's telling you how to for sure get insane mass, he's probably on the crack pipe again....

Truthfully, they don't bother me unless they're in my way. Unfortunately, they usually are.

-LH

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Hey Lord Humungous...Nothin wrong with havin 14 inch guns and wearing sleeveless shirts.... Mine will go back up to 16 soon enough, had the flu for almost 3 weeks so i dropped some weight.
    You're ok with me, Hoss. You seem like you're well on your way to being a stand up bro.

-LH

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    number 10 cracks me up...........

"10. You're 120 lb buddy is just as clueless as you. If he's telling you how to for sure get insane mass, he's probably on the crack pipe again...."

zx7racing is offline Senior Member

-LH

iam still laughing my ass off..

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Here's my take. I agree that teen punks traveling in packs of 4 are the biggest pain in the ass. Usually when you see 2 young guys training together they are really trying to make some progress although naive and inexperienced. But, almost every one of us started out training as a pain inthe ass teenager and for that reason I don't begrudge their presence in the gym. That is as long as they behave like adults, clean up after themselves and show respect. There are a lot of guys in their early 20's who pull the shi t on Lord H's list. They get to me even more than the teens. They try to act tough and are skinny as hell for the most part. I welcome the young guys who are truly in to bodybuilding, power lifting or training for their sport. They show a lot of dedication and are often pretty knowledgable.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i agree with that, there are a lot of younger guys who are willing to do things correctly, as for the others i just wish their parents would come in and see how they wasted their money on a membership for little johnny

echobeach is offline Junior Member
    I find that lifting big weights brings with it a certain 'respect' from most people.

A lot of the younger blokes where I train just love it when I or another bigger lifter asks them to spot - it prolly makes em' feel more like they fit in or something.
    Personally their antics don't worry me too much, but if somebody is consistently screaming their way through every rep and walking around flexing all the time - well, a good long stare seems to help em' pull the head in a bit.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    dude. I bet you everyone was at that point in there life. I remeber when i used to lift all body parts everyday. Lifting is like life its a learning experience and everything is learned the hard way.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    whenever i see guys who are jacked and then look down to see little bird legs i always get the urge to just push them over. if you can bench more than you can squat go freakin work your legs

Thread Information